“WHAT A FIND !”

Apex Temple Court Hotel
Ranked #64 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I were visiting the Royal Albert hall, and needed to stay overnight in London.
After trawling through nearby hotels I luckily came across The Apex Temple Hotel. It was a few stops on the district or circle line via Temple underground station, and I did wonder should I have booked nearer, but it was one of the best decisions I have made when staying in London.
It was a really great hotel, brand new, clean, and with superb staff, who were friendly and helpful and who made our stay really special. Our room had a superb view over the rooftops to The Thames. The area around the hotel is safe and quiet, with some nice pubs to visit on route back to the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in London its location and the hotel is superb.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wisteria56
Write a ReviewReviews (3,687)

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We booked in for a conference and were really impressed. The rooms were lovely, staff very helpful and the location excellent. Only gripe was no full length mirror. Access to the executive lounge was really welcome and was very helpful on our last day. Thanks guys, a top place to stay.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank perthtravellor
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Having used Apex Hotels both in Edinburgh @ London over many years, my wife and I recently took the opportunity to spend a weekend break at the newly opened Temple Court. As with other units, service was first class and the quality of our room was excellent. Our continental breakfast had a wide selection and set us up for the day. Having arrived early on the Friday, we were allowed to check in and did notice there was quite a bit of noise coming from a construction site next door. We mentioned this to reception and were advised that this would cease at 5pm and not be continued over the weekend. Alas that was not the case and the drilling commenced again before breakfast on the Saturday. Not sure if double glazing in the room would have helped as it was quite noisy. This was the only negative on what was on the whole a very good stay and we will certainly return to the hotel which has an excellent location (hopefully works next door will be finished by then !)

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alex S
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Apex Temple Court is a relatively new hotel and it ticks just about every box in my view.

Rooms
Standard room was large, airy, nicely decorated, some great touches such as a towel rail you can control yourself, lots of desk space, iPod dock, separate bath and shower, oversized pillows (need to ask where they get these!), a fridge with room for your own stuff and that cools it properly. Also extremely clean - big tick for this. Get the rid of the scatter cushions and I will want to live here! Due to a small issue, I was very kindly moved on my second night to another room which was palatial. All I can say is I had the best night’s sleep in a London hotel I’ve ever had - I am a very light sleeper and was stunned to wake up without having been woken up as it were.

I had two meals on room service – both were delicious and surprisingly reasonably priced for room service. Also a drink in the bar was very pleasant.

I had one small problem while I was here and it was sorted out with great charm by the magnificent Dori on reception. Also incredibly helpful were Shay who managed to create some flexibility on checkout time (thanks, I met my deadline!), and one of the porters whose name I didn’t catch. I spoke briefly to the Manager Karl too, who I guess sets the tone and high standards. This is the kind of thing that really makes a hotel stand out for me.

As a seasoned traveller I know what the pitfalls of hotels, especially London ones, can be, and this avoids them all. As far as I’m concerned it has started off on the right track and the any tiny teething problems are being easily resolved. In my book it earns every single one of its four stars and I hope it’s a great success! Definitely going back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
13  Thank Member100
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Overall this new hotel has a lovely atmosphere, very clean and professional.
Breakfast was rather disappointing , a rather tepid choice on the buffet, but slightly over wrought a la carte.

Luxury would be an stretch. Simply a good high quality room - a bit small but...

Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Cdneurotravel
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I really must say that this is one of the most friendly and helpfull hotels I have stayed at throughout my European travels.The staff were great the price was good and the location was walking distance from the tube and directly in front of the bust stop. STAY HERE!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank chris and liz f
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel is tucked away on Fleet Street and immediately on walking in, it feels clean, crisp and modern. The carpet still smells new on the walk to the room. We got upgraded to a suite which was a great room as a weekend base. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room had all the things you could want, hairdryer, ironing board, sewing kit etc. Elemis products in the bathroom (loved the shower gel). Excellent black out blinds and v quiet. Breakfast was delicious. Staff were extremely polite and helpful. Would definitely recommend it here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple