“Top notch location”

Ranked #152 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Bussum, The Netherlands
“Top notch location”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotels reviews the 4-stars but just. The thing is that in any other city it would impossible to sell these rooms for €200,-+. They look a bit like the rooms in the German roadside hotels. However, in London, the price is justified due to the extreme high prices of hotels.

That said, the rooms are clean and the beds are really good. Also, the rooms are very quiet. Most important selling point for the hotel however is it's location. You cannot get it any better. Sure, the entrance is in a dark streek between Leicester Square and Chinatown, but you are near everything. Very good indeed.

Downsides? The reception is on floor 2. This means you need the elevator to get outside. With 2 elevators, the waiting times are long. The restaurant looks really Ikea like, no charm whatsoever. My wake-up call was 25 minutes late (!) which really sucks.

But, for this price on this location, you can't get it any better I guess.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights to celebrate new year in London 30 Dec-2 Jan, 2 adults and 2 kids 5&7 yrs. We had a family room which I feel was an adequate size considering we were out most of the time, only gripe is not being able to see out of the window.
The location is excellent right in the heart of Leicester square, we managed to walk to most of the sights we wanted to see even with 2 young children, the atmosphere in this location is buzzing. There is a nightclub next door but I did not hear this at all from our room or any noise from outside even in the early hours of New Year's Day when it was still extremely busy outside!
We paid for breakfast and it was lovely, buffet style and of good quality and kept well stocked. Bar prices are quite expensive as you would expect. Staff are all friendly and welcoming.
One thing to mention is that when you book premier inn do not debit your card, I didn't realise this and neither did a few other people checking in at the same time, luckily we had enough money to cover the payment but being confronted with an unexpected bill at the start of our trip was a shock!
I was awoken in the early hours of our last day thinking someone was trying to break into our room but this turned out to be the very noisy air con which my husband had turned on without me knowing, I did mention this when checking out but got the impression they thought it was yet another guest trying it on with the good night sleep guarantee!!
I would recommend this hotel if you want a central London location, it is clean and comfortable and I would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012
YORK , UK
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We spent three nights in a family room . We were 2 adults and 2 teens. We were concerned,before the trip, that we would be struggling for room with all of us together but we need not have worried. The overall standard of this Premeir Inn is outstanding , including the housekeeping and breakfast .The location is ideal, we could walk to all the sights we were interested in. Covent Garden is close by , also Regent street and Carnaby street for shopping. The staff are friendly and professional. We were very impressed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Location, Location, Location!
It was very quite in my room. Breakfast is good!
They have automatic registration booths - it helps to avoid staying in line at check-in.
carpet in the room was wet with cleaning liquid (soap) but it's ok if you wear flippers.
Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
UK
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have stayed in several premier inns now and felt let down.
I read many reviews before staying here about the room size, but I was still shocked with this. Room isn't small, its microscopic. One person max. When booking I requested a room with a bath and was told I would have one, otherwise I would have stayed elsewhere, but my room only had a shower. I tried to move room and was told only family rooms have baths and these were all full.
I seriously recommend that on arrival you request a iron and ironing board instantly in the hope they still have one. It seems very old fashioned these days not having a iron and board in the rooms already.
The location of the hotel is excellent.
The windows in the rooms are sealed and you rely on the aircon and vents for ventilation. The toilet also has one vent that blows air, there was no vent to suck air. So any smell in the tiny tiny toilet can only go into the tiny bedroom also with no where for the smells to go.
The area is very noisy at night, but I stayed on a Monday night and the clubs and pubs seemed to stop around at midnight so it didn't disturb my sleep. However I would say that later in the week and weekends would be noisy.
My poor rating is because of noise from other rooms. I was woken at 5:30am by the room on one side having a early shower, obviously an early starter. The rooms are so small, that your head is on the same wall as the next rooms toilet/shower. I was then disturbed just before 6:30 by the person above getting up.
I cant rate hotels highly however good they are if you cant sleep. This is by far the most expensive premier inn I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Go as high as possible and try to get a bath
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sprocket1066
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Leicester Square Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please could you email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com so we can investigate further. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Portishead, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Newly opened typically Premier Inn, very efficient and polite staff, clean and functional rooms, good tv, quite expensive?
The location is fantastic, pretty much walkable to anywhere, obviously within the realms of sense, however, perfect for theatres, Regent street, Knightsbridge, Big Ben, etc, etc. still unsure about the price though................

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Smilingalways
Canterbury
Reviewed February 19, 2013

By carefully choosing when you stay and using the Premier Inn Price Calendar you can get this great hotel at a bargain price. We didn't even have to use pay in advance and got a fully flexible room for £107 for the night.

This has to be one of the prime locations in London for Premier Inn to secure a site. You walk out and you are right in the heart of Leicester Square, TheatreLand, Piccadilly Circus etc.

There is a nice bar and dining area, though as we were only staying for one night we chose to eat out all the time.

The room was up to the usual Premier Inn standards, but ours was noticeably smaller than most Premier Inn rooms and the bed appeared slightly smaller but still larger than a double. The room was on the 7th floor and at the front, but there was no noise from outside at all. It was like an attic room with a sloping wall at the front and a small window which was locked for safety reasons. So it was difficult to get too much of a view. If I stay again I would make a request not to be in Room 711 or anything similar. Also there was nowhere to hang clothes and no hangers which is unusual for Premier Inn - but as it was only for one night and we were hardly in the room except overnight - it was not really an issue. Anyone staying for a few nights would probably want to request a change of room.

Room Tip: Don't choose 711
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple