“This was a beautiful place to stay with great service”
Review of Jesmond Dene Hotel

Jesmond Dene Hotel
Ranked #284 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed in the apartment for 200 dollars per night it was not cheap but it was quiet and clean with incredible service. The staff was gracious and could not have been more helpful. We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed with my husband for 4 nights. We were given a room with a double bed and a single.
The room was extremely small even for 2 people (about 8 feet by 12 feet giving effective free space of 6feet by 3 feet) The bathroom was so small the toilet is right up against the shower making it difficult to sit on the toilet comfortably. - and no we are not big people. Also the room was quite shabby, worn carpet and torn wallpaper.
The bed linen was clean and the breakfast good, staff were helpful but the room was very overpriced. The b&B's in Cartwright Gardens nearby are cheaper and much larger and also in a much better area.
I would not recommend this hotel. How it got an AA rating I have no idea !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
JesmondDeneHotel, Manager at Jesmond Dene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Anita,

I have looked into this review however it does not correlate with any of my bookings. I certainly do not have any rooms that have worn carpets and definitely none with torn wallpaper. Genuine reviews that are rated less than 3 out of 5 I will always spend the time to respond to as you will see from the previous 1167 reviews.

I appreciate that we do have some small rooms which are clearly advertised. The fact that you mentioned other B&B's in another area makes me question your authenticity. I appreciate reviews are subjective; however incorrect information should be vetted by an administrator. It is clear to me that this has not happened on this occasion.

We have an AA approval which can be confirmed by the local tourist board therefore I will let the 1166 genuine reviews talk for our reputation.

Regards
Darren
Manager

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I booked the Jesmond Dene Hotel because of it's location. We planned to take the Eurostar to Paris and were taking the early train. We wanted to be close. It is a 5 minute easy walk to the train station. It was also close to the tube station and buses run regularly a block away. An Oyster card gets you anywhere you want to go.

This is a family owned/run bed and breakfast and they could not have been nicer or more helpful. They ask you to call the desk when you are ready to go to breakfast and if there is a wait they will call you back. The dining room is in the lowest level but it is bright and cheery. They take your order as soon as you are seated and it is delivered very quickly. You can get a Full English Breakfast (without the tomato) or a continental if preferred.

The nicest surprise was how clean everything was. The bathrooms have been updated so that they are very clean. The rooms are very small (our cruise ship cabin was bigger) but I have come to expect that with B&B's in London.

I would have no hesitation to recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for simple accommodations with a great location in London.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed there with my wife 4 nights at there. The location and reviews was the purpose i choose the hotel and it is as what I expected. The room is small but we have to understand London accommodation or properties price is very high. Room is clean and breakfast every morning was great.
It is a highly recommended place.
Just a comment that can make the place better like labeling the switches.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed at the Jesmond Dene Hotel in August when I came to visit my friend. The hotel is in an excellent location close to St Pancras and underground stations. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by the manager who was warm and welcoming, he then upgrading my room to an apartment. The staff was very pleasant, and had a family feel. Will definitely reccommend staying there as I enjoyed my time there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I have stayed in the hotel for a week this month and it was very good. The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was really good, specially the bacon. We reserved a standard room, but when we arrived they give us an studio, with kitchen, in the same street. The main advantage of the hotel is the location, very convenient, near King's Cross Station. But the price was a little expensive and you can find other options more economic in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The owners & staff of the Jesmond Dene Hotel are fabulous. They went above and beyond the normal courtesies expected of a well run establishment. I thought that I had lost my passport while staying there and they went out their way to help me find it. Thankfully, it turned up buried in my luggage!

As for the hotel... we stayed in one of the serviced apartments they own, just down the street from the main hotel. The location is excellent, being so close to the train stations and tube. The apartment was spacious and perfect. Everything was in top shape, clean and comfortable.

We will stay here again when we return to London. I strongly recommend you do as well!

Room Tip: Stay in one of the serviced apartments.