“Double check your booking!!!”
Review of Georgian Hotel

Georgian Hotel
Ranked #965 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We (group of 4 people) were supposedto stay at Georgian Hotel from 13th till 17th of October 2012., but as we arrived on afternoon of 13th, manager or receptionist (unfortunately, the man inreception didn`t introduced himself) informed us, that there is no reservation for us because we had not provided requiredcredit card details (that wasn`t truth - we had reservation conformation from easybooking.com (number 1645465-a) but as he has 1 spare room, we can stay for 1 night. Further on the manager/receptionist kept on talking about how that was easybooking.com fault (not his!!!), pretended to call them and promised to take care of things. As we felt something was wrong and the manager/receptionist didn`t seemed trustworthy, I called easybooking.com myself and explained the situation. Next day we were transfered to another hotel, but as we were leaving, we witnessed 2 other similar situations: people had their booking reservations, but the manager/receptionist claimed that the hotel is full and there are no reservations for them (one of them had their reservations from booking.com). So, in general, there is no doubt, it was hotel`s fault – I think they use easybooking.com, booking.comand other similar sites as advertising platforms, but prefer customers who book in their own homepage, so they don`t have to share earnings and discounts.
Location of Georgian Hotel is very good (close to the Oxford street), but the premises could be better – it`s been a while since last repair (in our room there was terrible large red spot on the wall – seemed like blood), and bathroom was rather dirt (nasty soap residue in the bath).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed September 23, 2012

it was so bad we left. we had to leave as laterooms had double booked. But would have left anyway as it was filthy, it stunk, it should be closed down. If you do decide to stay be warned of the lift you might not live to see another one. STAY AWAY..............

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!. TAKE THIS AS A WARNING!.

The funny thing was when we checked in we got given our key and told what floor it was on. Took the wall carpeted smelly lift to our level, put key in the door and went in, just to find that there was somebody already in there! OMG. We apologiesed and walked out, went back to reception and complained. Took another 20 mins to sort another room, but didn't bother them at all that I went into somebody else's room. Don't leave any valuables in your room as its not secure enough.

Our room was a quad room on top floor (no.18) it was scorching hot day and being on the top floor it was very hot. We had window opened at night due to the heat, but to our surprise the radiators come on! With no way of turning them off!. The room was dirty, very run down and the bathroom was even worse, with the shower hardly working, just providing a light sprinklIngof water. We had tea and coffee provided but there was no kettle and the tv didnt work. Mould was on the walls and no word of a lie a mouse ran along the hallway near the reception one night, then we noticed mouse poison behind the empty vending machine!. Didn't even think about having breakfast there, as I wanted to live a little longer!. I stayed here for a week as I was working in London so unfortunately it was all paid up front and they won't issue refunds or transfers, all you'll get is attitude. Another warning to people they are very crafty on trying to get more money out of you, tried to charge us for an extra person when we had a quad room and told them it was for 3 people, when booked. Don't pay any extra for nothing, I saw several scams while I was there and people paying more money!. I could go on forever this is just a small insight of this 3 diamond hotel not 3 star!.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank kevkevkevkev
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Booked another hotel for Friday & Saturday night in Kensington through laterooms.com it was early afternoon on Thursday when we paid for the room & received a CON-formation email!! Then Friday morning I rang the hotel to double check the booking (thanks god) & latest check in time. The receptionest told me that they are fully booked & they called laterooms on Thursday night & cancelled the booking!! So we called laterooms: we were told to contact to hotel for them to relocate us. My friend called the hotel as the booking made by her credit card. The receptionest told my friend they will relocate us somewhere bit further about 4 miles away 10 minutes drive as they couldn't find anywhere in Kensington. We had to except it in the end as we were suppose to be leaving that day & desperate to have some certainty where to go! He told her Georgian Hotel was an upgrade! 3 star with open buffet breakfast with parking facility available & ensuite. When we arrived to Georgian Hotel, No parking facility-not even a parking bay to unload or load. Put my hazard lights on got the stuff out the car & went to check in (was keep checking the car if i was going to get a parking fine) Anyway this woman at the reception way to far from being hospitable, wasn't bothered with parking issues when we asked her where can we park over the night? She said "I don't drive so I don't know" I was really pissed off after driving two and a half hours to get there and I said " how about your guests? No one drives here? do you have any maps that can direct us to nearest parking place" She didn't even answer that as if it's not part of their job. Then we found out that we didn't have an ensuite bathroom. But luckly we had a private bathroom! Went up to room more like a ...... ....! Hardly could walk aroun the room, smelly carpets, non working & creepy side lights, one single pillow for each, filthy bed spread, bathroom was not cleaned from the previous visitor as there was a razor left in the bath, open buffet breakfast was 2 types of cheap cerials, tea & coffee,boiled eggs, jam & butter. bed was surprisingly comfortable I slept well & breakfast was always a rush so wasn't a problem. But I absolutly hated 7.30am-10.30pm operated lifts! (we were on the 6th floor) Why would you do something so stupid! Oh, of course when you need to check out you've got to go & find the receptionest because they are never at the reception. Glad we did that because they were going to charge my friends card extra £40 for breakfast! So disappointed! We took 20 hours course 10 on saturday & 10 on Sunday we were absolutly knackered end of each day & been in the class 9am-7pm, got lost to get to Kensington & back so we could have done with a good home to go back & rest but No! What a bad practise & they can just get away with it because it's London, they'll get enough people to rip off! I wish we read some reviews before we accepted it but the reason you book through laterooms is you have no time!!

