WINNER WONDERLAND

“Could be so much better!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of King Solomon Hotel

King Solomon Hotel
Ranked #982 of 1,077 Hotels in London
“Could be so much better!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We booked to stay 2 nights with our 2 young children and requested a cot which was an adequate travel cot however, our room was on the 2nd floor. As this hotel has no lifts, we had to carry the pushchair up a very narrow staircase.

The room was big enough but the beds were camp beds and the duvets thin from age! The bathroom looked newly refurbished however none of us could wash/shower as the water was scolding hot!

Breakfast in my opinion was very poor: salad and odd tastiby Bagels. The kids just about managed the cereal. The owner stood menacingly urging his staff to stop talking and work!

All in all not the worst place we have stayed but like so many other guests commented, it could have been so much better.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Misstullibody

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

There was parking at the front of the hotel although a little tight and perhaps not enough places during busy periods.

Check in was ok although it seemed there was some sort of construction or reconstruction going on and so it didn't seem as professional as perhaps it may have had. The reception staff were ok, neither friendly or welcoming - indifferent.

Our room was at the top and so we had to struggle up these narrow staircases with all our belongings from our 6 week tour, which was no easy feat and it's a good job that we are fit and healthy.

Our first impressions? Nice but squashed. It was so small. The bed was comfortable, there was everything we needed - a kettle, very good supply of tea, coffee, milk and sugar, and it was clean.... but the bathroom door doesn't close and I enjoy my privacy. Hello! Plug sockets?

The shower floor is scratched but everything works fine and the towels are clean.

The next day, even though they took our dirty towel away, they failed to leave a fresh one - an oversight probably.

Wifi is something like £9 for 24 hours which I think is too much so we just used my mobile phone's internet which was cheaper.

We were awoken by people coming in on the first night late at night, and on the second the fire alarm went off. Twice! It was approximately 4 or 5am. Thereafter, we could hear people going from room to room, down the stairs, talking in the hallways, leaving, etc., and it was far too busy for me to go back to sleep.

Although breakfast was included, neither my husband or had any appetite after quite a restless couple of nights so I am unable to comment on it.

I wouldn't stay here again and I would not recommend it to family or friends.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank nicksibubs

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Yes it's basic but what do you expect for the price? The room we stayed in had two double beds and a small bathroom. The room was clean and tidy, it had tea, coffee and kettle, a tv. Needed a iron and got one from reception. I will say the breakfast is nothing to write home about but who really cares!? It's fine for one night and I would happily stay there again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DJ750
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We had to take our cases up 3 flights of narrow stairs, to the roof top attic room, therefore we were in a slanted room, was so small, the bathroom so narrow and must of been a cupboard! Our room still had a toilet roll holder on the wall, so maybe it used to be a bathroom,
The hallway absolutely stunk, our room stunk it was rank!! Stunk of damp and was really damp, you could feel it on your skin and bedding and just disgusting!! This place is a total crap hole. Double room NOT !!!!
Camp beds, TV was perched on the wardrobe and you couldn't see it properly, dining staff miserable and breakfast unedible, nobody would believe the smell or conditions, you have to see and smell it to believe it. What a dive !!!!

• Stayed September 2013
8 Thank Kelly Y
Lagos, Nigeria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Booked four nights at this hotel. I visit the U.K every year and it is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. Arrived on Monday 9 Sep, and the middle-aged gentleman at the reception was so unwelcoming as I walked up to him he wore a stern look & his exact words were 'What can I do for you?' Got into the room after a 7 hours flight and there was hair on the bed. The matrass was worn out and definitely needed changing. You could constantly hear the doors slam from other rooms. I will never go back to this hotel & wont recommend it to anyone. To borrow an English expression, 'it was the pits'......couldn't wait to get out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Moyosore O
Nottingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Am I just lucky with this hotel or do people expect too much! This is my 4th stay in 2 years and I have not had any cause for complaint on any occasion. The rooms were a decent size and clean, the breakfast adequate and the staff helpful. Yes, it is not a 4 star hotel but it is very good value and my latest stay was in the best room so far - room 60.

I would not hesitate to book it again for value and location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nottinghamboy
Budapest, Hungary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

The hotel is in awful condition, it really neads to be renovated. It was noisy, the doors were very bad, you can hardly close it. The bad was uncomfortable, i couldn't sleep well. The hotel was dirty also and the bathroom as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Zoltan0121
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Viking Hotel
Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs
Hotel ibis budget London City Airport
Boston Manor Hotel
#723 of 1,077 in London

Been to King Solomon Hotel? Share your experiences!