“Very thrust worthy, friendly hotel”
Review of Star Hotel B&B

Star Hotel B&B
Ranked #129 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for a conference in Olympia grand hall. Very decent clean hotel. The single room with en suite bathroom I had was small but wel equipped. The staff is really friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast. Hotel is close to hammersmith station so easy to reach. Would definitely come back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 19, 2014

My wifw and i stayed at the Star Hotel last week and in March for one week with my son. (both times for five nights each time).
I can honestly say it was a pleasure. The hotel is in immaculate condition, the whole place was spotlessly clean and the owners and staff were very helpful and friendly. Our room was at the back so we didn't had road noise. We had a lovely continental breakfast.
We have already recommended this hotel to other travellers and would definitely stay here again. It's conveniently located for the tube.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Where do i start......the location was perfect for a shopper like myself. Fair prices for London. Checked in early 7am and my room which i had booked the previous night at an amazing discounted rate was ready and spotless. I was on the second floor and this was not so much of an issue even with my tons of shopping bags. My room (compact double) was right next to the busy road and i did get a good night sleep. Breakfast was simple and nice......freash croisants, cheese, juices etc. I was free to go and come as i pleased even spent a night away and found my room just as i had left it.

Thanks to Star Hotel i had a clean, comfortable and quiet place to lay my headafter a busy day London trekking. Negatives??????? Honestly i dont have any. Luigi actually went out of his way more than once during my stay. i would definitely recommend this small lovely hotel to anyone looking for an affordable, clean, comfortable and central place in London to lay down after a busy day out.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Liz A
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Great location very near three tube lines (Circle, Picadilly, and District) easy walking distance or catch the bus one stop. The Hotel is clean but the rooms are a bit small especially if you are an American used to having room to spread out. I did find the shower a little irritating as you had to slip in sideways through the shower door and there was no place to put soap or shampoo except on the shower floor. But it was very clean with plenty of hot water. The room was very quiet and comfortable even though you are on a major street. Just so you know, there are no elevators/lifts so there are lots of stairs if you're on the upper floors.

Breakfast was basic continental style...coffee, toast & butter, ham and cheese, and also a variety of cereals, rolls/buns, and juices. The staff are very nice and always helpful as is Luigi, the owner.

All in all we had a great stay, a little cramped but comfortable and you can't beat the location for access to all of London.

Room Tip: The quietest rooms are in the back as Shepard's Bush Road is a major artery for the Hospital and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This little gem is a real gem in London!
The location is perfect (5-10 minutes walk from Hammersmith station), the room was on the small side, but perfectly clean.

In fact, I have never been to a hotel which would have had SO spottlesly clean bathroom and I was 4 or 5 stars hotels as well!

The breakfast is basic continental, but everything is fresh and good - it was fulfilling and enough for us - did not expect more.

All in all: if you want a clean, comfortable place with reasonable price and good location - this is the place for you!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kismaci
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Star-hotel is small but nice and clean, with new bathrooms.
People are very friendly and kind, helped me several times with my little daughter (giving her something to eat late at night!)
moreover it's very well positioned and you can reach tube station with a small walk.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Valeviz
Reviewed November 17, 2013

OK, this review is quite late. We got home from our Europe trip, and got busy. I’ll bet Luigi thought I forgot.
My family of five; me, my wife, two teenage girls, and mother-in-law, stayed at the Star Hotel for 4 nights in July. Let me just start with this, Luigi, you did a great job, please extend my thanks to your wife, your sister and the rest of your staff.
Both my wife and I had been to London on business, but this was our first trip to London for vacation. On business, we simply booked where our companies advised. For vacation, we wanted bed and breakfast style accommodations. We wanted it to be close to the Tube, and reasonably priced. We got all three from the Star Hotel.
The communication with Luigi and Stefania before we arrived was excellent. They advised me that the hotel was “European” style. That meant smaller rooms as compared to U.S. style rooms, and no lift / elevator. We booked two rooms for the five of us. Yes, the rooms were small, but not that small. I am a big guy, and the room was fine. Besides, we were not there to hang out in the hotel. We were there to take in London. The rooms were clean and well maintained. Our rooms were on the ground floor, so the lift was not an issue for us. The breakfast room was nice, and just what I had envisioned in my mind. The food was plentiful, and well prepared. The hotel is about 3 blocks from the Hammersmith Tube station. It took us less than 10 minutes to walk. The area is safe. We never felt uncomfortable walking back to the hotel late in the evening.
Let me close with this. Luigi, thanks for loaning me the £10 until I has some local currency. To your wife, thank you for buying cream for my wife’s morning coffee. To the rest of your staff, thank you. I hope to go to London again for our 30th wedding anniversary (2015). We will definitely book with you again.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the main floor rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family