“Clean, cheap, but tired and pokey.”
Review of Stylotel

Stylotel
Ranked #554 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“Clean, cheap, but tired and pokey.”
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean, cheap, and the staff friendly, but the room itself was tiny, and the bathroom felt like it was from a channel ferry berth. There were no tea making facilities, or drinking water, and the bizarre future/industrial "styl" was very tired, and looked like it was from the set of Crystal Maze!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Custa19

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This place is awful! Cheap and dirty! Upon check-in at 11 pm, I was asked if I wanted to pay 10 GBP more to upgrade because the Single room I had reserved was really very small. This right away annoyed me because I, like most people, don't like being nickeled and dimed especially late at night when very tired. Then, I had to pay for internet.

The room (I took the bigger one) was boiling hot. It was dirty and disgusting. Nasty calcium deposits on the faucet, mold on the bottom of the door, dirty marks and little holes in the sheets. It smelled yuck. So gross that I left without eating breakfast.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank happydiddly

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Dallas
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Let me start with the good. Paddington station is only a block away so it made getting around the city very easy. The room and public areas were very clean. Now the not so good. My favorite part of my stay was when I called down for an iron and ironing board. I was told that there was a "space" in front of the breakfast room where I could press my clothes. The "space" was actually the ironing board leaning against the wall at the entrance to the breakfast. I was pressing my clothes while people were walking into breakfast. The bed linens and towels were very old and stained. The Stylotel needs an injection of style.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor require you to climb narrow stairs from the 4th floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AussieInDallas
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night before leaving London, the experience was very strange, room was very small and it made me feel like I was in a cabin or in a cruise ship room, toilet was very small and the shower was tiny. The guy at the reception was friendly and the hotel is very close to Paddington train station.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brookycookie
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Three of us (one child) stayed three nights in the apartments just across the road from the hotel (yes you do need to bring your bags up one flight of stairs to get to the lifts but a staff member brought ours over for us). If you are looking for a clean hotel with friendly staff, decent rooms (yes the toilet/shower room is small but one person fits in comfortably which is all that is required) a decent breakfast and for a reasonable price then this hotel fits the bill. Please note that the Sussex Arms, below the apartments no longer does food. The receptionist recommended "Ask" an Italian restaurant on Spring Street just around the corner which was very good and would suit families in particular. Paddington Underground is a fews mins walk. However, bear in mind that Lancaster Gate Underground towards Hyde Park is only a few mins further and might suit better depending on where you want to go. Kensington Palace open all year is about a 15 min walk through Hyde park and is well worth visiting

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gufcfootballfan
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012

After an endless search of accommodation in London for a triple room, we opted for the Stylotel, Sussex Gardens, as the reviews were good and my 6 year old loved the whole look of the place. A pleasant greeting on arrival, and quickly went to find our room on the third floor. (Room 306). There is also a lift. You have an electronic card to open your door, and it also works the electric. We were very happy with our triple room. One single, and one double, with clean white sheets, and a pillow each. Room was very clean, with wooden floors, safe, hairdryer, open wardrobe with plenty of hangers, built in vanity/desk, and a clean, but small bathroom, which you step up into, with a pull around shower curtain. The bathroom is suitable for a few days stay, and not for very large people, but did the trick. I initially thought the bathroom was a cupboard, but soon found out it wasn't! If you are like my mother, and always want a coffee or tea, then there are free beverages downstairs in the modern lobby, but my mom took her own travel kettle! Breakfast was very good. We went down for 7.45am and were the first there. A selection for all: cereals, ham, eggs, toast, croissants, bacon, sausages, hash browns, tea, coffee, juice, baked beans. A help yourself buffet, all hot and fresh. Very good. Check out isn't until 12 noon, which makes a change. I would definately stay at the Stylotel again, as on our only night's stay we had to go back to the hotel room early with my son, who had developed chicken pox in 'Hamleys' of all places, so it was good to go back to a clean, warm, soundproof room, and make the best of a bad situation. Would definately recommend, especially if you want a hotel a bit out of the ordinary, as it is very modern, and bright, and very close to Paddington train station and underground, with plenty of eateries in the vicinty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LittleBlighter
Whangarei, New Zealand
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Stylotel for one night as it was close to the paddington train station, which is why we booked with them. When we first arrived at Stylotel the gentleman on the front desk was friendly and helpful, but then we were informed that we had to take the lift then my husband would have to lug our two heavy suitcases up the next flight of stairs as the lift didnt go to the top floor. I was expecting that the room would be on the small side, but I was not prepared for how small until we walked in the room, which was also very stuffy. The bathroom was TINY! The toilet wasnt clean and the plug for the sink was mouldy and there was reminanse of some type of cleaner in the bottom of the shower. However the breakfast was really nice and there was plently of it, but overall we would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple