“A pint after work”
Review of Horse & Groom

Horse & Groom
Ranked #13,672 of 28,464 Restaurants in London
Reviewed July 11, 2019

Over the last few months I have started to use this pub at lunchtime on my way home from work. All has been well until the past couple of days which have been a real disappointment and let down. Music so loud now it feels as if you are in a night club and worst of all Flat Cider! I have been a Licensee and Chef for over 35 years so I think I know what I am talking about. I was told by a very pleasant young lady that there is new management now. Heaven help if the manager happens to be the 'Gormless looking' young man behind the bar the past few days in the same Tatty T Shirt every day. Such a shame as I will now have to seek out a new local.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (42)

Reviewed June 28, 2019

We stopped in on the first day of our visite and met very nice people that we became friends with over the 2 weeks there. Little hit or miss on bartenders being friendly but always got served in a timely manner. The beer was very good and the food was good. We ended up spending every night in the pub for 2 weeks..

Date of visit: June 2019
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Horse & Groom, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2019

Hi, thanks for the positive review! We hope you enjoyed your holiday and hope to see you next time you're in the UK!

Reviewed June 5, 2019

Popped into the Horse & Groom for lunch - so glad I did. Obviously have a new Chef as the Sunday Roast (beef) was to die for. The Chef served the food himself and what a lovely guy he is. Have eaten in here a few times food been good but this Sunday was 100% improvement please keep hold of your new chef.
Also have to mention the young girl behind the bar (new) what a breath of fresh air - chatty smiley happy in her job.
Please keep up the good work .

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

Came in for dinner on my own
Was served by a nice girl called Dionni who was really funny
Had a mixed grill which was delicious
So much food for only £13

Will come back with my friends to play a bit of pool on the new table they’ve just put in

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

Unbelievable bad service from member of staff and people from the bar! Never experienced such a bad customer attention from a member of staff anywhere else. No children area at all everybody seems to annoying about children. The ladies behind the bar were rude as a rock! No recommended unless you’re a single pensioner

Date of visit: March 2019