“never again”
Review of Premier West Hotel

Premier West Hotel
Ranked #973 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Let's get the positives out the way,staff were pleasant!! Now for the negative feedback, on opening our room door,it stank of strong bleach,which made my eyes water! The curtains were hanging off the window,our view was dustbins/skip full up with rubbish!! Rusty iron bars on outside of windows so couldn't open them,maybe half inch!!, next was the bathroom, shower door was hanging off,blocked sink as plug was stuck,my husband had too force it out to let the water out!! Shower was Luke warm! Loads grout plastered around shower fittings & walls!! Need I say anymore!! Kettle only worked if I held the switch down for it to boil, oh the TV had know signel,we had to balance the Ariel on our small suitcase on top of the chest of draws! Work that one out!!! One good thing,clean towels, bed was clean,only one thin blanket tho.my honest opinion don't stay in room 108 !!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is a good hotel in a good location close to amenities such as the Hammersmith tube station and the shopping centre.

The rooms are spacious and cleaned daily. There are regular supplies of Shampoo & Conditioner gels. Also, there are regular supplies of Tea/Coffee and accompanying Sugar sachets and UHT Milk. However, the bed covers are blankets rather than Duvets so it can be cold during the cold weather, but it warms up eventually using the single heater provided as the rooms are not centrally heated. Also, it can be irksome to find bits of hair on the bed and floors.

There is full breakfast consisting of Juice, Fruits, Yogurt, Tea/Coffee, slices of Bread with a choice of spreads, Cereals. The men at reception provide pleasant service.

Overall, good value for money, and I chose this hotel for several of my business trips to London staying there for up to 5 days at a time.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Well, the saying is - you get what you pay for and with this hotel it's true. As students we were just visiting the national archives for research and don't have the biggest budget for accommodation so we weren't expecting much but this has to be the worst establishment we've stayed in. The staff were friendly enough but the quality of the rooms were very poor. The draws had no handles, the beds had blankets rather than duvets, there was an unpleasant lingering smell throughout our stay and the bathroom was barely tolerable as the shower had a broken fixture so was handheld and the toilet had masking tape around it.The only redeeming feature about the hotel was it's practicality for location, but I doubt I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We took into account, and accepted, all the 'poor' or 'terrible'reviews as what do you expect for cheapest of the cheap places to stay in a good location for the theatres - but what we didn't expect was to find a moving larvae coming out of the damp, mouldy shower base. It made us feel quite ill having already showered. We stayed only one night and this was in the morning following arriving late as a place just to crash out. We could put up with the lack of heating (small plug in radiator), the poor decor and general state of the room, the damp smells, the lack of adequate bedding, the dodgy looking electrics, and most of the other things that recent reviews have commented on but, a bug in the shower - no way! I'm sorry but this was a step too far and surely also by most people's standards of 'budget?'. We did stay for breakfast unlike some others but in hindsight the shock of the larvae probably hadn't kicked in or we would have left there and then. The breakfast added to the feeling of feeling ill as the kitchen staff (who are clearly visible) coughed away whilst putting the toast on. The food rating is 3 but this must've surely been on a good day. We felt so ill at the whole experience we didn't wish to stay a minute longer let along bother to complain. Others may want to. This place needs a referral to environmental health which we shall be considering.

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Despite reading the negative reviews I decided to take a chance & booked. Can't fault the location & I wonder at times what people expect for £34 for a double room in central London, just minutes from Hammersmith Tube Station. The guys on reception were pleasant when checking in & out unlike what some have said.
Perhaps it's luck of the draw with rooms - I can only talk about ours on the second floor. The bathroom was clean, the shower had to be hand-held & the bedding clean but again as some have said we could have done with another blanket.
The television didn't work but I wasn't surprised by that after reading previous reviews but the kettle did which was more important to me!
Basic breakfast but adequate for me - cereals, yoghurt, fruit, cheese, tea, coffee & toast served by the reception desk.
Basically all we wanted was somewhere clean (which it was), we're not too fussy on decor, centrally situated & cheap, just somewhere to put our heads down for the night - didn't intend on spending long in the room. Would definitely take a chance & stay there again - although I realise another room could be different.
If people are looking for something more up-market be prepared to pay a lot more in such a good location as this!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yvonne07
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Having read the previous reviews, my expectations were not too high, therefore I was not surprised to see that the TV in the room was not working or the cold water tap was stuck. Very thin walls, I could hear very well what the people next door were chatting about. Clean room otherwise, the bed was fine.

Hotel all right to stay in if you are not fussy at all and if you are only looking for a place to sleep. I think this hotel is meant for people on a tight budget.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with a friend who booked it for a one night stay over in London. This hotel has two things going for it - the price and the location. It's literally 3 minutes walk from Hammersmith underground which will easily get you to many popular tourist areas like Piccadilly, Oxford Street and the West End and is well linked to all other underground lines. The second plus is the price. We paid £55 for a twin room and you will really struggle to get anything with this good of a location for this kind of price.
Unfortunately that is where the good points end. The hotel is extremely run down, smells like public toilets and is generally a mess. Our room was an ok size but nothing worked. The shower was broke so had to be handheld and took about 10 minutes to get hot water. The tv didn't work, the wall lamps did not work, gurgling sounds kept coming from the plug holes and the door to the room was almost falling off. Amazingly we weren't even provided with duvets of the beds, just a sheet and a very flimsy, old brown blanket. My friend was so cold she had to wear two polo necks just to keep warm! Also annoying was loads of slamming doors from about 6am in the morning which wasn't the best wake up call. Breakfast was very basic but fine. Weirdly they also photocopied my friends passport when she checked in.
Neither of us are fussy and so if we absolutely couldn't find anywhere else we could afford, then we probably would stay again but if you're after a romantic stay or are coming for a nice weekend in London then don't book the Premier West as you will probably be very let down. If however, you are on a very tight budget, are used to 'no frills' and want a great location, the this may be an option for you. Just don't have any expectations and take a polo neck!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends