“Average to Good”

Ranked #152 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Philadelphia
“Average to Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed in this hotel a few days ago. The price was relatively cheap and the location was excellent. Rooms were clean and quiet. The biggest annoyance was early check-in: I called the night before and asked if it would be possible and got an answer to the effect of "probably, but for various reasons we can't guarantee it." When I got there the staff person couldn't have cared less--didn't inquire with housekeeping and just made us wait.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Katy G, General Manager at Premier Inn London Leicester Square Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay. Here at Premier Inn London Leicester Square we strive to deliver an outstanding service to each and every guest. I apologise, that on this occasion you feel we did not meet our usually high standards.

Our check out time is 12pm and our recommended check in time is 2pm onwards, however we have a high number of guests who request an early check in. If this is possible we will gladly accommodate our guests in a room available. Unfortunately, if we checked all our guests who arrive early into the first rooms ready this would mean there would not be enough rooms ready to accommodate the rest of our guests who come to check in at the recommended time.

If you could contact me at operationsmanager.londonleicestersquare@premierinn.com with details of your booking to enable me to investigate further what happened on the day of your arrival.

Kindest Regards,

Katy Green
Operations Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
brigg north lincs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

stayed 15th -17th march 2013- alittle hard to find at first with the works going on at the ruby blue club right next door, but no bother from the club you can hear some music but it didnt bother us,we took our 2 children age 7 n 5 and they loved it, staff was very friendly and helpful let us check in early due to husband been disabled. Food/breakfast was lovely a good choice for all and we could order omlettes/boiled/poached eggs along with the other breakfast. rooms were really warm with no windows to open and the air con didnt really do anything apart from heat the room rather than cool :( shower/bathroom doesnt have any sort of fan to let out steam so can only stop in shower for 5 mins before room steamed out, but it wasnt any problem just a clear review of the room.Afew people had bother with lifts but we did not, found the whole stay a pleasure and would def go back x

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I first stayed at this hotel in December 2012 with a friend and and I stayed here again 13th-15th March 2013as a birthday treat and as a single traveller. Both experiences were excellent. Check in was a breeze (after 2pm) and the staff were very helpful. It was my birthday during the stay and I was given a bottle of Bucks Fizz for my room. The staff are all very attentive and seemed to be going out of their way to make my stay as enjoyable as possible.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough...for its location and the lovely staff. I expected a single bed but got a double AND a single bed in my room so I could choose which to sleep in! The all you can eat breakfast was good as always and set me up for a day of sightseeing. The hotel is very close to Leicester Sqr tube station and is within walking distance of Covent Garden, Regent Street and Oxford Street ( Shopaholics heaven) and its not too far to walk to Trafalgar Square and The Embankment.

I thoroughly enjoyed my 2 nights and I will definitely use this hotel again. SPECIAL THANKS TO IAN, JASON, CALVIN AND OLIVER for looking after me and going the extra mile with the bottle of plonk ( plus a young lady whose name escapes me.... she was serving at breakfast in her pyjamas for Comic Relief day!) I will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rebecca M
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights from 5 - 7 March. While the location was great, there was no drop off point and had to lugged my luggages for a distance before reaching the hotel. I managed to sleep ok on the first night but not the other 2 nights as the "pounding" from the club below is rather disturbing. I called to register my complaint on the last night and there was no option for changing room as the hotel was fully booked. I mentioned my experience when I checked out and the staff was happy to process a refund for one of the night. True to a Premier Inn good night sleep guarantee!

There was no place to put your toiletries in the bathroom and you have to put them on the floor which is really inconvenient. Though the wifi charge of £3 pounds per 24hrs is fairly reasonable, there is a cap on number of devices you can connect, can only connect 2 out of the 3 devices I had. :( The check in kiosk could been more intuitive and easier to use so that the staff can help guest with other requests instead of guiding guest how to use the kiosk. Took a while to check in and the wifi have to be processed separately by a staff which lengthen the check in time.
The information kiosk was better in the design and easy to use.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a good night sleep! I stayed on level 4 and could still hear the pounding...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Serene536
Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Premier Inn again lived up to it's usual reputation providing the basic essentials and a clean comfortable room for a couple of nights. Evening meals and breakfast within the hotel was excellent. Location a little too central for me personally, can be a little noisy on the lower levels. Automatic Check-in didn't work but staff resolved this quickly. Free WiFi service is a bit slow and unreliable, far better service just using 3G mobile.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rsmck
Edinburgh, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Myself and my wife stayed her for 2 nights whilst on a short city break.
The position of the Hotel is perfect, just off Leicester Square and handy for the West End Theatres and shops. The tube station is a 3 minute walk away.
The check in time of 1400 is strictly enforced so don't even think of trying to check in early! Despite that, the check in was very smooth and the staff were very polite and helpful.
The room was clean and reasonably sized for a budget hotel.
The breakfast was very good with a good choice of pastries etc for the continental breakfast. The cooked breakfast is served buffet style and was of good quality. My only complaint was that the food could of been hotter.
Overall an excellent budget Hotel not exactly the Ritz but good value for money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pontius321
Gibraltar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

With Premier Inn, you know what you get! Excellent location - very central, lots of places to eat nearby. Although room is basic, it was very clean, included tea / coffee facilities. No noise from nightclub observed, I was on 6th floor.

Although they have automatic check-in, staff member on hand to help.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business