“Location - Location - Location”
Review of Jesmond Dene Hotel

Jesmond Dene Hotel
Ranked #309 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 6, 2013

After reading reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor I decided to make it my base for my stay in London. And I was not disappointed in any way. Great location, only a few minutes walk from St Pancras; absolutely spotlessly clean; quiet; lovely snuggly comfortable bed; and a delicious breakfast. Another bonus is that one can leave luggage, safely, after checking out (or waiting to be checked in if you arrive early). All in all a top hotel and thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Deefadog10
Write a ReviewReviews (1,788)

Reviewed March 6, 2013

1. Clean rooms but ancient carpet
2. Close to tube
3. Price ok - I guess his is what you get for the price.
4. Breakfast good and filling - full English.
5. Staff nice
6. Room tiny - not good for 6 footers
7. Towels not changed, had to to ask for clean face cloths which were never changed

Good location to catch Eurostar. Overall, recommend with reservations as to price, room size.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Michael C
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My very first trip to London was with my 2 nieces and since I heard many bad things about hotels in this city I was a bit worried about picking the right one. Luckily, I did! If I get a chance to visit London again, I will stay at the Jesmond Dene, that's for sure.
The location is perfect, everything is nearby or easy to reach, it's 2 minutes aways from King's Cross, bus stations, shops, etc.
The room/entire hotel was perfectly clean, which is really important to me to feel comfortable.
The room had everything we needed (e.g. enough space to store your stuff and your suitcases), the beds were very comfy (and again, very clean), everything was new and worked just fine. The bathroom was brilliant, e.g. the underfloor heating, the lighting, etc.
The breakfast was also very much to our liking, a lot of options to choose from and everything tasted fine. The breakfast room was a light and friendly room, we liked it.
Last but not least I'd like to mention how very friendly and helpful the entire staff was!
On our first night we had a problem with the shower (we couldn't get it to a tolerable heat, it was scalding hot) and even though it was around 10 pm the problem got solved immediately.
This might be too long, but I hope it's helpful for anyone who's looking for a good hotel.
The Jemsond Dene is definitely worth it's salt!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Sara W
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We booked 2 rooms at this hotel (1 family room and 1 superios twin) and it was brilliant. I can't remember the last time I stayed in such an immaculately clean hotel. The breakfast was and service from the staff was excellent. Would recommend this hotel to anyone and it is so conveniently situtated close to the railway station.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ann P
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had such a wonderful stay at this hotel.. here is a list:-
1/ Location - so close to everything - the train station (St. Pancras), King's Cross tube station, and the buses - restaurants (from simple tasty food like Costa's and many others) - shopping? close to the Tube to every shop you can think about!
2/ Breakfast - yummy! delicious English hot breakfasts, lots of orange juice, staff were so accomodating and extremely friendly, lots of tea, toast and nobody hurried you..
3/ Room - quiet, cozy, super shower (better than mine at my apartment!), towel warmers, big double bed, tv
4/ Front Desk - extremely accomodating! helped me with my cab, directions, telephoning my Mum in Canada... so very willing to help me out!

* More pictures coming as still developing them!

** HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT - and planning to go back next year!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Emmajoelydia
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I try to use this hotel every time I am in London on business. I can't fault it at all! The rooms are spotless, staff are great and breakfast is spot on. Also great value for money. The hotel is a 2 minute walk from Kings Cross so can be an ideal base for anywhere in London.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mike_Cleasby
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a great base for a London visit, for work or leisure. I think it offers good value for money, is two minutes from Kings Cross Station and is spotlessly clean. The staff are friendly and welcoming. It doesn't have all the amenities people might expect, for example tea and coffee facilities, plus not all the rooms have an ensuite bathroom. But I'd rather stay somewhere like this hotel, with clean, comfortable beds and a good English breakfast on offer, than some larger hotels which are frankly disgraceful.

• Stayed: February 2013