“Beware of this hotel, Take care about your money...”
Review of Piccolino Hotel

Piccolino Hotel
Ranked #715 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Beware of this hotel, Take care about your money...”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Hallo everyone,
I booked this hotel for 2 nights. When I tried find answer about How is it looks like with my booking, they didn´t answered. What´s sad, that they took my money and
They don´t want to give me this money back.

Be careful with this hotel. You have to talk to them face to face. They don´t care about email or telephone. They say to you something into telephone and after They don´t do what they promised.

Staff in hotel is very very rude. They don´t care about polite behavior. They are calling to you when they want. For example They called me in 23:30 o´clock.

Be careful about your money...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Matthewman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed July 25, 2013

at first the room was dirty and tiny the size of the bathroom I have at home the bathroom the size of a large wardrobe, now I don't mind where I stay as long as I get a good night sleep and a proper shower, I have stayed in hostels and camped at concerts and I had better comfort at those than I did at this hotel it was that bad we booked it for two nights we didn't stay the second I slept on my mates floor and my partner on his couch, why we couldn't stay the shower didn't work so we had a good laugh in having to take turns in filling the kettle to pour over each other in the shower, it had no air conditioning so at night it was so hot I had to get a towel soak it in cold water and lay the wet towel on top of me so i could sleep the heat was that bad i was tempted to sleep on the street, it had no fire escape so if i brought my kids I be very concerned, the only good thing out of this hotel was the staff were friendly. If you are looking at this review do not stay here but on the up side we had a good laugh about it on the way home it was that bad it was funny.

Room Tip: avoid room 17 like the plague
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fatirishjoe

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I paid £60 for a one-night stay in room 2, a basement room at the front of the hotel with a double bed and two singles. I was very happy with the quality of the furnishings considering the price. I've paid far more for much pokier and meaner hotel rooms in Paddington. This room was very pleasant, with solid three-star, perhaps four-star quality fixtures, including big flat-screen TV and a decent en suite bathroom.

It was a little cold in the room (cold May evening, probably c. 10 degrees outside overnight). I was given a heater, but didn't want to leave it on all night, so I stole a second duvet from one of the other beds instead.

Staff were helpful and polite and loaned me an iPhone charger.

Hot and cold buffet breakfast was included and was quite nice. Packaged pastries, freshly-made toast, eggs, beans, cereal and fresh fruit.

Quite a large window so not too dark for a basement room. I was only there overnight so I didn't mind.

Staff were working on the basement level in the morning, as breakfast room and other amenities are there. They were considerate and kept very quiet until about 8am. After that I could hear them moving around and talking at normal volume. I was also woken up early by people having a conversation in the street at 7am. If you want to sleep a bit later you may wish to ask for a room on a higher floor, perhaps at back of hotel.

I never write hotel reviews, but I was just really charmed and pleased with this hotel, so I thought I'd spread the word.

Room Tip: Might want to ask for high-up floor at back of hotel for maximum quiet. Room 2 a good size, but is i...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Katrina Z
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Anything. It is the terrible hotel. We felt cheated. Two nights two different rooms. None of them comfortable enough for two people. But the second night was the worst of the worst. The first night se were told that, as we were a “nice couple”, we were going to be put in a better (???) room but tween bed, but the second we’ll have a double room in a better position (a big lie). The second night, the receptionist told us that anyway we have been place in the top room, and that maybe the hotel will compensate us. Effectively it was practically on the roof, but it was hardly a room. It was so tiny that we could not practically move, the mirror and the side-bed lights did no work. We were worn out, so did not complain that night. We were awaked very early by very noise pipes. Next day, we obviously complained, but not compensation, only bad excuses. The Piccolino hotel: a place to forget and never come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jmsancho52
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Booked in on 23rd January 2013 Bedroom 5, which had no heating and the outside temperature of freezing was replicated in the room ! They did supply a temporary heater but it was unable to achieve the required temperature. There was damp along one wall and the wall storeage heater had an exposed live electrical switch.

Room Tip: Do not have Bedroom 5
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MartynTorquay
Amsterdam
Reviewed January 13, 2013

the hotel and staff very good this was our first time for as with the hotel .and we will be back next year.The Hotel's position is very important,.. The Rooms are bigger than the other London's hotels. The price is very interesting, if I come back to London, I think that I'll coming here too. I've been a very good journey.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is a nice little hotel in a very convenient part of London. The rooms are a decent size, the bathrooms are clean and well appointed and the beds are comfortable. Heaters are provided for the cold London evenings and there is breakfast provided in the tariff, which during the low season is very reasonable. Close to Paddington Station and Underground and to the Lancaster station underground, there are lots of options for getting around including walking if the weather is right!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family