“Always a friend of Flavours”

Friends of Flavours
Ranked #947 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Friends of Flavours is the result of a long lasting passion for fresh and tasty food. We specialize in the delicious highlights of food and wine from all across Italy. Our restaurant has an excellent reputation for serving authentic Italian food, appreciated by people who love everything about Italian cuisine. Our experienced Italian chefs create every day a unique dining experience for you and your friends.
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is a good place. It used to be in Clockhouse, and unfortunately (for me), moved to Penge. On Friday and Saturday night they have their best chef working. Good family run Italian. I wouldn't say they are always consistent, but mostly very good.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This place is very surprising. Definitely the most authentic and well made Italian food I've tried in the UK. Such a surprise for Penge.

Make sure you give it a try.

1  Thank hugekebab
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were fans of 'Flavours', Michele's previous restaurant, and followed him - along with most of his old cliental - along to his new restaurant. The only drawback is it's too small - so book before turning up!

This is where to come for the best Italian food in south London. It's all good, but I'd highly recommend the seafood, sea-bass and anything from the specials list. The desserts are wonderful and a bargain at £3.95. They're also huge, so I'm usually happiest sharing one. Sadly my husband prefers a whole one to himself. To give you an idea just how good this restaurant is my uncle and aunt happily drive down from west London (not short of a few world class restaurants itself) for the pleasure of eating here.

This is the perfect place for a family celebration and our children have always been made to feel welcome (there is one highchair if you need one). Actually this is the perfect place for any occasion... we don't need much of an excuse to come.

So why, oh why do so many people go to the chain restaurants taking over Beckenham High Street when they have a restaurant like this on their doorstep?

1  Thank Jibbyb29
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We live a stone's throw from here and have never been. Tonight we popped in to collect a take away. The staff were exceptionally welcoming and gave us a free bruschetta whilst we were waiting. Waitress was friendly and chatty and the food was quick, it was absolutely delicious!

We have already decided to take my in laws next Sunday and we can't wait!!! Lucky I can pop over at any time, living so close

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Had a fantastic meal with family on Saturday evening. The food is so authenic if you closed your eyes you could believe you were in Naples not Penge! The restaurant is on the small side but thats the charm although they are submitting plans to add a conservatory to the rear. We were introduced to this gem by friends and have fallen in love with everything about it. The only thing that stops me going every week is the size of the large portions and the their delicious desserts! If you love Italy i cant recommend Friends of Flavours enough!

1  Thank Airedal3