“Great Hotel, Friendly staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Montana Hotel

Montana Hotel
Ranked #409 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Hamilton, Canada
“Great Hotel, Friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a great time at this hotel. Staff were great. We got in really early, we left our bags with them and when we got back in the afternoon they were in our room for us. Chris at the front desk and the gentleman (sorry we forgot your name) from the bar/front desk/breakfast stood out as great people. My only beef was with the wifi signal in our room was very weak. The rest of the hotel (hall, bar, restaurant) it was fine. Our room had a bathroom. Good value for money and a good spot to be to get around London on the tube.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

A very good find. It has the price of a budget hotel but the location, feel and service of somewhere much more expensive. I paid £130 for two nights in a single room with shared bathroom. I have paid a lot more in London for no better. The breakfast is adequate and included in the price. The location is impressive - within sight of Gloucester Road tube station.
The staff were consistently helpful and attentive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Pakta
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

This hotel isn't far off a four-star review, there are just a couple of little things that it falls short on for me. On the plus side, it's only 2 minutes' walk from Gloucester Road tube station, which is very convenient. Also, my room was at the back so there was no traffic noise to speak of, although the room was close to the downstairs lounge area so noise from there could be clearly heard.
The room itself was fine, clean enough although a bit too fragrant for my liking and the TV was a bit awkwardly placed. The breakfast was just ok, nothing to write home about. The staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road, but also away from the downstairs lounge.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ian W
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here for one night as it was as cheap to travel off peak, stay over and return off peak than it was to travel in peak time to the conference I was attending. As I only wanted a bed for the night, I felt I could cope with a shared bathroom, which was accurate as it was only across the landing.
The room itself was perfectly adequate for my needs and the hotel staff very helpful and obliging. There was a problem with my televisiiiiiiiiooooooon ewhich was sorted out very quickly and efficiently byy the friendly staff. Drinks at the bar were standard London pricing.
I didn't have the opportunity to experience an evening meal in the hotel's indian restaurant but the cooked breakfast was most enjoyable.
The location, just 2 minutes from the tube makes getting to anywhere in London very straightforward.
Will definitely stay here again if I'm in London for a short time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard1964
Geelong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Montana hotel was excellent, staff we very helpful every way I would highly recommend the Montana hotel for everyone to stay price very reasonable for six nights two adults ,and a fourteen year old .Great cooked English breakfast reasonable price so happy no problems .from Geelong austalia

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy M
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

After a rocky start where it transpired that my booking had been cancelled because of an expired credit card, I settled into my room at this lovely hotel.

The pictures of the room on here and booking.com matched what I got, which is not always the case, but its nice when it happens.

Having to share the bathroom and toilet facilities was no big deal, as I decided I would rather share a large bathroom than have my own cramped bathroom (in most of the hotels I stayed they were pokey).

The fittings and decor of the lobby and the rooms suggest the place is more upmarket than the price suggests, and there is an Indian restaurant in the lobby, which I didnt try, but since the hotel is run by Indians, I'm guessing it was good.

I heartily recommend this place to any traveller looking for fair value accom in what is a very expensive town, with few decent budget options.

Its 50m from a tube station and bus stop, so getting into the west end is an absolute breeze, and the big museums are in walking distance

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank blisteringbarnacles
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

The friendly and helpful staff made our three night stay a delightful experience at this lovely hotel. The Montana Hotel was a perfect location for our trip to London & I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family