“First class service and first class food!”
Review of Strand Tandoori

Strand Tandoori
Reserve with OpenTable
Strand Tandoori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,388 of 23,562 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I hadn't had Indian for quite some time so thought I'd go for some with a friend after work. We were on the Strand and saw that this restaurant was packed with people and thought to go in. It was a decision we were glad we made! At the entrance we were greeted by a very lovely gentleman who guided us to our table. From that point we were treated like royalty, it was that good. No issues with the service. Food? That was as good. I had Chicken Biryani - one of the finest I've experienced. My friend had the tandoori lamb chop with rice and was very complimentary of it. Price was ok, didn't expect to be getting it cheap in Central London. Overall, a delightful experience such that I feel obliged to write this review and let this place be known to my fellow Londoners.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

The food must all come from one sauce. Madras, Dhansak, Vindaloo, Phal, Rogan, no matter what you choose, it looks exactly the same oily red colour and varies only in heat. Went with five friends and was shown to a table san tablecloths. The waiters were helpful and polite but the food was not good. All 6 of us were in terrible trouble on the toilet the following morning.. ALL 6 and we all ate "different" dishes.
Maybe it was an off day, maybe not, but I wont be going back and I wouldn't recommend it. The preverbal bad Indian food experience.

3  Thank Toughguycrew
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We recently visited this restaurant very close to Covent Garden and converse to some of the previous reviews on this website, we all had a very enjoyable experience. Although the external façade and internal décor is slightly dated, this should not put you off as the food is very tasty.
All of us enjoyed starters and main courses and the meat used in the dishes was of a high quality.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming, in particular Mr Miah who offered us a complimentary drink after the meal

We would definitely return on our next trip to London.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

we were lucky to get a table for us on Saturday night at around 8pm when the restaurant was full. The food was good at a fair cost, clean, good and very friendly services. Will definitely eat here again.

1  Thank terry d
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I came here for their lunch special menu (2 courses for £8.95). The restaurant was dead at lunchtime on a Monday, so there wasn't much atmosphere - but that was perfect for me as I just wanted to read my book.

The food was truly delicious - best chicken Korma I've had in a long time. I will definitely be going back, and maybe with friends in the evening when I'm sure it is a busy time. Definitely recommend the food here,