“GREAT HOTEL”
Review of Blades Hotel

Blades Hotel
Ranked #215 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Had a lovely stay at the beginging of March. Location is great for all the sightseeing in London. Hotel is clean and tidy. The beds are so comfy, best nights sleep i've ever had in a Hotel and i'm fussy about my beds lol. Even got an upgrade! The staff are warm and welcoming. The food is nicely lade out and fresh.
When it came to leave they let me use a room to get washed up for my journey home.
I will be staying there again when i stay in London.
Thanks for a great stay to everybody who works at Blades Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for Blades Hotel

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed recently, initial impressions good but as you climb the stairs the standard decreases. Stayed on top floor where it seemed that the room had been fitted out from a car-boot sale and the shower was little more than a dribble. It was however clean and the single female member of staff I saw was very pleasant. Overall a very disappointing experience for £110, can't comment on the breakfast as the kitchen couldn't accommodate my 7.15 start although I was offered cereal and coffee. I stay in London frequently for business, I won't bother staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't go up the stairs!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank AandImj
bladeshotel, Owner at Blades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

We would like to thank this guest for taking the time to make their review as feedbacks are important to us. We are at the moment refurbishing the upper floors and hallways and this is done constantly through the year, and we have a sign saying so in the hall. As there is a bed in the room and side tables only as seen on our website, and these are provided by well establish hotel caterers we don’t know what else they expected. We tested the shower and it appears to be fine and we have received no complaints from other guests. High powered showers you only get in top stars hotels. We received no request for a 7.15am breakfast and if we had we would have been only too pleased to have offered it. The prices have remained the same for the last two years and include a nice buffet breakfast, bathroom ensuite, all taxes and no hidden charges, and if this guest can find a nicer, more comfortable and better value budget hotel in this expensive area of Westminster where we share the same postcode as the Queen , the Cardinal and the Prime Minister we would be delighted to give them their money back. We won the “Top Clean Hotel Venere Award” in 2013 and our goal is to deliver good value and service to all guests who stay with us and it was nice to hear that this guest said our staff member Antonella was friendly and helpful.

Noreen

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed here at Blades Hotel last week - mid Feb 2014 with my family of 5. Stephen really looked after us well. Rooms are clean, tidy and breakfast was good. Staff very friendly and gave us some great tips, as it was our first time in London as a family eg. Take a taxi instead of the tube- its generally cheaper and more comfortable....... Will stay again and will tell friends. Good location.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank TerenceDublin
bladeshotel, Manager at Blades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and give us a beautiful review.

I am delighted that you experienced a brilliant stay with us and found the room very clean and quiet.Our goal is to deliver great service to every guest who stays with us so it is a pleasure to hear that you found our staff and me extremely friendly and helpful.

We look forward in welcoming you back

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We never expected a low-price hotel to be so clean and comfortable! The breakfast was standard but a nice bonus for the low price. The staff looked after us, letting us keep our bags in the hotel on our last day so we didn't have to carry them around London (and also let us have a wee before we left! :D). I would recommend this hotel for a city break, we had a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank BryRae

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time and give us a beautiful review.

We look forward in welcoming you back

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in 2005 and we loved this place. It was so convenient to everything - we were able to walk from the Blades Hotel to just about all of the major sites. The price was extremely reasonable for London. It was clean and the manager was very friendly. We will be staying here again when we travel to London.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
bladeshotel, Manager at Blades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review - we all love this review...

The team and I are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, the location of the hotel and that we offer value for money. Also, I very much appreciate your comments about Blades Hotel and hope that you will let me know personally whenever you are planning to return.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Helpful, welcoming, friendly. Stephen who runs the place is excellent, for example he suggested I move rooms from the fourth floor to the second for the second night making the internet access easier. The breakfast was good. Only slight problem were thin walls (difficult to tackle), I had a neighbour clearly struggling with a terrible cough, but otherwise excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Duncan D
bladeshotel, Manager at Blades Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

We would like to thank Mr Duncan for his kind review and sorry to hear about his unfortunate experience with another guest coughing. This is the first time this has happened here and hopefully it won`t happen again, what can we do. We would also like to thank him for his recommendation to another guest who booked with us also, and look forward to his return in sunnier days when coughs will be history.

Steven

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I just spent three days in London and had an excellent experience staying at the Blades hotel.

The Blades in conveniently located just two blocks away from the Pimlico tube station, which is in the Victoria lane, one stop away from Victoria station. From the door of the hotel, you are very close to important locations such as Westminster Abbey, the Big Ben, Trafalgar, St. James Park and several of the London Museums.

Every day I came back really late at night and found the neighborhood safe and quiet and had no issues walking back to the hotel.

The rooms are small but clean and well kept. The staff is incredible friendly.

Other reviews complain that the hotel does not have an elevator. I have to say this is a small price you have to pay to stay in such a nice place for such reasonable rate.

The basement has a small dining room where they serve breakfast. The selections are very good. Only thing is to go down early because it can get crowded and then you may have to wait for a table.

I will stay at the Blades again next time I visit London. No hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank MPCK_NC

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your very pleasing review. The staff work very hard to make sure all our guests enjoy their stay and it is very rewarding when we receive such a glowing review.

We are always very pleased to know our guests have enjoyed their stay with us.

We hope to see you again very soon