“Great fish and chips!”
Review of Seawise

Seawise
Reserve with OpenTable
Seawise is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Run by James and Lucy Belton, continuing the family's 30+ years tradition of providing quality English Seafood food to the locale, you will be welcomed to your dining experience with us in simple, homely English style. Centred in the heart of Camden Stables, Seawise brings you the best of English Seafood cuisine to add to the international flavour of the food courts. From the best fish and chips dinner in Camden through to oysters, mussels and lavish hot and cold large seafood platters, there is something for all tastes and budgets. Keep an eye on the specials for amazing dishes. With fresh seafood delivered daily (all lobsters and oysters are delivered live from Billingsgate Fish Market) and prepared for each order, you are guaranteed one of the tastiest and delicious offerings available anywhere in North London. Its enough to make your mouth water! The setting is comfortable too, right opposite Seawise is the listed Horse Hospital, formerly used to care for horses injured pulling canal barges is now the location of club Proud Camden. Next time you are in the area, or fancy going somewhere for a seafood treat, come down and let us serve you some of our delicious dishes soon in our very casual and cosy eaterie! J & L
Houston, TX
“Great fish and chips!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Visiting London, as soon as I arrived I wanted some authentic fish and chips. Bit of an odd location, but I thought I'd try it based on previous reviews, and I am very glad I did. They were the best fish and chips I've ever had. The batter on the fish was thick and crunchy and not at all greasy. The owner and waitress were friendly and personable. A great way to start my visit.

Leeds
“Delicious food! Very fresh!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went there for lunch with a friend after reading the excellent reviews. I have to say we were slightly skeptical about the "hype" but decided to give it a shot anyway. I'm uber glad we went, it was one of the best places for fresh and yummy seafood! Even better than some places in Borough market! We started off with a deep fried seafood platter with choices of tempura king prawns, breaded king prawns, breaded crab claws and whitebaits. We then had paprika calamari, grilled razor clams and salt and pepper squid (special of the day). The foods looked and smelled so good they were gone before we remembered we had forgotten take pictures of them! Kudos to James who was both chef and waiter.

Sliema, Malta
“Nice eating experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nowadays before going abroad I do some research on restaurants in the area, city I will be visiting. Seawise was one of the restaurants I have chosen to visit whilst I was in London. The food which we ate was fresh and great. We had oysters, prawns, sole, sea bream. We also had some good wine. The decor of the restaurant is quite rough, and kind of simple, it has that look of a hut but it was ok. I would definitely revisit.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Fishy & Fantastic Mark 2...”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We visited Seawise again last month and once again were extremely impressed by the really friendly service (this time James and his lovely Mum-in-Law) and the freshness and quality of the seafood we ate - Crab Salad, King Prawns in Garlic, fresh Oysters and freshly cooked Lobster.

This is a small restaurant which you could well miss if you were passing by in the bustling Camden Market but please do take the time to check it out!

My Mum and I live in a seaside town ourselves but take time to come up to Seawise especially because we enjoyed our seafood experience so much the very first time. We will be back soon (I hope!)...

• Visited April 2013
“Wow - amazing seafood!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Went here on Friday 17th May for my anniversary with my boyfriend and could not have been happier with the food. I had the Thai noodle prawn soup and the salt and pepper calamari with chips and salad, washed down with a lovely bottle of white pinot grigio wine! I could not believe how tasty and lovely the food was for such amazing prices! The service was spot on - and the chef cooked all the food to order. A great night not only because of our anniversary but because of how amazing the food was! Thank you Seawise!

• Visited May 2013

Been to Seawise? Share your experiences!