“Overnight theatre trip to London”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Flemings Mayfair

Flemings Mayfair
Ranked #170 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Dublin, Ireland
“Overnight theatre trip to London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is the epitome of boutique hotels! Full of character just like the staff, decor was funky and fun, food cooked and served to very high standard. Comfortable beds, fluffy towels and robes in bedroom fitted with everything one would need. This will be my first choice for all return trips to London. Would love to have stayed longer. The location is perfect for sightseeing, shopping or just people watching in nearby Green and James' Parks.

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed no matter what you choose! I viewed a one bedroom apartment for future...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Branca S, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
It’s very flattering to be described as the ‘epitome of boutique hotels’ – thank you. We try our best to create memorable experiences for our guests so I’m delighted to read that you had a great stay with us recently and that Flemings will be your first choice for all return trips to London. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Receptionist informed me we had been upgraded on arrival to executive room, it was the smallest room I have ever stayed in, I must have been in their suite last time.
The positives:
Again location is great, Bed was very comfy, room service was quick and was actually great for late night food.
The bad:
Expensive, room was tiny, shower problem still there, its just not made for tall men.

If you can get a deal then the location is great, I would prefer St. Ermin though (reviewed previously) as the walk through the St. James park is not that long and worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JurKal
It’s good to read that you found our team warm and welcoming. I’m really pleased you were able to take advantage of our room service menu and that it offered you convenient, good food late in the evening. We do our best to allocate guests to the most suitable rooms so I’m disappointed to read that on this occasion the size of your room was not up to expectations. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you for a return stay.
Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Have just spend 4 nights in this hotel, partially for family trip and partially for business purposes.
Great location, from which it is easy to reach main points of London.
As hotel was recently refurbished, rooms and hotel interior is perfect, a mix of classic old style with modern touches.
Staff service is excellent, efficient and quick, as the ratio of staff/guests is very high.
Continental breakfast buffet with option to select from a menu different hot breakfast options.
Didn't have the opportunity to use the restaurant, but it seemed to me the restaurant menu offered nothing really special as dishes..... but then I'm really fussy when I dine somewhere, so it's a personal opinion.

Only small negative point : the shower took a long time to produce warm water, although it eventually got to the right temperature. Perhaps that was just my room.

This will certainly be a hotel I'll go back to, if I need to stay in the Mayfair area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
It’s lovely to read your comments on your recent stay at Flemings Mayfair. We’re lucky to have such a wonderful central London location and I’m pleased this allowed you to make the most of your time here. Thank you for your compliments on the hotel décor, a contemporary take on 1950s Mayfair glamour! I will pass all your comments on to our team and I hope to welcome you back for a return stay soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My boyfriend looked for a hotel that can prepare a vegan afternoon tea and he found this place. Their vegan afternoon tea was amazing with proper scones and pastries. It's very difficult to find a hotel who can prepare a proper vegan afternoon tea as most of the hotels will just give me fruit salad. I was really impressed with their vegan afternoon tea! It's a shame that the restaurant is on the basement level and there is no sunlight.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Northfields82
Thank you for sharing details of your afternoon tea with us on Tripadvisor. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed vegan afternoon tea with us, particularly our indulgent scones and pastries. Our pastry chef works hard to make our teas available to everyone to enjoy so I’m pleased it exceeded your expectations.
Moscow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I was expecting a great Boutique hotel, very disappointing, the rooms are very small, bathrooms ancient, you have to pay for an internet service that does not work...the restaurant is on the basement, not very exciting, and the staff not very helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank polyakov123
Branca S, Guest Relations Manager at Flemings Mayfair, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Flemings Mayfair. I’m glad our Mayfair location allowed you to make the most of your stay in London. I’m disappointed that your stay did not live up to expectations, and that the WiFi service wasn’t working well during your stay. I have passed your comments on to our team to look into in more detail.
Hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

From the moment I walked up to the hotel in this brilliant location, the service was outstanding, I was immediately given an upgrade to a double from a single.The reception staff were so helpfull. I was attending a reunion that night close by and they showed me exactly where to go. I was staying on my own but felt totally at ease in this beautiful hotel. My room was very comfortable, and all the little extra's like the hand written welcome card are a really nice touch. I will definately be going back to this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for describing the hotel as brilliant. It’s wonderful to read that the team made your stay special and made you feel welcome. I hope to welcome you back for a return stay at Flemings soon.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed for three days in March. The hotel is ok, found the service average but my bathroom was very small. The room size was decent.

Looking at the reviews it looks like your experience is going to be very dependant on the room you get.

Its a great location but overall I would say its pretty average.

Room Tip: Try get a room that is not on Half Moon rd it is quite noisy. Ask for a room with a decent size bat...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kim R
Thank you for sharing details of your stay. As the hotel consists of 6 Georgian townhouses combined our rooms are all unique. We do our best to ensure that we match guests to the most suitable rooms so I’m sorry to hear that on this occasion the size of your bathroom was not up to expectations. I do hope to welcome you back for a return stay.