“Great place great food!”

Novikov Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Novikov Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #766 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Description: The main entrance off Berkeley Street leads into the Asian Restaurant. Here cool granite walls complement the striking lacquered ebony bar-counter decorated with a jade stone. Materials used in this area - wood, stone and leather - are all natural. A real feature of the Asian Restaurant is its open kitchen. Fronted by an amazing display of seafood and vegetables, it evokes the atmosphere of an Asian food market. Sourcing the highest quality, utilising skillful innovation and preparation from Japan and China to preserve the essence of our product. The Italian Restaurant has a modern but elegant feel, complete with an imposing wood-fired oven, suede wall panelling, handmade Moroccan tiles, mirrors in solid oak frames and chandeliers with candles. Complex, state-of-the-art lighting systems can change the atmosphere from sunrise to sunset, from season to season. The Lounge Bar is a must-visit destination, with an extensive cocktail menu, live music and performances by some of the world’s top DJs.
London, United Kingdom
“Great place great food!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This restaurant is a unique experience! The food is delicious and fresh, the place is fun. It is open from Monday to Sunday and you can go for lunch, dinner and drinks; and this is great as everybody knows that in London there are very few places serve food after midnight and Novikov does. The service is awesome, the waitresses are always running to give you the best service. I love this place! In the Italian and Asian Novikov restaurants you can get lovely fresh sea food and fish ...you can look and choose what you want just by looking what you see in the little market in each restaurant... ! When it comes to quality I would say that Novikov is one of the best in town!
I really recommend!

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“A new leaf...”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have decided to turn over a new leaf and start writing reviews. I'm afraid, not always but for the last few years, I have taken advantage of reading reviews for restaurants, hotels, airline lounges, etc without writing any myself. There is no excuse so I shall begin with my favourite restaurant of the moment - Novikov.

So here goes...

First of all, I have rated it as excellent, not because it is without fault, but because of how happy I feel when I go there and how satisfied I feel when I leave.

If you want perfect food and excellent service, go to 11 Madison Park in New York. If you want cheaper Italian with equally good ingredients, go to Italy. If you're in London and want good, fresh food with good, warm service and an excellent ambience, then go to Novikov.

I have been to Novikov many times with family, friends and business associates. I've even been with my mother! She didn't have anything to complain about, which is something! It's also very welcoming to children and babies. The atmosphere is great and I am always made to feel at home. The room itself is spacious, beautifully decorated and clean. Ok, clean is very important to me, so hang in there. I cannot go to places that I feel aren't clean, or where the waiters lean over to serve you and smell, or where I think the kitchen is unhygienic.

The service is very good and the management extremely good. The hostesses can seem a bit aloof but they're ok when you speak to them. Here's the thing - I happen to like the fact that all the waiters, I think pretty much all the staff apart from the hostesses, are Italian. I like the fact that they speak to each other in Italian. The service is not perfect but what they lack in silver service, they make up for by being...well, Italian. By which I mean they have heart and humour and passion.

I don't drink much so I'll start with the booze. The bellinis are lovely, cocktails are very good (as they are in the lounge) and they have some good wines. We had a Sardinian cannonau last week - I hardly ever drink wine but had a taste and it was very good.

So to the food. Very fresh ingredients, a lot of Italian produce, tiny different coloured beetroot from cornwall, microgreens from a specialist grower, excellent burrata and cured Meats from Italy, etc. I know all this because I love food and I ask!

Last Friday, we started with the usual bread basket, olives, the best fried prawns ever, sweet melon with an excellent prosciutto, marinated grilled vegetables, mozzarella sitting on an aubergine thing and vitello tonnato (veal fillet with tuna sauce which sounds weird but is a very tasty Piedmontese speciality). We then had sea bass (very fresh but under salted), a mushroom risotto (very good and fattening) and Italian baby goat (very well cooked but too salty). Apparently, the goats eat the Sardinian grass that gets salty from the sea (nice try, guys!).

Dessert was their delicious meringue cake, fruit platter and sorbet followed by espresso.

The week before we ordered from the lunch set menu. We had 4 courses for £31 but they also do 2 courses for £23 and 3 courses for £26. The food on the set menus is the same quality as the a la carte. We were very, very full up afterwards! Dishes included baby beet and goat cheese salad, vegetarian lasagne (very good and very filling), taglioni, porchetta and lamb shank. Almost forgot, the best and biggest basket of zucchini fritti, some good Italian style roast potatoes and spinach.

You could just as easily order one dish (they are also accustomed to skinny people who don't eat much!). Service of 12.5% is added to the bill.

They are always helpful with food allergies, likes, dislikes, etc and because of the nature of Italian cuisine and the ingredients used, there are lots of vegetarian and vegan options. Also very easy to eat here for those unfortunates on diets like the Dukan (veal chop, tagliata, steak).

The loos are clean with cotton napkins, candles, soap, hand lotion and there's a disabled WC with baby changing facilities.

Phew...no wonder I stopped writing reviews!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank 316EV
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great Experience”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I just moved to London from Toronto canada,and i went to Novikov in the Italian restaurant
not only it is magnificently decorated but the food and the service was superb i was s a little late around 10.30and surprised that the kitchen is open late.Then decided to go downstairs in the lounge for a drink great room with couches everywhere wonderful crowd and fantastic music
in all i had great time

• Visited September 2013
London
“Amazing atmosphere”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The atmosphere at Novikov is great. I go with my girlfriends and just don't understand why we always laugh so much and have good fun. The staff are wonderful and know just what we want. The food has always been good and service is great. Feel a nice warmth and comfort in this restaurant. Always leave on a high...................Angela E.

• Visited October 2013
Milano
“Very good”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Italian section, and was amazed by the quality of food and efficiency of service.
It was a very good experience, which I highly recommend.

Visited November 2013