Luna & Simone Hotel
$285
$285
$202
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$168
$155
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$329
$1,001
$795
  • Pool
2,164 results
All reviewsvictoria stationpimlico tubebelgrave roadno liftfamily run hotelrooms are smallbeansbus stopceiling fanflights of stairswithin walking distancebuckingham palacetop floorbreakfast roomtrafalgar squaregatwick expresstriple room
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have recently spent another 3 nights at the Luna & Simone and once again have not been disappointed. We had a twin room which was large enough for the both of us to feel comfortable and the bathroom was surprisingly roomy. The hotel is in a great location with many attractions within walking distance. There are restaurants and supermarkets in easy reach and a choice of 2 tube stations just minutes away. This was my third stay and this hotel and would still be my first choice should I return to London.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank ChrisX_11
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We found this hotel through a Rick Steves guidebook and were not disappointed. London hotels are very expensive and we got a good discount by mentioning Rick's guidebook and paying cash. The location is excellent - we came into London by Eurostar from Brussels and it was easy to get to the Victoria Square tube station and walk the rest of the way to the hotel.

They serve breakfast from 7:00-8:30 but since we had an early train to catch the last morning, they served us around 6:50 and were very accommodating. We had forgotten to ask for a downstairs room but they managed to get one for us. We were at the front of the building and the street noise was loud - so glad we had earplugs. There is no lift so either get a room close to street level or be prepared to climb!

Our room was comfortable - not huge but certainly comfortable and we appreciated having a water pot to make tea in our room. Staff is very friendly - would definitely stay here again.

2  Thank Anne B
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The two twin brothers that own and run the place have a good sense of humor. Good location with bus stop at the door and sub station just a short walk away 10 min. Rooms are clean. They are small rooms and can get pretty warm even in October. Rooms have showers. Beds have wheels on them so they do roll around (that could be a little unnerving the first time it rolls away from you. Our experience with all the staff was great. Breakfast was good and the two brothers look so much alike that if it were not for wearing different shirts, you would think you are dealing with the same person.

Would come back to this place to stay again....in fact we did when we came back to London a couple weeks later. Free wifi except the bottom back bedroom does not get the signal.

2  Thank Dallas E
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed for 6 nights. The room was small, but clean. My room faced the street and after a long day sightseeing, I didn't notice any noise at all. I enjoyed the street view. The Pimilico tube is a little closer. I felt it was a nice hotel and safe if traveling alone. I look forward to returning.

2  Thank soapchar
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Was easy to find and the receptionist was very helpful. AFter a quick freshen up in a tidy and clean room, I decided to take in some of London's sights. Receptionist told me to take the bus just outside the hotel which took me directly to Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. Plenty of decent pubs and eateries nearby, especially Chimes (a two minute walk away) which is a cider bar and has excellent traditional English food like cottage pie and mashed spuds covered in gravy. Great range of ciders too. Not far away from there is also a Tescos and in the direction of Victoria a Sainsbury's - perfect for the traveller stocking up for the next day's travelling.
The only negative was that the room was on the street front and was a little noisy. However, after a couple of ciders, I was oblivious...

Room Tip: It's quite a trek to the 4th and 5th floors with heavy bags. Get something lower if you're packed with cases. A room at the back rather than on the street for minimal noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo