“A little Star!”

Ranked #88 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Craigavon, United Kingdom
“A little Star!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Such a welcoming and friendly host, nothing was too much trouble at The Star. I asked for a recommendation for dinner and he suggested Malina, which turned out to be stunning a real gem of a Polish restaurant, less that 5 minutes walk away.
My room was lovely and warm and the bed comfortable. The shower good and hot (a must for me) and both room and en suite were spotless.I had a television and tea and coffee making facilities.
Breakfast was fine and everything fresh, again my host excelled in offering to warm milk for my coffee, little touches that I really appreciated. A very personal experience and I will most certainly stay at The Star again.

Room Tip: Double rooms are at the back and less noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Karin J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Gilroy, California
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Friendly welcome upon arrival. Clean albeit simple room. Breakfast was continental as stated, but still good. What bumped this review to a four from a three would the be the friendly staff that were extremely helpful and willing to go out their way for the guests. We were able to walk to the underground although it was farther than expected and it was about a 35 minute ride into central London. The only downside we experienced was either the walls were very thin or our neighboring guests were extremely loud, but on our last night it sounded as if near by guests had their whole family in one of the rooms and they were talking and laughing loud enough for us to hear every word perfectly long into the night. I'm sure we had called down to the staff they would have asked the guests to quiet down, but we chose not to bother.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband & I stayed for 9 nights at this little gem. We chose it due to the close proximity to our daughters apartment. It was in a great location, close to Hammersmith station, buses right out the front, and only 2 bus stops away from the massive Shepherds Bush Westfield. It is so clean, the breakfast was just right to start the day, & Luigi is a lovely host. Our first room had quite a hard bed, & after 3 nights thought we would ask about it. Luigi very kindly moved us the next day into another room, which we very grateful for. Having wifi was handy too. I would not hesitate to stay here again if visiting London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jersey, CI.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Star is a super hotel & is ideally located for the Hammersmith Apollo & tube stations. The staff were very friendly & welcoming & the accommodation was very comfortable.

I'm a light sleeper so asked for a back room which we were given. I had 2 solid night's sleep without any disturbance at all.

The continental breakfast provided is very filling & set us up well for the day.

We'd love to go back & stay at the Star & will definitely be booking again in the near future.

Room Tip: Nice & quiet at the back.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Yeovil
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Good hotel for overnight stay in London when we were going to a gig at Shepherds Bush Empire (10min walk away). Room was very comfortable and modern with a new bathroom. Very helpful staff who directed us to a nice pub for dinner. Has a vending machine which is always good after a night out! Great breakfast and convenient location as only 5/10min walk from Hammersmith tube station. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Northumberland UK
Reviewed October 10, 2012

From 'phoning to book at the last minute through to arriving late at night, the service provided at this B&B is just excellent. Every question answered, taxi booked for me quickly the next morning, really pleasant staff. My single room was small but that hardly mattered. The bathroom was immaculate and modern. It's a great value B&B that is very clean, comfortable, and accommodating. The comments in the visitors' book, and the number of foreign tourists staying are testimony to its reputation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I only stayed one night in this hotel and it was fantastic. The WIFI was included in the price, the rooms were very clean, there was a plasma TV and I had a double bed all to myself. Beds are really comfortable and kept me warm through the night. The hotel owner was very kind to me, taking my luggage to my room and basically waited on me hand in foot for the whole time.

The hotel rooms are quite small and my only complaint is that walls are paper thing. Every time someone comes up the stairs, you can hear the floorboards creek. Other that this hotel is perfection.

Room Tip: Anywhere in the hostel is quiet although I would suggest a room away from the stairs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo