“Good Value For A Budget Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Styles London Leyton

Ibis Styles London Leyton
Ranked #546 of 1,089 Hotels in London
North Hertfordshire
“Good Value For A Budget Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

A friend & I need a cheap place to stay for our visit to the Paralympic Games, so we chose to stay at The Ibis Styles London Leyton.

The hotel is situated about a fifteen minute walk away from Leyton Midland Road Railway Station but you can order a taxi from the station.

On arrival at the hotel, the reception staff were very friendly & informed us of facilities available to us, including free wifi & a free direct line to a local taxi firm.

After being given our key card we went up to our room. We had booked a twin but was given a double room. We returned to the reception to explain the problem, the staff were very apologetic & offered us a different room, this time in an annex across the road. The only problem with this is, if you wanted to to go down to breakfast or the bar, you have to go back to main building, this means crossing the busy Lea Bridge road.

The room was basic, but had everything you might need for a short stay, including, tea/coffee facilities, a hair dryer, flat screen TV & a iron/ironing board.
One thing I will advise people of, is that you will need to to use your key card to turn the lights on. All you have to do is place the card into the slot at the back of the light switch, press the switch & hey presto you have light.

The bathroom was clean, with a bath/shower, wash basin, toilet & bidet.
There wasn't any hand towels but there was some large bath sheets. There was also liquid soap & shower gel dispensers on the wall.
My only quarm about the bathroom, was the shower itself. I found I had to remove the shower attachment from the holder to use it, because the bracket on the holder was too loose and kept moving at an angle towards my feet.

The continental buffet breakfast that was included in the price of the room was pretty good.
There was an array of cereals, fruit, yoghurt, toast, croissants, pain au chocolat, danish pastries, cheeses, ham, fruit juices, & tea/coffee. For an extra £5 you could have an English breakfast instead.

All in all, for the £79 we paid for the night, I thought it was good value for money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Guest

Michael William

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had one night in the hotel, and whilst the staff were friendly and efficient the rooms were desperately in need of an update. Ceiling tiles were loose and crumbling, doors were tacky to the touch, overall the room was grim and dated. Bold colours were used everywhere but they didn't make you feel that the the place had any zest, it was just tired and past the end of its useful life. I guess if you are looking for a value for money place to rest your bones after a gruelling day go ahead, if its a romantic hideaway.....probably best to look elsewhere. Ibis really do need to take the place back to basics, spend some cash and give the staff something to work with. Beds were comfy, but the road noise doesn't help a restful night.

Room Tip: Park your car in the car park and sleep there.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ibis Styles London Leyton, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We are doing the reberfisment for all our bedrooms changing the new design.At Ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

William

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Clacton-on-Sea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

The room was huge and clean, very big beds, lovely breakfast, no problems at all. Really enjoyed my stay. Did not like moving from one building to another for breakfast, but overall it was a value for money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Ibis styles london leyton. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Armagh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Rooms very basic, but sure what more would you want. Found it handy that KFC was next door for lunch! We were there for a wedding and found everything very central. Some good wee pubs about! Walked for ages around the neighbourhood, and found its very "Eastenders".

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brigid D
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, August 25, 2012

Derby, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Positive points first, very good value at £45.00 with breakfast which was adequate. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and there was free wi-fi and parking. So in value terms very good for London.
Negatives, not a particularly nice neighbourhood and quite a distance from a tube station. The rooms needed a good deep clean, stains on the bedroom and bathroom walls, with no plug in the sink. The control for the airconditioning needed a £10 deposit and then did not seem to work anyway. There was an electric fan in the room was helped.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

At Ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.The nearest tube station is
walthamstow central station 15 min walk or 5 min by bus.But We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back Ibis Styles London Leyton and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

william
Taunton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here Monday evening. My expectations were not high given the price we paid - £59. We just wanted a clean and comfortable room. It was ok but on a very hot night the room could do with air conditioning that works or at least a window that opens properly. Breakfast was not a good experience. Too many people and not a proper queuing system. I thought it offered a poor choice of food and could not believe they did not have orange juice which I love in the morning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me on 02085568080 to discuss this further.

Regards,

Cambridgeshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Where do I start. We arrived at the Ibis Styles on 17th August 2012, the staff was not very friendly, I booked in & was then advised that our room was across the road. My husband's key card did not work. There was 1 bottle of water when there were two of us on a hot and humid day & I pack (3) of biscuits!! The bathroom had an awful smell and there were moulds around the bath and cracks in the bathroom floor tiles. 1 pillow each was on the bed. The good thing about being across the road was the secured gated car park. It was noisy and there were people talking outside of our window late at nights.The breakfast was awful & we had paid £5 for an English breakfast which I couldn't finish even tho the portion was extremely small. We stayed in room 131. Never again!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Janice M
asll, Manager at Ibis Styles London Leyton, responded to this review, August 20, 2012

At Ibis Styles, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence and will offer you 50%
discount for your next stay at our hotel,please call me before you book a room.
Once again soory for the inconvineance.

william