The Vaudeville Theatre

Reviewed July 4, 2019
Marion M
Nyon District, Switzerland
Groan Up

This comedy was in the same vein as The Play That Went Wrong and The Bank Robbery That Went Wrong... read more

Reviewed today

from $58.09
from $89.08
from $83.91
More Info
All reviews oscar wilde dress circle ideal husband west end excellent seats grand circle stage set charing cross box office front row leicester square importance play comedy strand cast stalls
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2019 via mobile

The tickets to see the Worst Witch were great value at £20. The theatre is smaller than others but had a lovely friendly atmosphere. We could see the entire stage from the back row of the dress circle (with help from some binoculars for £1). Special mention should go to Dan who was working on the door of the dress circle. He was incredibly helpful when we told him our 8 year old couldn’t see past the man in front of her. He went searching for a booster seat which solved the problem nicely . He was fantastic with all the children around us including one with additional needs.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 23, 2019

No complaints about this cosy theatre but the play 'The worst witch' I took my daughter to see was terrible. Having seen lots of fantastic west end shows this play felt amateur and very low budget. My daughter who usually loves the theatre asked to leave at the interval which we did and I've never walked out on a production before.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed July 4, 2019

Good little theatre with comfortable seats and good visibility of the stage. We saw stand up comedy and acoustics were also good.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed May 29, 2019

The show was phenomenal. You must see this! It left me buzzing in so many ways. The direction and effervescent staging, simultaneously playful and serious, charismatic performances from the ENTIRE cast, music and sound design pitched perfectly, hair & makeup!, efficient set design which allowed the show to shine. I would not consider myself a feminist by any means but I feel the fire! I sat second row from the front (cheap seats - seat A2) and it was amazing. And can I just say... I have never felt so attracted to women! Go watch, they close soon.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed March 22, 2019

I was eager to see the new production of "Emilia" newly transferred from The Globe. It's an amazingly imaginative, creative and rousing production by an all female cast - reminded me a lot of "Sylvia" at the Old Vic last year, in style and modernity. The acting, costumes, musicians and humour are all exceptional, it's truly inspiring as so many of the teen-aged patrons were enthusing about, many in tears, as we left the theatre.

The theatre is on The Strand so is in the heart of Theatre Land. It's quite small and intimate which is really lovely and I was in a perfect seat {second row Stalls A11 -
Az is the front row, A the second row - which was front and centre and just ideal for me}.There's plenty of legroom and the seats are wide and comfortable.

All the staff I encountered were smiley and lovely especially, as enthusiastic as I was about the play.The cloakroom is tucked next to the box office is free which was a surprise, it also serves as a bar.

Ladies Stall toilets were plentiful, modern and clean, I didn't have to wait either before the show or during the interval which is unusual. It has two areas for hand washing, but sadly no mirror though which I always think is necessary in all facilities.

I have to say the whole experience at The Vaudeville was an exceptional one, I highly recommend both the production of Emilia and the venue itself.

I choose to come via Charing Cross Station {Northern & Bakerloo line Tube as well as over ground trains line station} which is a 3 minute walk away though I would also use Embankment {Circle & District Line} for a stroll up the cobbles of Villiers Street as often Police horses that patrol the area and they're gorgeous to see.This would also take just a 3-5 minute walk to get to The Vaudeville Theatre.

Date of experience: March 2019