B+B Belgravia
$279
$231
Pullman
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$175
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
$160
$131
  • Bar/Lounge
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$96
$75
$150
$125
$459
$444
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvictoria stationebury streettop floorbuckingham palaceyogurtcoffee machinequiet streetgatwick expresssloane squareno elevatorfree bottled waterstudio roomcontinental breakfasteach morninglocation is excellentthree nightsnice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2011

The previous comment summarizes my feeling about this b&b: amazing location next to the Victoria station, in a charming and quiet street. Rooms are nice, not huge but still quite large by London standards. The bathroom is the best part, modern and including a decent size bathtub, but the mattress in my room was horrible. At the end of the week my back was ruined. Overall, the b&b is clean but the lack of maintenance is obvious: broken light bulbs in the common areas, dirty carpets/windows and even a bit of lime scale deposit on the shower tap. Nothing shocking because the hotel is still rather new, but I'm not sure I would come back in a couple of years if they continue to let things fall apart.
The breakfast is bland, and the service very unpleasant. I usually don't pay too much attention to service in hotels, but this time it struck me. It seems that serving breakfast was to much to ask them, and they spent a lot of time standing together at a corner of the kitchen, observing the customers to a point that I felt uncomfortable.
That being said, it's still a decent value for money in London, especially in this area.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nordavind
Reviewed May 3, 2011

My partner and I recently stayed in this B&B for three nights. We paid 129 £ per night which might be "affordable" for London, but the price you pay is not justified for what you get. The first impression was that this B&B is clean, but it lacks some personal touch. Don't expect a warm welcome as this place is run by young foreigners who give the impression they just do the minimum that is expected from them and wouldn't go beyond.

Our room No. 8 was on the second floor facing the street. We couldn't complain about any noise. The bathroom was spacious enough and even had a bath tub. The room was always ready when we came back from breakfast, but the bed wasn't done, just two fresh towels on top and that's it. Breakfast - what a disappointment! They advertise on their website a "superb selection of locally baked pastries, fruit, cereals and yoghurts" which are "organic produce where possible" and "ingredients are carefully selected for quality". Here is what you really get: the juice comes straight from the carton, the water in small plastic bottles. Tiny, wrapped portions of butter, cheese, jam, ketchup and other sauces for your English breakfast which are difficult to open. Hardly organic and anything but environmental-friendly. The pastries didn't look fresh and I doubt they came from any bakery nearby (we noticed a lot of plastic wrapping in the kitchen). Nothing was labelled "organic".

You can't beat the location though. Set in a quiet street in a pretty and clean neighbourhood and within 5 - 10 mins walking from Victoria station. Cute little shops and cafés around. I would probably consider other accommodations in this area next time. I HIGHLY recommend the Malaysian restaurant "Awana", also within walking distance.

Note: although luggage is kept close to reception area, nobody keeps an eye on it. We walked in to pick up our luggage and nobody seemed to care what we took with us.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank UrbanMoose
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I stayed at the studios@82 a few doors down from the B+B Belgravia and while I have to agree with some of the other reviewers who say that the rooms at this facility could use a good cleaning and a bit of touching up, and I also didn't appreciate the housekeeping staff waking me up repeatedly (I definitely am not usually up and out the door at 8:00 a.m. when I am on vacation), those are very minor complaints, and the good definitely outweighed the bad.

First, the location cannot be beat. B+B Belgravia is located on a very quiet residential street with Victoria Station literally five minutes around the corner, coffee shops, restaurants, a WONDERFUL chocolate shop, chic boutiques, theaters, pubs and the coach station all within a ten minute walk. I traveled to London alone and as a single woman had no problem walking around the area alone and always felt safe in my room.

Also, the staff is very friendly and helpful and Aldona, the receptionist who was on duty when I arrived, had no problem with me leaving my luggage until my room was ready and offered information about a nice restaurant to have breakfast.

There was fruit juice, fruit, water, croissants, bread, cheese, jams, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, yogurt and tea provided every day, although I was a little disappointed because I was under the impression that there would be more of a food preparation area. There is no "kitchen" (I stayed in Room 27), only a microwave and a mini refrigerator but of course there are MANY great restaurants to choose from.

Overall, I really did like this facility, and as I told the receptionist at checkout, if possible I won't stay anywhere but the B+B Belgravia if I visit London again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank DEEDEETNJ1
Reviewed March 9, 2011

We stayed in the Studio@82, just a few doors after the B&B. The room was very cozy and comfortable. The staff always make sure that the breakfast was always ready for us. The location is perfect - very near of Victoria Station, where you can pretty much go anywhere. The staff was also very friendly, offering the services of the B&B, such as the computer, and given us tips of the tube and other things.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Great stay but let down at the end when I was shocked to hear they would not take my payment because it was Scottish bank notes- seemingly this is company policy and if it is it's a pretty poor policy!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business