Room Tip: If you are booking with laterooms, make sure that you have 10 min spare time to read the reviews of...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had actually booked a hotel in Kensington on laterooms and they had overbooked so asked us to accept this an alternaitve. They promised it was an upgrade with with ensuite facilities and car parking nearby......well nothing turned out to be true. The receptionist didn't want to help at all on advising us on parking when we arrived late evening after a long drive, she just shrugged and said 'th.is is London'
Room really small, no ensuite, TV didn't work, bedside lamps rattled then gave up working completely and guess what if u try to ring for help they don't pick up the phone. How did this hotel get a 3 star rating??? We had a 20 hr course to go to in London and didn't nd the extra stress of such poor accommodation

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Rip off ! Very dirty , I stayed with my 5 years old daughter , we arrived to the hotel just after 3 pm , receptionist can not find out booking , keep us waiting till he contact last minute.com ( even tho I had e-mail confirmation) , then told me I should pay £10 ( for 2) for continental breakfast on top of my £75 for a night in a grotty room with toilet had sliver wee on it , dirty shower room and no hand towels , bedding very poor has holls every where . Bed just ok , but not sure if my back will be sore tomorrow morning !
This is how small business prepared for Olympics :-(
This is very very poor accommodation !
The only think I hope I may have a sleep , our room happens to be at the back of the hotel .

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank family_traveller2011
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have had bad experiences, but this one takes the cake.

First of all, the good part: amazing location.
And now the rest:
- Horrible old decor, smelly carpet, that was even put on the elevator walls.
- Elevator only works from 7h30 to 22h30, and having asthma, going up three floors is no small feat.
- No toiletries on the bathroom
- Bathroom wasn't ensuite, but across from a hall shared with another room. We weren't even sure if the bathroom was really private, especially because the cleaning personnel kept leaving it unlocked (with our personal stuff in there).
- No way to let cleaning staff know that you don't need the room made.
- Room smelled as if it had been closed for years, my allergies attacked right away
- Poor breakfast buffet, food looked extremely unappealing, and only available from 8h to 9h30
- Armchair and stools on the bedroom had big stains
- Noisy, with doors being old and needing to be rammed to lock
- There's never anyone at the reception - every time we passed by, it was empty
And the worst of the worst: terrible attitude from all the staff. First, they tried to dissuade us from paying by credit card, and wanted to receive in cash (mind you, it was 400 pounds). Then, as we said we wouldn't, they said they had to charge 4.5% extra. We did it because we had no choice, but it felt very dishonest not to inform ahead that they carry this type of charge. At the end, when we were checking out, having paid everything upfront, we were told by the lady who was in the back office (there was nobody at the reception, of course) that we had to pay. We explained that we paid everything, but she said that there was no record of it and had a very smug attitude about it, like we were the stupid tourists who don't know any better. It took some time for her to find among all their paperwork (computers, anyone?) the page were the person who check us in had recorded the payment.

I could understand some of the shortcomings if this was a 'ma and pa' B&B in a tiny country town, but this is in London and they claim to be hotel. Looks a lot more like a run-down, dingy pension.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple