“Bedbugs pics. Please dont stay here never!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Alexander Hotel London
Ranked #1,022 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Bedbugs pics. Please dont stay here never!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

I want to share with you some pics of my neck and bedbugs that I found in this terrible and disgusting place, next time really I will sleep in the street.
This dump needs to be closed !!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Moonlight T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Hungarian first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

Stayed for just one night and believe me I was relieved I had not planned to stay longer. Only stayed here last minute as every other hotel we looked at was fully booked. Cost was £70 for a double room which is pretty reasonable for Victoria. After staying there cant imagine they would be able to charge anymore. It really is disgusting, cant really understand why it has not been closed down, i am sure it must have hygene and health and safety issues!!! I believe breakfast was included in the price but after seeing the room there is no way I would eat there, can not imagine what the state of the kitchen it like. Room was foul, dirty, dusty, probably bed bugs, the thing that made my stomach turn was the foul rusty toilet brush holder next to toilet, not that they probably used it much!!! If you plan to stay here good luck, but personally would probably rather sleep on the pavement outside!!

Room Tip: Best tip is go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Isobel77

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 2 days and I really stayed in hell! The front of the hotel looks convincing as soon as you get to the tiny reception your heart start pumping fast! The place smells damp everywhere, the ceilings are falling apart, broken door locks, broken toilet door locks, very old carpet that looks 40 years old. Abandoned furnitures, dust, bedbugs, 1970 tv with no remote, no kettle or phone in the room. My friend was told he should have brought in an iron as they do not provide one. No lift, you will have to climb the Himalayas in this hotel, once you get to the top, there in oxygen, a good place for horror movies! How on earth can the British government allow this place to trade? The owner is negligent! Please avoid this hotel from hell!

• Stayed January 2011
5 Thank Speaker2011
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

The pictures on the website look lovely. Must have been taken from another hotel. From the minute we walked in there was a big crack in the front door. The receptionist was nice but could just about understand us. We had to ask for toilet paper although we got there at 6pm, obvious not very well set up. Our room, number 2, next to reception. As soon as we opened the door the carpets were thread bare. The "en suite" was the smallest room, if you tried to turnaround you'd get stuck. There was a massive crack in the sink, which was in the room!!! not the bathroom. The carpets were filthy, curtains hanging off, lamp shade from teh 80's dirt still attached. There was a massive spiderweb with dust attached, easily 5 years ols. There were marks on the wall which I can only descibe as "poo". I'm pretty sure something bit me in bed as I have a lovely bug red mark. And the view, well a prison would have looked nicer, with broken glass and barbed wire to look at. Nice. The food was OK but the dining room small and damp running all down the walls. The toilet decided not to flush, although we could hear water running outside, leaking down the wall instead. We went to take a shower to find the lack of cold water meant only one thing, boiling hot water. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a flea or shabby dog. It needs knocking down or condemning. Disguisting

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
6 Thank Dippydai
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

I just wanted to post a review about this horrible hotel. It was such a bad experience.

Good points:
* Close to Victoria Station which makes easy your traveling across London and England

Bad points:
* Soooo old rooms
* Fire traces and not useful toilet in my friend's room
* Fleas and bedbugs in the triple room beside the reception, as a well as a ridiculously small bathroom where you are not able to bend 'cuz you don't fit in the tight walls
* No way to contact the staff after 11pm
* Dirty facilities
* More EXPENSIVE compared to the prices with the neighbour hotels £75 in double room and £100 in the triple room. The prices in neighbour hotels are £50 in double room and £75 in triple room, with breakfast included.
* Tatooed cook girl whom serves food and attends reception while the receptionist is not available!
* Not satellital tv as offered in the website
* Not Wi-Fi available as offered in the website
* Slim walls, you are able to hear EVERYTHING in your neighbours rooms, disgusting!

Well, I don't recommend this nasty hotel at all and advice you to search in neighbour hotels as easyhotel or Belgrave Hotel (both of them in front of the Alexander, with much better facilities and CHEAPER rate ), or Stanley Hotel (2 doors away) for similar facilities but clean and with light.

Me and a friend of mine made a tour door to door through the area hotels 'cuz it is not possible to be at Alexander. It's more than you can stand! Horrible! At the end we moved to the Stanley hotel since Belgrave Hotel and EasyHotel were totally booked. Ahh, close to the Alexander you can also find a Best Western hotel!

Make sure you won't stay in this nasty hotel, the hotel info is 13 Belgrave Road - Victoria - London - SW1V 1RB - England Tel: +44 (0)20 7834 9738 - Fax: +44 (0)20 7630 9630 ad the website is http://www.alexanderhotel.co.uk/

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank EmanuelMEXCY
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

Not a great experience. As soon as possible, I had to move. Run by
young girls from out of the country--with no recourse when there were
problems. I did finally manage to get a refund, but that didn't compensate
for moving from room to room and the bug problem!! Also, the fan and t.v.
in one room didn't work, and contrary to what their really wonderful site
implied, there was no internet available.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Wenatchee, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2009

I stayed at this hotel in 1996 and 1997. I do not believe they have vacuumed since. The sink was cracked. The toilet seat did not fit properly. The carpet was heavily stained, damaged,and filthy. Do not take the single room. It was a claustrophic closet with a leaky sink. I did not eat the breakfast fearing the potential hygiene in the kitchen might be the same as the room care. Staff is friendly. Management is indifferent. I was planning to stay there two nights on my return to London. I told them I would not return due to the condition of the place and wanted my deposit back. That was almost 3 weeks notice. They refused but I was able to get VISA to refund part of it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo