“Do not stay here! VERY NOISEY! Especially on the fourth floor - room 411.”

Ibis Styles London Leyton
Ranked #559 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Do not stay here! VERY NOISEY! Especially on the fourth floor - room 411.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have to say that I have been lucky enough to stay in quite a few places. I will normally give a singing review and I joined trip advisor to do so! BUT, this is probably the worst place I have stayed...ever.

I was surprised/impressed that they have free parking and WiFi.....but soon realised that these where the only perks. The breakfast was standard and there is no restaurant/room service.

The reception has obviously been recently redecorated and is modern, however, the over whelming smell of sour body odour when I came in to the hotel put me off somewhat and if I wasn't staying here for work and location convenience I would have walked back out again.

When checking in I was told that my room had a sloping ceiling and was that OK? I hesitated and he said "Its that or you have to go across the road" so I said yes, as I just wanted to get in to bed after a long day and the prostitues on the other side of the road put me off some what. I had two big bags with me, my hand bag and laptop and they watched me struggle to the lift. First impressions were not good.

The room (411) is right next to the lift and every time someone uses it I can hear the voice announcing the floor, the mechanism of the lift and the person leaving. The sound proofing is awful as this must have once been one bigger room. I heard EVERYTHING that my neighbours where doing last night (and twice this morning) as well them using the loo in the bathroom. You can also hear every word of the conversation coming from the corridor.

The room was obviously never meant to be a bedroom (especially a double) but they have done it anyway. There is no place for the bed properly to go. On the left side the ceiling is so low that you have to bend to get in and on the right there is a rather lethal tripping hazard (I have now tripped on twice!!) so to combat this, and get to the loo in the night in one piece, I moved my bed on the diagonal so I could get pass the hazard and only got in on the right!!

The bathroom was OK, no frills.

I do have to mention that there was one nice girl who was helpful with directions, so I would like to say thank you to her. Thank you!

It is a VERY noisey hotel, I have stayed in better hostel. I would not recommend this place, my company paid £178 for two nights which is WAY to much!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay near the lift or on the fourth floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank chalkierosie
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
IThank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis Styles London Leyton, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence and I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter.

Regards
William

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Overall good value for money. General presentation of facilities could be improved, especially when part of he Breakfast Room ceiling collapsed over food, even though a tray had been placed over the leaking ceiling area the previous day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly.

Cornwall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Hotel was perfect, staff friendly, room lovely. We only stayed for one night to attend an exhibition but the hotel was just perfect. Free gated parking was a bonus too with lots of free spaces, we didn't check in until 4pm and there was still lots of empty spaces. The bus stop is right outside the hotel and you can be in the centre of London in 30 minutes. I must say the price is brilliant with free wifi and breakfast included. We would definitely stay again. Thank you

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the iBIS STYLES LONDON LEYTON. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Pros:
Good price
Willing and nice personal
Coins
Old bathroom
Fire alarm during night
Not good area
2 buildings

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for your comments, we can assure you that the matter is being looked into and will be dealt with accordingly.

Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

The staff was always friendly and helpful (Thank you to Ewelina, eventhough through stressing
situation she always had a smile and a helpful hand.
The room was neat and clean and lovely equiped, breakfast was good as well. This time I had my english toast - was delicious!
I can really reccomend all of you to stay in this hotel in London.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your very kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

bridgnorth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel whilst on business in London for two weeks. The fire alarm activarted one evening and the staff took no notice. The Fire Alarm panel was showing fault for my two week stay. A fire extinguisher was on the floor in the coridor as the bracket was broken. The building over the road from the reception had a large amount of old pallets stored against it in breach of current fire legislation. I raised all these issues in my feedback form and have recieved no responseys lip service with regard to Fire Safety so stay at your peril. I feel that the Hotel only pat

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business