“Not an Ibis standard” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Styles London Leyton

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ibis Styles London Leyton
Ranked #551 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Prague, Czech Republic
“Not an Ibis standard”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is a budget hotel but Ibis should stick to certain minimum (basic but comfortable, clean and tidy). The room was very old (crack on the sink, smelly toilet etc) and filthy (painting coming off, dirty carpet), we got a baby bed which had missing sticks - very dangerous-. The double bed, which was tiny for 2 people, was unbearable - the mattress springs were hurting us. First morning we asked for a change (mattress or room) - which we were promised, but by the time we came back in the evening the other receptionist had no idea - and said, "Go up and check it guys yourselves" As we had a small tired baby with us, we could not go again downstairs argue and possibly start moving late in the evening. Break fast was low standard, very little choice, advertised as healthy but no fresh fruit or veggies, pastry was reheated from previous day. Would not go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank borbalas
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis Styles London Leyton, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

REGARDS
MICHAEL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Mosta, Malta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Was tight in budget so I opted for a hotel outside zones 1 and 2. I though Ibis would be a good compromise and at the end of the day it was. Adequately clean enough and kept tidy everyday with towel replenishing as should. Breakfast is very good point with good choice and abundant. Staff was great and very helpful when needed.

What I did not like was the following:
- I though location was not that bad however it takes at least 45mins to reach city center at best. Fortunately there is a bus stop just 30m on the right of the hotel where bus num. 48 takes you to Walthamstow central where you can catch the Victoria line (using the tube) which takes you directly to city center. However again, you need to plan for at least 45mins of travelling which is probably too much in my opinion.
- Numerous doors are present in the hallway one of which was very close to our room waking up during the night due to people passing. This door had no soft closing. To make things worse, the fire alarm triggered for just a second during our stay which waked us up. Thus sleeping wasn't the best thing here (luckily though room was on the side thus cars passing on the main road was not that loud).
- Wifi signal was present in our room however service was not working. I have stayed there for almost 1 week and thus I would pretend that they fixed this after a couple of days which they did not. Luckily they had a shared PC on the lobby with internet access.

All in all it was a good descent stay but next time I would seriously consider staying in a better location.

Room Tip: I would make it a point that I will only accept a room in the main block. There is an additional bui...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, September 26, 2013

Kind regards,

WILLIAM
Ely, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Little bit of a jaunt to get to from the centre, Wandsworth Central and bus number 48 is probably the best bet, there's a bus stop just to the right of the hotel entrance. An all day travel card for zones 1-3 (hotel is in zone 3) cost us around £8 and includes the bus/tube and the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) we found it excellent value for getting around.
Only stayed one night at this hotel, personally not keen on the 'Styles' decor, unfortunately we had a room on the main road and subsequently suffered a little from the road noise, didn't bother me too much but then I do make a point of taking foam earplugs whereever I go for occasions such as this.
Not terribly keen on the mattress having a plastic cover either, I find they don't make for a comfortable nights sleep.
Couldn't find a remote for the air conditioning, don't know if there was one, temp of room was ok anyway so we didn't worry too much about it.
No complaints about the staff, all were friendly enough and helpful.
Breakfast was continental and wasn't bad at all to be fair, plenty of choice and plenty there, you can upgrade to a full English for an extra fiver but we didn't feel the need.
All in all I've stayed in worse places but only the lack of reasonably priced alternatives would have me back here.

Room Tip: If you're staying in the main block (there's also a large annexe block over the road) make s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, September 18, 2013

REGARDS
JUNAID
Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a pleasant stay in this hotel, though I must say it is quite far from the city centre and not really comfortable for a city trip or sightseeing. The breakfast was satisfying and quite good, the stuff was polite and helpful. A good value, but still NOT the first choice if you want to spend just a few days in London because of it's location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, September 15, 2013

Regards
William
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Never ever do not take this hotel! 7 nights and we had 4 rooms. Firstly the carpet was out of the floor. Second the air condition did not work as it should, then the light started to blink thirdly there was no hot water in the room. The fourth one was much better than the others but we had it only for showers before leaving. The rooms are really small. The staff mostly kind but some of them really unkind. The WIFI did not work in all rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank elviira50
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly.

Kind regards
WILLIAM

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

The breakfast was terrible. My room was spider invested. You would expect a hotel to have great wifi but every day I went to the front desk to get a wifi code (which I shouldn't have to do) and the wifi was bad. The lift or elevator was so small and if your lucky enough to get a room next to the lift you would hear it all night. So overall it's a no go for me.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Hyltonboy
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, August 27, 2013

Regards