“Good things do come in small packages...”

Luna & Simone Hotel
Ranked #114 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here on the strength of Trip Advisor recommendations, and was not disappointed. The place feels more like a guest house than a hotel - you are given a key to the front door - but service is friendly, the room was spotless and the room well appointed. The room was small - London rooms always are - but the bed was very comfortable and the miniscule bathroom had a full-sized shower which had piping hot water. Wifi is free, which is fantastic for the business traveller. Breakfast was very good - and gluten and lactose alternatives are available - just ask! I was made to feel that the family who run the hotel really cared that I was comfortable and that I was not just a faceless guest passing through. The No. 24 bus stops right outside the hotel and goes to Trafalgar/Tottenham Court Road via Westminster - so convenient. Victoria is a few minutes away, and shops, restaurants and pubs are all within easy walking distance. One thing to note - there are no lifts, so if you struggle with lifting cases, etc, ask for a room on the ground floor. Will definitely stay here again when next in town.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank lodesgymraeg
There are newer reviews for Luna & Simone Hotel

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was my third time staying at the hotel. Clean, friendly staff, and close to everything. It cant get any better than that. Bus #24 stops right outside the front door. Victoria station is a 10 minute walk away. I don't stay anywhere else when I visit London.

Room Tip: No elevator so that could be an issue if your room is located on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Mailcommando
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Let's start with the negatives: I stayed in a room for one person. It was not even little, it was tiny! There's no elevator and I stayed at the 4rth floor... not very convenient. The breakfast was OK but a few croissants wouldn't hurt.

On the other hand all the stuff was polite. The room was *very* clean and having a shower was bliss. Cable TV and most of all free WiFi was a great surprise.

The hotel is relatively close to Victoria Station and that's another advantage especially for me who needed to reach it at 4 AM to get Gatwick Express.

My overall experience was fine but I think the price was a bit too high.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Yiannis K
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We made Luna Simone our home base as we explored London and the surrounding areas during our 12 day vacation in England. We could have not been more pleased by this intimate, family-run hotel in Victoria. First off, the location is ideal. There are two tube stops within 10 walking distance (Pimlico & Victoria) and the Victoria Coach station is also ten minutes away and great for catching trains to locations outside of London (Bath, Windsor, etc..). Further, the number 24 bus picks up/drops off right outside the hotel and will take you to many of the main tourist attractions. The neighborhood is safe, with lots of great pubs and restaurants nearby. The brothers who run this hotel were very friendly and helpful with recommendations. Breakfast is included in the price, and was always a good, solid start to day.

Our room was clean and quiet (despite facing the street), the bed was comfortable, with a balcony overlooking the street. The room is small, but is typical of the typo of accommodations you find in Europe. It was really a great value for the money,

Room Tip: Like many intimate, family-run hotels in Europe, there is no elevator. If this is a problem for you...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank lawgirl79
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Nestled between Victoria station and Pimlico subway, this hotel is an excellent choice for exploring London. Price is normal for a London hotel, but the room is a tad bit small. Very clean room and bathroom and very friendly staff. Breakfast is too early (7am-8.30am) as in any hotel but sufficient. All in all a good place to stay and probably a lot better than a lot of other hotels in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank sopor81
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have stayed at the Luna Simone twice now (Oct and May) and will be returning in June 2013. I could not have asked for a better experience. The room (a double) was perfect for just me and I am sure the triple will work just fine for my two daughters and me when we arrive in June. In addition, the rooms are spotless and cleaned to perfection every day.

The location is in a great neighborhood, close to the Victoria Station. The 24 bus stops right in front of the hotel and will take you right to the heart of the city within a few stops.

I can't say enough about how amazing the entire staff is at the Luna Simone. They will certainly make sure your stay is as pleasant one.

Room Tip: I have stayed in room 5 (a double room) and it was perfect for just me. It has a balcony overlookin...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank slapshot2121
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed at this quaint hotel for a few days before leaving on a cruise out of Southampton. I selected the Luna & Simone because I wanted to be near Victoria metro stop, near the bus station taking me to the cruise port, and because of the Trip Advisor reviews - my travel bible. This hotel is owned and operated by twin brothers who I found to be the most cordial, engaging, caring and helpful individuals I've encountered on my many travels to Europe. While my twin room was small, it was adequate and very clean. The room included free internat and a fantastic hot breakfast that you could order from a menu and delivered to your table by one of the twins. I really felt at home here and I would definitely stay at the Luna & Simone again on a return visit to London.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family