We stayed for 5 nights, and could not have had a better experience. Before we even arrived, I was impressed with their service. I was having some trouble with getting a call through from the U.S., and emailed my question instead - within minutes, my phone rang with an offer of assistance. Our request for a room on a lower level was honored, and the staff was more than willing to answer follow-up questions by email. And, when we arrived, they couldn't have been more friendly or helpful, from start to finish.
Based on the reviews, I was expecting the room to be tiny, and I was prepared to grin and bear it since people seemed to be otherwise happy with their stay. But, for two people who really only came back to the hotel to sleep, our twin room was more than suitable for both of us to be comfortable without tripping over each other. The space is well-planned, and both the outer room and bathroom were easy to maneuver without feeling cramped. The free Wi-Fi was reliable, at least in our room on the front of the "Luna" side.
Breakfast offers enough options (hot and cold) to get you started for a day of activity. You also get your own key to access the outer doors, so you can come and go as you please. Reaching the hotel was a cinch - while Pimlico is a bit closer, Victoria offers more options and is about a 15 minute walk away (and an even shorter bus ride). And it's a great walk - a mix of residential/business with several good restaurants, two markets, and a drugstore (chemist) along the way. In fact, the location is one of the biggest bonuses - aside from what's in walking distance, the #24 bus (within steps of the door) is on a well-connected route. We did many of the "big" attractions, and were able to rely on our feet and Travelcard all week (great for the budget, although we missed talking to the cab drivers!) In spite of all of the amenities, things seemed to quiet down at night and we had no issues with street noise.
Just a few mentions (not as negatives, but just by way of information):
- The walls are thin. Luckily, we only heard the occasional cough or sneeze - but, we could hear them. I'm not sure if it's the same for all of the rooms, but things might have been different things with louder (or more..."active") neighbors.
- Stairs weren't an issue, since we only had to go up a couple of flights. But, as many others have stated, a higher room could make for a more strenuous journey.
- It's Fall/Autumn and the weather was mild. But, the rooms can get a bit stuffy after being closed up for a while (i.e. during the day, while we were out). However, we were always able to get the air moving again by cracking the window and running the ceiling fan - problem solved. Not sure if things would be different in a more extreme part of the year (i.e. Summer).
All in all, we were completely satisfied, and it really did feel like a home away from home. Hopefully, we will be able to return to London soon and there is nowhere else that I would rather stay! I recommend them without reservation.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Luna & Simone Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna And Simone Hotel
- Luna Simone London
- Luna & Simone Hotel London, England