“Popular noisy Indian restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Carom - CLOSED

Carom
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Carom in Soho is currently closed. However we have popped up down butlers Wharf as Spice Garden. Book Carom's delicious flavours by the Thames now via Butlers Wharf Chop House - Spice Garden.
“Popular noisy Indian restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I ate alone here on Friday evening. The service was very good and food was served really fast even though the place was almost full. Chicken and squid starters were really good. This is not really a place for romance, but rather a place to go with your friends.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sintti1

London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best authentic Indian food !!! :P”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Celebrated my hubby's birthday here. Must say the food is 'DELICIOUS' (my mouth is still watering remembering the taste of the yummy food I had here ). 'AWESOME' ambiance and well located. The starters, main course & dessert was simply amazing and each gets better and better ! Very friendly staff & EXCELLENT service. As I mentioned, I was there to celebrate my hubby's birthday, I requested for a cake and they arranged for one which was absolutely beautiful & yummy. We were pleasantly surprised !!! This is a MUST GO restaurant !!!!

1 Thank Anshu C
Cincinnati
“Maybe because it was a busy Friday night...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

...the staff was overwhelmed. The food as good, but not as good as other Indian food you can find many places in London, the service was slow and sketchy (I know it was a Friday, but so did Carom, and they could have staffed accordingly), but the most distinguishing feature was the noise level. It was literally so loud you could not have a conversation, which made the slow service even more pronounced in its negative impact. Not sure what they can do about it, but if you're looking for a quiet meal, stay away from Carom at peak times.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank steveumr
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely banging!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

As I was just in the process of reminiscing about my delicious meal I consumed last night; I felt there was no time like the present to write a ‘glowing’ review.

I am not normally a person to comment/review so that alone should tell you something!!
The food was TASTY, AMAZING and hot, the doorman, waiters and staff were all lovely and helpful with explaining the difference between the dishes.

The restaurant had a lovely atmosphere, dim lighting with black and red décor and a good buzz of conversation around.

If you are looking for somewhere to go in central London, I would definitely suggest you check out Carom on 100 Wardour St.

2 Thank Tyn85
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

My Mum and i met for a catch up in the Gin Garden and had 2 of the nicest gin cocktails I have ever had.

We then ate in the restaurant, which was vibrantly decorated and bustling with people. The waiters were attentive and friendly and the food was AMAZING! I had the Keralan fish curry, which was beautiful and the black dahl was perfectly rich and creamy.

Have recommended to everyone and am considering organising the works Christmas party there.

Must try, excellent value for money.