“Wish I hadn't...”

The Bratwurst
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Not all sausages are created equal, and ours are the best of the best. Our Bratwurst Sausages are made from a secret recipe developed through the ages and handed down to our award winning butcher.
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I've passed The Bratwurst a few times so today I bit the bullet and went in.

It wasn't good.

I was the only person in there at 12:15 (so no atmosphere and 2 very bored servers) and the food was terrible. Luke-warm sausage, lumpy, poorly seasoned and dry mash and the sauerkraut tasted and looked like it had been cooked the previous day and re-heated.

I certainly won't be going back - Really tasteless food and has actually left me feeling a bit sick.

For a few quid more, go to the AMAZING Bodeans on the next corner (corner of D'Arblay Street and Poland Street)

Reviewed April 11, 2012

So it's 30 minutes before closing and they couldn't provide their usual fare. No problem.
Having to negotiate mushroom sauce when all I was "allowed" as a substitute was the curry flavour? Bit of a problem.
Getting a sauce with no mushrooms evident and a bitter curry flavour ( and looking nor tasting like my co-diners mushroom sauce) ? More problem!
Finally having the waitress tell me bluntly I was wrong and it WAS mushroom? Too many problems!
Don't waste your cash or time with this place. Terrible food and unhelpful service.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Found this on my tastecard.had currywurst at winter wonderland last year didnt know they had a bratwurst restaurant in london.loved it.would recommend to anyone.you can chose from 4 or 5 types of sausage with choice of sauces.great little place

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Stopped by here as I had 90 minutes to kill between meetings in Soho. It's a nice little diner - a bit retro with a modern twist. It reminded me of Ed's Diner when they had outlets all over London.

I didn't order a bratwurst but chose a frikadelle instead. Couldn't quite get my head round it. Is it a burger? Well, it looked like one. Anyway, fair play, it tasted great with a dab of mustard. Would I go back? Yeah, if you like sausages and meat patties it's a quality joint. Vegans beware though.