“Solid B&B Choice in Belgravia”
Review of B&B Belgravia

B&B Belgravia
Ranked #105 of 555 London B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Solid B&B Choice in Belgravia”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

A very pleasant B&B experience. Good breakfast, modern room, good lounge area with free 24/7 refreshments and internet access, good location, helpful staff. I can also understand that it will not suit all the people all the time, i.e if it is hot there is no air conditioning, if you are on an upper floor there is no lift, and there are signs that some refurbishment should be carried out before too long.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Malcolm15

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Finnish first
Newtown Square, PA
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This hotel is highly recommended on Tripadvisor and by Rick Steves and I was very excited to stay there. Unfortunately, it does not live up to its billing. The carpet throughout the hotel is dirty and heavily strained, frayed and ripped in spots. The room where I stayed (#17 on the top floor) hascarpeting that was equally stained and dirty. The tiles in the bathroom floor are covered with mold, as are the tiles near the spigots. My friend and I were there for four days, and housekeeping did little but empty the trash, and make the beds. The carpet was never vacuumed, and the water stains on the bathroom mirror (which were there when we arrived) were still there four days later. There was one plastic drinking glass in the bathroom, that was never changed. (One glass--in a room with twin beds.) Perhaps the worst part of all occured the first morning, after my morning shower. I was completely wet, and when I shook out the towel, found that it was covered with black soil marks. When I later took the towel to the housekeeping staff and showed it to them, I (mistakenly) assumed that they would be upset. Not at all--the lethargic response that I received was that there is a problem with their towel supplier, and they often get dirty towels instead of clean ones. The staff is supposed to check the towels before they put them in the room, but forgot this time. That response was complete with a shoulder shrug.
So, if you want to stay in a dirty, over priced B&B, this is the place to go. I do not plan on returning next time I am in London. There are several B&Bs on Ebury Street which are far superior in value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank NewtownSqGal
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I found it quite funny that the B + B is totally run by Polish staff but they run it just like an English B + B including a wonderful breakfast, cooked to order. Nothing is too much trouble here, it really is heartening to stay somewhere where the service is as good as this ( it costs nothing and makes everyone feel great!). The price is fair - don't expect ritzy furnishings, it's Ikea all the way, including the beds - but it's a great choice to feel looked after in a strange city and so near all the attractions if you want to walk. If you want transport, it's all a block away.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I reserved my single room several months ago based on Trip Advisor reviews. The room rate was 99 GBP including all VAT and tax.
a. I notified them in advance of an early arrival time but they were unable to accommodate me.
b. My email confirmation was for a room in Studios B and B Belgravia, but I was told that was a mistake and my room was in the building at 66 Ebury.
c. When I was given my room I was assigned to a small room on the top floor. I am fit and can manage stairs, but they are very narrow steps and presented something of a challenge when handling luggage. There were quite a few stairs.
d. Breakfast was promptly available and offered quite a wide range of choices including a full English cooked breakfast. Coffee, tea and Walkers shortbread cookies are available at all times. I learned during my stay bottled water was also available on request.
e. The room was very small and quite hot although the weather was fairly chilly. I kept the window open during my stay and think it would have been quite uncomfortable otherwise. Bear this in mind for summer bookings.
f. The bed was comfortable and the bath had a full tub and shower.
g. Noise from other rooms was clearly audible.
h. There is a small computer available in the lobby and the building is WIFI.

Room Tip: If you have any reluctance to climb stairs with luggage ask for a low floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank cmcfong
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I travelled from Canada to visit some of the London sites during our 8 day stay at the B&B Belgravia - Studio 82. The coninental breakfast provided was nutritious and plentiful. We discovered Marks & Spencer Food Only at Victoria Station which was a daily stop for us. We had a fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle and TV. We were well supplied. We have recommended B&B to our friends. It was a good base from which to explore London armed with Oyster Cards.

Room Tip: We had room 20. Ground floor facing Ebury Street. It was a quiet location.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Littleton, CO
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Excellent location! We really enjoyed the excellent breakfast, the lounge area, and the GREAT coffee/tea machine, which was available 24/7. There is free WiFi, and the computer was easily accessible.
The room was a good size, with a double bed, plenty of walking space, and a chair. We did have to take three flights of stairs to our room, but larger rooms are available on the ground floor. The downside to the room was that it wasn't as clean as I'd expect--dirty bedspread and stains on the carpet. Plus, there weren't enough shelves or storage anywhere--only one hook in the bathroom, and a few shelves in the bedroom. We would have reused our towels, but there wasn't anywhere to hang dry them. There were cheap pull shades on the windows and nothing on the walls. I know all this may sound picky, but I felt like a few updates would really make this place an excellent B+B. The staff was nice enough, but not overly friendly and weren't as helpful with transporation and tourist information as they could have been.

Room Tip: Request Room 1 or 5 if you have children.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank 51KDA
Memphis
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My wife and I were recently fortunate enough to stay at B&B Belgravia. Great facility, great location, and even better value. The staff is courteous and attentive, and the breakfast they prepared each morning of our staff was some of the best food we had while in London. The B&B (which is really more of a boutique hotel) is located only a few blocks from Victoria Underground/Bus station, and it is within walking distance of Buckingham Palace and numerous other locations of interest. The only thing we would have done differently with our stay is book a room on a lower floor. Walking up four narrow flights of stairs to get to our room was a little tiring, but I probably needed the exercise. Overall, a great experience, and we were extremely pleased with the value. Hightly recommended B&B in the heart of one of London's best neighborhoods.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a lower floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple