Nottingham Place Hotel London Marylebone
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
Adams Hotel(London)
View Hotel
All reviewsbaker street stationprincess graceregents parkmadame tussaudscontinental breakfastsmall kitchenbt towerboutique hotelkitchen areabed was very comfortablemini bartop floorlondon attractionsspent nightsbasement roomquiet streetlocation is excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel looks good from its photo's but bode well the comments from other travellers. Paying a premium price for what appeared to be their top class room I hoped that I would have a comfortable night and the hotel was within price range and walking distance to my venue for the following day.
My first stay was fine, room plain (very white!) but very boxy and cramped. If I did not have a duplex I would have felt like I was in a cupboard. The efficient air conditioning, which is a must in London in the summer, worked well. None of the additional wall coverings or pictures were in evidence but I did find the staff pleasant. Beware the cost of the continental breakfast; extortionate even for a London Hotel for what it is.
Second night same type of room but this time the claimed air conditioning did not exist. No fixings or fixtures nor any fan. One window, with restricted opening, and being a duplex no air managed to make it to the bed 'platform' in the top of the room. Very unpleasant. Would have had a far more comfortable night staying with the main budget chain of hotels, which I frequently do to be honest.
I am afraid I will not return, having spent the money and not then received the stated room specification.
Should have paid more attention to the other reviews!

Room Tip: Insist on air con
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank sjpittaway
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I can confirm that the staff is very welcoming and friendly but the price/quality balance of this hotel must be one of the worst I have experienced ...and I spend a lot of time in hotels. I'm supposed to have the executive suite but that must be a bad joke... The room is worn out, the badroom is extremely small, the bed is really, really bad and the room is very noisy because of a strange sounding electrical panel. Unless you specifically want to stay at this location in the city, is would never come here for a personal trips.

Room Tip: Ask if there are possibly any renovated rooms?
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Tim V
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The hotel photos look excellent but in reality rooms are much smaller than they seem on pics. The furniture is pretty worn out, carpets have bald traces and stains. Kitchenette is very basic, with microwave not a cooker, small sink and minibar-fridge, though some cutlery provided as well. The rooms facing the road are very noisy due to the old wood-framed windows which don't shut properly leaving gaps for sounds from the street and cool air.
The hotel staff is very nice and very helpful. Wi-fi works well and is free. Very good location of the hotel and proximity to tube station and Oxford street. The district is really nice and full of good restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Marianna_VM
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were due to stay at Nottingham Place for a little over a week; unfortunately after our arrival and first night it became apparent that this was simply not going to work out. Let me start by saying the staff was wonderful! They were very welcoming, nice, helpful, and in the end very understanding when we chose to leave after the first night. Sadly nothing else about the hotel was great. We booked the room knowing that there was a kitchenette in the room and we figured we'd have the ability to cook a few meals to save some money. The kitchenette is actually a wet bar with a microwave. The mini fridge was actually a fairly stocked mini bar and we would have had a hard time storing anything additional in it. The freezer of the mini bar was so frosted over that it took a good tug to get it to open and it appeared it hadn't been defrosted in years. More on the freezer in a minute. The carped was stained, dingy, and had several snags in it. The bathroom was very tired, hadn't had a good deep scrub in quite a while, and the trim around the bottom of the shower was coming up exposing more of the poor upkeep and cleaning. The Elemis toiletries are a nice touch but they don't redeem the bathroom at all. The bed was quite uncomfortable and both my husband and I woke up several times as a result.

We left in the morning to go to a doctor appointment and when we returned to grab a couple things before a trip to the zoo we found the TV on, and the entire contents of the mini fridge lying out on the floor with a towel at the base of the fridge. Apparently someone decided it was a good time to defrost that icebox in the fridge. In addition to the poor timing of the defrost (which really should have been done before we even arrived) the window was wide open and a small family of flies were flying around the room. This really couldn't have come at a worse time. We packed up and headed out quite quickly explaining to the staff that the hotel just wasn't going to suit our needs which they were understanding of.

Ultimately I'd say stay at your own risk; it's not the worst of the worst hotels and the location and staff really are stellar. I wouldn't recommend staying more than a night or two if you do decide to book and I'm sure we would have stayed if it were a short trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank KiwiandCheese
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I am a regular visitor that travels from hull on holiday to london at least 4 times a year. Nottingham place hotel has been my choice of hotel for the past 2-3 years. However, this time that i visited i never expected any of what happened to happen as i had very good expectations as i am a regular visitor. As i go out during the night i tend to sleep during the day untill around 1-2pm but this was not possible this time as cleaning and staff were constantly talking out loud and not letting me sleep. How inconsiderate. Also cleaning was not as good. Hand wash that i ised was very dirty on outside. If i was to move it there would be stains on the sink as it had not been cleaned underneath. Good staff recieve good and regular customers. Is this the case in mottingham place? I have always had good expectations untill now.

• Stayed: April 2014