“Good Pub Grub”

Three Tuns
Ranked #353 of 22,516 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Marylebone
Description: This was a pub that was just around the corner from the Radisson Sussex Hotel which I also did a review on.
Texas
“Good Pub Grub”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Lunch during a conference. Great beer choice. Excellent salmon cakes. Even better eggs, ham & chips!! Couple with a pint of London Pride...blooming marvellous. If it had been gammon instead of ham it would have been perfect but as it was, it was pretty good.

• Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
“Good food slow service”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Classical English food - got exactly what we expected. They forgot our onion rings and we had to wait for 20 minutes before we were able to catch any waitress to rectify. Other than that, the atmosphere is great.

• Visited June 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Three Tuns, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Malmerud,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Three Tuns in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Taylor Walker
Lafayette, Indiana
“Just what I wanted. A coyote & cheese sandwich.”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I were told by our concierge that we should visit this place which was close to our hotel, the Thistle Marble Arch. We had asked for "the best fish and chips in London". I'm not sure if it was a fish, or a mammal, or a reptiile or bird on our plates. Fried bats perhaps? Last week's batter and last month's oil made for a greasy little pile of over-fried guess-that-animal that completely soaked a napkin in grease when laid on it for several minutes. We also tried the salmon, which was average to good. Our waiter left in mid meal with no explanation and was replaced by a waitress. All the waitstaff was standing around talking to and flirting with each other, while trying to avoid eye contact or notice big arm-waving gestures from the guests. The following day, we had dinner at the hotel instead, which was about 10 notches above Three Tuns. Won't be back to Tuns. Would go back to the Thistle.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Baxterart
New York City, New York
“Nice and authentic”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My family and I had dinner there by a recommendation from the hotel concierge. The atmosphere is nice and the staff is friendly. The food is good, nothing special. I had the fish and chips, which was a huge portion, my husband had the burger, and he liked it very much, and my father in law had the chicken skewers, a healthier choice. They also have a great variety of ales and beers. I'm happy that we experienced dinner in an authentic London pub. Make sure you get there before the kitchen closes at 10pm.

• Visited May 2013
Bayside, New York
“OK, but Nothing Special”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had dinner here on our first day in London. My fish and chips were ok but a bit over cooked. My husband said the steak was tough and grisly. However, the staff were lovely and polite.

• Visited May 2013