“Every street in Soho”

Discovering London by Peter Berthoud
Ranked #98 of 710 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: I specialise in offering personalised private walking tours in London. My tours are informative, fun, flexible & inclusive. Whether you are a first time visitor, or a London local, I can help you see and learn more about our great city. I offer tours for individuals, couples and families of any length based on your interests. I also design bespoke tours for corporate and education clients. I am a fully qualified and insured City of Westminster Guide. New for 2016 I also offer tours of the beautiful and historic County Town of Hertford, just 49 minutes from London by rail.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Our day took us into every nook and cranny of Soho, with lots of fascinating stops and surprises on the way, including meeting some Soho celebrities. Peter is everything you could possibly want from a walking guide - knowledgeable, curious, good humoured, sociable, inclusive and great fun.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
There are newer reviews for Discovering London by Peter Berthoud

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The tree of us booked Peter for a private guided tour starting up in Covent Garden station with Soho as prime atraction. What this man does't know about Soho is not worth knowing!
The weather were perfect and Peter showed us places we would never be able to find ourselves, and with a story for each place.
The trip was very flexible with beer and winestop when wanted:-)
We'll recommend Peter for everyone who is interested in Londonhistory in an higher level with a twist of British humor:-)
We'll be back!
Best regards from Inga-Maj, Ruth and Svein.

Ps David Bowie exhibition was very ............. everything, and the entrance vere smooth.

3  Thank Sv1B
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Peter was brilliant, very personable and his knowledge was absolutely amazing. Initially I thought a two hour tour for 7 noses would be a bit extensive however he packed in lots of other information about street artists pieces of work and any other areas that were enquired about along the way and the two hours just flew by. I've always loved Soho, but now I love it even more because of this tour and am seriously considering doing the full out 8 hour, 10 mile walk through the whole place so I can learn even more. Fully recommended!

1  Thank NickOsborn
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I went on the Seven Noses tour which was excellent and thoroughly enjoyable. Peter has a nice style, not like a typical tour when one gets herded around. Now I have the urge to go on some of his other tours

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I am currently a jewellery and silversmithing student at the John Cass department of design - I am completing a project inspired by the tale of the seven noses of Soho. I had originally found four noses by myself and used this in a presentation within my coursework. I am now in my last term and in the process of creating jewellery with hidden messages that interact with the city streets of East London and Hackney, I needed a pick-me-up in ideas to keep me going in my last term of my degree so I booked tickets for the seven noses tour, seeing as this was my original source of inspiration. I was not sure what to expect however, I had a brilliant afternoon! Peter is a very down to earth guide. I really loved his laid back and natural way of conversing about the mass amount of information he some how manages to hold within his head!!! Peter's not too formal approach to the tour was very engaging and it was very nice to be able to have converse with the guide and easily have conversations about the information being told to us. The afternoon bought back a real sense of adventure - the feelings i first found on discovering my first noses. The stories, strange facts and unknown places that Peter revealed helped me to gain a very different, exciting perspective on central london. This has inspired me to continue on my quest to produce mysterious and adventure-led pieces of jewellery based on the city environment! Thank you to peter for a wonderful afternoon!

1  Thank Sorca1991