“Euro Tour”

Apex Temple Court Hotel
Ranked #58 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Brilliant decision to pay a little extra for an excellent stay in Central London. The hotel is ideally located in Fleet St, but the quality of fit out surprised us on arrival. Whilst relatively new, the quality of fittings was above expectation. Will definitely recommend to family and friends, and hope to return son.

1  Thank Rebels17

Reviewed June 11, 2013

What a lovely hotel. Very clean, excellent food, staff ALL exceptional. I dont really want to recommend Temple Court, I want to keep it my secret, so that I can always get in when I want a jolly.We are already looking to return soon.

1  Thank Angie D
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Everything was absolutely wonderful. Staff very friendly, rooms very clean and modern.
We stayed in a balcony room. My only slight problem was that we liked the hotel so much that we tried to book on another date. The hotel policy is that they do not guarantee a room with a balcony. Perhaps they should include this facility even if there was a surcharge.

1  Thank Darren C
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Ideal location for a stay after an evening in theatre land. It is close enough to be convenient, but is in a quiet tucked away position to allow a peaceful night. The courtyard is a pleasant place for a relaxing drink and the bar for a late evening night cap. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to St Pauls and 15 minute walk to Covent Garden. The Thames is few minutes away and the riverboats from Blackfriars are a good way to reach the sights of Westminster. An excellent well furnished and well run hotel.

Room Tip: Lovely and clean, comfortable and quiet.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel already gets amazing reviews and I am now just going to add to the list. I stayed here for 6 nights in early June. We were visiting with family as a get-a-way from regular life. I selected this hotel because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor. Actually, I became concerned because there were SO MANY good reviews that I thought there was someone just out there writing reviews. But, I now need to agree with every positive comment. Apex Temple Court is a superior hotel.
From a booking standpoint the hotel responded quickly with emails and/or telephone calls. We arrived late in the evening to find that our request for a high floor room with a balcony (#526) had been held for us. It had been a long flight to get here and we were grateful that there was food available until late in the bar area. Our room was amazing. The balcony overlooked the London Eye, Big Ben and Parliament. I had requested a balcony because the windows do not open in other rooms and I need the air. That said, for at least two nights while we were there we did not open the balcony windows. We also had friends who stayed in the rooms with no open windows and had no complaints. Our room was Deluxe and, although expensive, was worth it. We had a separate sitting area and lots of flat spaces for luggage and other miscellaneous stuff. There was a shower and a bath which were spacious and well laid out – very inviting. I did not inquire if we could have added a child or other person to our room but it was large enough if you wanted to do that. The Concierge and front desk and door staff were amazing. They get really high marks for information on transportation and restaurants.
Hotel location is in the business district so stores were not always open on Sat and Sun but this was no problem as the Strand and other areas are very close even walking but definitely by bus.
A recommendation to the hotel is to advise housekeeping to keep an eye on paper goods, towels and toiletries for people staying multiple nights. We needed to ask for more tissues and towels. Housekeeping was terrific but we shouldn’t have had to ask – not worth marking down in ratings, just an observation.

Room Tip: If you can swing it go for a balcony room with a view. We had #526 which was amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2013

First of all, it was pretty hard to find, at first. But it is located in a pleasant courtyard off of Fleet St. and Temple lane. The hotel is very modern and the accomodations are exquisite. The staff is very professional and ready to fullfil all your needs. Their restuarant, Chambers, was a suprise and we dined their twice. Our server was awesome and the food was both inspiring and a beauty to behold. The wine list is very simple but offers a good variety at great price range.
The area is a wonderful quiet place which we found within easy distance to all major attractions and close to two underground station. We had a wonderful time spent there.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We arrived on the morning of May 31 from another hotel, but since we were early, we dropped off our bags and spent the rest of the day exploring central London. We had planned this trip to London to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary.
This first exposure to the front desk staff was cool, as in not warm.
We got back after 9:00, tired from our long day to check in.
Paulo would handle our arrival.
I accidentally tapped the back of my hand on the glass wall at the far end of the front desk and while explaining the details of our room, Paulo stops in mid sentence and warns me : "Don't hit the glass." I stumbled out an apology, embarrassed. My wife noticed my discomfort. Paulo continues: "That glass is VERY expensive." I quickly forgot the great experiences my wife and I had that day and just wanted to get to our room. Paulo continues the check-in process, we get our keys and head off to the elevators.
After settling into our room, I wanted to go for a short walk outside to clear my head. As i walked through the lobby, I spoke to the female staff at the desk (Paolo was out) about what had happened earlier. One was the night manager and both were very sympathetic. I appreciated their concern.
The room was truly excellent. We looked forward to coming back to our room every night. The bathroom large and well stocked, the King bed accommodating and the Sharp Smart TV great. The sofa placed directly in front of the Tv was a little too close for comfortable viewing, but we managed. Wi-Fi was very fast.
The next day was again spent walking around the city and we got back rather late to our room. We found, to find to our astonishment, a chilled bottle of Champagne, a box of chocolates and a plate of fruit, along with a letter of apology regarding my front desk experience and congratulations for our wedding anniversary from Don Choi-Reception manager.
Overall, we loved the room-very luxurious.
My first contact with the front desk staff, and therefore the representation of your entire hotel chain, was unfortunately not great. During the duration of my stay, that 1st night experience somewhat tainted my view of the hotel and to a minor degree, the rest of our trip to London.
At the end of our stay, I asked my wife to check out for us, and to the hotel's credit, she was treated very well indeed.
Overall, we would take a chance and stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple