“Value for money”
Review of Blades Hotel

Blades Hotel
Ranked #213 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 4, 2013

When we checked in there was a minor issue about our booking. It was resolved very quickly though. This hotel is in a great location, close to the tube station. Mary was very friendly to us, and made us feel very welcome (the 4 Belfast girls with the semi skimmed milk from the fridge). Nothing was too much bother for her and was willing to help us out in every way. I would come back to this hotel again as it was friendly (hard to find in London hotels) the beds etc were clean, and it is very quiet. Thank you Mary

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Michellexx
There are newer reviews for Blades Hotel

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed for one night while on business, hotel was very quiet when I checked in (6pm), I had booked a single room which turned out to have a double bed which was handy, bed was extremely comfy with big fluffy pillows and nice clean bed linen. Room was the perfect size for 1 person, the bathroom was tired with the tiniest wash basin I have ever seen and bits of chipped grout/old shower etc - but for one night it was fine. It was one of the cheapest hotels for a midweek stay in London so I didn't expect high end luxury.

I didn't have breakfast - just grabbed a box of cereal but the dining room was clean and laid out nicely with various continental options which would have been nice had I not been in a rush.

Location is brill, literally 2 minute walk from Pimlico tube station or about 10-15mins for Victoria. Walked to work in Vauxhall within 15mins which was very handy on a nice sunny day.

After staying in the Easyhotel (Victoria) last time, which is on the same road as this - I can say without a doubt that this is luxurious in comparison for a fairly similar price!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank fullybestever
Reviewed July 24, 2013

From the moment I stepped through the door at Blades Hotel Mary made me feel welcome. Although I had arrived many hours before I was expected to check in, Mary took care of my luggage for me, allowing me to meet with my classmates to do some exploring. Not only that, but she was kind enough to go the extra mile and find the correct bus route AND she walked me to the station. Tell me what Holiday Inn staff member would do that for you?

When I arrived back at the hotel later on my luggage was waiting for me in my room, which was great since I was quite tired and looking forward to taking a shower and heading to bed. The room was very clean, as was the bathroom (I could smell the cleaner, which was nice!). There was a small issue with connecting to the WiFi in my room, but there was another free and open WiFi connection that I could reach so that I could contact my family. Otherwise, I went down to the very pleasant conservatory or connected at breakfast time. Another small but helpful tool that was provided were these little cards, about 2"x3" that had important sights to see and how to access the sights via the Tube. It was a very useful tool for someone who has limited internet access via a smartphone to find their way around.

Breakfast was also included in the very reasonable price of the room. Cereal, toasts, yogurt and so forth which was a great money saver.

My overall satisfaction with the value and location of the hotel/ "B&B" is extremely satisfied. When I return to London I would return to Blades in a heartbeat. The location of the hotel to various restaurants as well as the Tube is perfect. For the price I got more than I expected from this quaint hotel. Many thanks to Mary for making me feel like I was at home.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Amanda R
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My sister & I stayed for one night, we found the accommodation was clean, bathroom seemed new and the breakfast was fine. The location is great being 2min walk to the tube and it was nice and quiet at night.
For a London hotel I feel it was good value for money as theTravellodges were at least £30 more and that would be with no breakfast.
Only slight downside was as others have mentioned the wifi was not great, but I wasn't there for the free wifi.
I would deffo use this hotel again if I was needing to stay in London.
Oh and the little tourist cards that are in the conservetory are great.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Seahorse001
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Booked in last minute circa £100 so wasn't expecting too much but was pleasantly surprised! In terms of location it's a short walk from Pimlico tube in a nice street - ok so it's a B&B but the staff are welcoming and my ensuite room was well decorated with a comfy bed and fan - the bathroom was small but big enough for me (6ft 3 - 17 stone) so no complaints - the staff moved me to try and get me near to the free wifi but in truth it was still a bit flakey so I ended up using BT open zone

Would I recommend / stay again? Sure if its a nice and tidy cheap and cheerful hotel you want give it a go

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank sdcsmith2000
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Very pleased.

Don't stay at Blades if you are looking for 4* accommodation. There is no swimming pool, and there is no reception desk staffed 24 hours a day. And, the rooms are small. Remember, you can book a 4* hotel and have the luxuries, for a mere 100 pounds more per night than you would pay for a room at Blades. Well, maybe 150 pounds more.

But, the breakfast at Blades was fine, there is decent wireless free for all guests, the location is excellent, everything is clean, and the staff is friendly and helpful. And I don't see that any other (recent) reviewer has mentioned the lovely and comfortable conservatory room, where my family and I spent an hour or so each afternoon.

Thank you, Mary!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Crito0
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel is quite basic, as you would expect from a 3*, but our room was clean and nice and quiet with no traffic noise. The continental breakfast was again basic but good, and the location of the hotel was great - a ten-minute walk to Victoria train station, right next to Pimlico underground, and with very good bus routes close by. The staff were also friendly and helpful. Would stay there again!

Room Tip: We had a family room at the back of the hotel, and there was no traffic noise. Also there didn't...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends