“Lovely hotel, great location, very considerate and helpful staff”
Review of Flemings Mayfair

Flemings Mayfair
Ranked #115 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I picked this hotel as they had an amazing offer on ebookers and the good reviews on trip advisor. I was a bit nervous about staying at a new place, not knowing what to expect. On my arrival, they told me my room wasn't ready, they escorted me to the beautiful lobby and offered me a free welcome drink. When I got to my room, I was pleasantly surprised as they upgraded me to a single executive room as I was staying for 10 days, they wanted to be sure I was comfortable! I love that they would give us a free newspaper each morning and there were 2 housekeeping sessions where the second one was to remove the decorative pillows etc from the bed, just so I could get straight into bed without having to do that myself! I had asked for bathroom slippers and they would keep a new pair each day. The staff were so helpful. I loved my room and was quite sad to leave it which is very unusual for me and esp with hotels in London! The location is super convenient with the Green park tube station literally 3 minutes away. Will definitely stay here again!! Thank you Flemings for keeping me comfortable and happy while I was at your hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Branca S, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and kind comments that I shall pass on to the team. It is wonderful to hear that we surpassed your expectations on your first visit to Flemings. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our housekeeping services and fantastic location. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Flemings in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,885)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Third time back to this hotel. Service excellent, staff very approachable and an excellent location.... walk to end of the street and no matter which way you turn you will come onto some of the main attractions - if you turn right you will come to Hard rock cafe within 5mins.... walk straight from there for about 15/20mins and you will come to Harrods....from this hotel if you walk to end of the street and cross over the road you will be in Green Park... walk through Green Park within mins you will be at Buckingham Palace.....again coming out of the hotel to the end of the street turn left and you walking pass The Ritz and a long to Piccadilly Circus.....
Can be pricey in main sesons we went at Easter and got a really good deal......

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tracey3346
Branca S, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful feedback I shall pass on the comments to the team. It is lovely to hear that you found the service at the hotel outstanding and that you enjoyed the location of Fleming’s. I very much look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the future. Please keep an eye on our website for any future promotions.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Staff couldn't be more helpful; genuine sense of personal touch hospitality and caring.
Hotel is lovely and charming. Great location for tourists, close to tube and nearby West End and London's parks.
No business centre as of May 2013, which is a downside for the business traveler.
I stay in leading hotels in London weekly, and despite the fact that Flemings is an inconvenient distance from my main business activities and does not have a business centre yet, its staff and attention to personalised service would tip the balance in the favour of my returning here next trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GuavaDuffy

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback. I am delighted to hear that the team made your stay memorable and that they gave that personal touch. Providing a personalised service is something Flemings is known for so I am happy to hear that we surpassed your expectations. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Flemings on your next visit to London, if you would like any further information please do get in touch.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I are American retirees 68 years old, but we like to walk as many places as we can when we travel. The Flemings Mayfair Hotel (as it is generally known) is ideal for that. It is close to Hyde Park, to Green Park, and to the beautiful St. Johns Park with its long lake and many species of birds. It is a leisurely 20-minute stroll through the parks to Buckingham Palace, the Churchill War Rooms (really worth visiting) and Westminster Abbey (often way too crowded to enjoy). Another 10 or 15 minutes and you are looking at Big Ben and Parlaiment or across the river at the "London Eye," aka the ferris wheel. The hotel is also in an area of many traditional English pubs, some with an international flair (Italian, Iranian, and even "Polish-Mexican").
The Flemings' own restaurant was delightful and reasonably priced for being in a relatively expensive hotel (for us). Rooms were 176 British Pounds per night. The Flemings staff, from the front desk to the maids to the awesome concierges, were uniformly terrific. They really made us feel at home and we will certainly go back again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Branca S, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and wonderful feedback. It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel being so close to many iconic locations. I am delighted to hear that all of the team made your stay with us special; I shall pass on the comments to all. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

So, ok, we were a large party - 5 rooms one night and 7 the next - but the accomodation and ambience of the hotel was lovely.

This was the occasion of my daughter's 21st birthday and so I'd organised for 2 nights accommodation in a good quality hotel, including breakfast and dinner.

The hotel location is really good - 5 minutes stroll through Green Park and you're outside the front of Buckingham Palace and also right by Green Park tube station.

The standard of accommodation is excellent - the rooms and public areas are beautifully furnished and the beds are equally comfortable.

Food? Very well presented and, although not the widest menu, the food was well prepared and cooked and thoroughly enjoyed by all. Compliments to the chef!

People? Very keen to please - pleasant, not stuffy, professional, friendly, courteous and helpful.

Overall, we'd absolutely stay here again and look forward to doing so. This could be my new base when I'm staying in London...!!

Room Tip: Speak to the hotel in advance, although they will offer you a selection of rooms on check-in, partic...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the kind comments and feedback as this is very important to us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Flemings made your daughters 21st birthday special. It is fantastic to know that our restaurant The Grill lived up to your expectations and that your party thoroughly enjoyed the food. I shall pass on your comments to the team. Thanks once again for sharing your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff at this hotel are great, professional, friendly and efficient. The decor is great really stylish & quirky and a nice change from bland hotel chains. The only down sides were the small room and bathroom. Glad we only stayed one night as felt claustrophobic in the room. Also found the hotel noisy so had a poor nights sleep. On a more positive note the location is great close to shopping, restaurants and the tube.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Branca S, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback. I am delighted to hear that you found our staff professional and friendly. The décor and style within Flemings is something we are proud of so it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your experience. With regards to the noise level you experienced we do try to minimize this to the best of our abilities, however being located within central London very occasionally guest’s may experience street noise. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Booked room by telephone for stay on same night only to be called back 10 minutes later that they had made a mistake ! Luckily I am nice sort of person so did not go mad. 10 minutes later told they did indeed have a room !
On check in I was offered a drink in the bar as a sorry.
Nice room and bed but the smallest shower I have ever had and at 6 ft 1 could only just fit in. Bar was closed earlier than advertised so just misses out on full marks.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback as this is very important to us. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay despite the miscommunication upon making your booking. It is wonderful to hear that you liked your room however I’m disappointed to hear about your comments on the bathroom. Each room in Flemings is individually sized and the guest services team are on hand to ensure individual room requirements are met, I apologize that on this occasion an appropriate room was not allocated. I do hope that these issues have not portrayed a negative image of Flemings and I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.