“Tasty, well presented food”

DSTRKT Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #7,675 of 23,593 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Central European
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Our Pan-Asian restaurant and bar is set on an attractive split-level surrounding, offering a wide range of dishes in addition to various cocktails for every mood. ​ Our Head Chefs have crafted a menu of stunning delights and delicacies sure to impress whilst our Mixologists have created an extensive cocktail list with a vast selection of spirits including Pisco's and Japanese whiskies. Featuring it's own DJ, we open for pre-threatre dining and continue throughout the evening, delivering a vibrant atmosphere. Yoshiaki delivers a vibrant atmosphere that will definitely exceed your wild expectations Whether for a romantic evening out, or to celebrate a special occasion it will definitely exceed your expectations.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went with my 14 year old daughter, who is a vegetarian. We ate from the main menu rather than the fixed price taster menu, choosing 3 vegetarian dishes to share and lamb chops for me. I have never had such tasty vegetarian food in my life, it was just gorgeous - the lamb was also delicious and well presented. The only criticism I had of the evening was that though the waiter was attentive and friendly when we first arrived, as it started to get busy, he abandoned us and we were never even asked whether we wanted coffee or desserts. I paid and we left but not even a 'thank you' or 'good night' from the staff. Still, the food is of excellent quality and I didn't think the price was too over the top for a trendy restaurant in this part of the world

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Let me explain my title. And let me advise where else you can go. You can also see by my other reviews that i'm not a grumpy so and so, i've rated places 4-5* numerous times. We had the £40 for 12 courses menu. You will end up paying £60-£90 per head dependent upon how much you drink but since mineral water is £5 a bottle, you'll get there and beyond easily. Now if you get outstanding food, dishes you'll remember forever then you're willing to pay this. But the food was terrible. I read all the reviews on tripadvisor and all excited to go, I can only come to the conclusion that some may not have frequented places with better food! Really it was terrible! 12 courses of food that was just well, you can make in your home. Nothing of substance. slices of ham, breaded olives. raw lamb chops, tasteless seabass, standard ice cream for dessert?? The club wasn't so great either. The music was good but this is a very pretentious club. There's no dancefloor, you would have to dance in the restaurant part to get room. It is basically tables everywhere and people competing ordering bottles to show off (wherby the music changes when they do so). A Jagerbomb would set you back £13 plus 12.5% service charge! That is just stupidity if you want to pay that. Now if you want to enjoy finer establishments then great, there are hundreds in London. For the same price can I suggest if you want outstanding food, visit l'atelier by joel robuchon, a 2 star michelin restaurant for the same price or less. And if you want great food with a great club go to Gilgamesh in Camden.

2  Thank didthedo
Reviewed February 16, 2013

12 dishes for £40 and each dish just got better and better. Amazing atmosphere and incredible value. The staff could not have been more attentive and went out if their way to ensure you had an enjoyable night. Each dish is beautifully presented, the portion size is perfect, they were designed for 2 to share. It has a very trendy atmosphere with great music which may not be to everyone's taste but if you like to be in the place to be seen then this is for you.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

A modern restaurant and bar (plus a nightclub if you are inclined). My wife and I ate here using the bookatable 10 courses for £40 including a free cocktail. I have to say that whilst some of the food was a little unusual for my tastes, it was excellent. So many dishes with such a range of flavours!

A nice touch was the chef coming out to ask what we thought of the meal and what our favourites were.

Our booking was early in the evening so it lacked a little atmosphere / vibe but that is not a complaint.

Highly recommended experience.

1  Thank Steve295
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had the 9 courses for £20 offer through Toptable, which worked out to be pretty decent value.

There really are 9 courses, albeit none of them especially large, but you get a good variety of dishes. My girlfriend doesn't eat fish, so we asked to switch a couple of fish dishes for meat, and the staff were more than happy to oblige.

The music is a little loud and uptempo, which we felt made the whole experience feel a little rushed, but we couldn't fault the food and the service was good.

Would recommend, but probably more for groups than romantic occasions.