“Didn't even bother to tell us they're closed!”
Review of Morgan M. - CLOSED

Morgan M.
Morgan M.
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: City of London
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I had a booking in the diary with the restaurant since August for my team's Christmas dinner tomorrow night in their private room for 22 people. Emailed the restaurant our selections from their festive menu 48 hours in advance of the booking, asked them to confirm receipt of my email, heard nothing from them, phoned them this morning to confirm booking and receipt of email, got a strange dial tone so thought I had the wrong number, checked their website and to my horror, found they are temporarily closed until 2014!! Disgusted with their lack of communication as now it leaves me to find alternative arrangements for 22 people at Christmas time in 24 hours! We were really looking forward to this dinner. They have had more than enough time to notify me of their closure. Thanks a lot Morgan M.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Simply - The Best French restaurant in London, the food is always delicious and consistence. We had a party over 30s having the 10 year anniversary menu, the vegetarian menu and had even requested for a tailored gluten free menu. All dishes were delivered to very high standard including the gluten free menu. All guests were thoroughly impressed by the food and the suggested wine choices. Service was attentive and great and adjustment were made is fit our needs. Definitely had a nice and unforgettable evening dinner experience!!! Morgan M's food has definitely touch my heart.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

If you want good service don't go.
At the prices you pay here you expect good food and service. Well the service was just terrible. Delays in being served - dishes being given to others across you - sloppy serving of sauces, wine taken away and delays in getting the wine - pouring wine unevenly that lead to the final person having a drop...which put pressure to order another bottle of wine (which we would have) but it was just poor service. The food was excellent though

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Had heard good things about Morgan M, but my experience was that whilst the food was ok to good, the experience was soured by shambolic service and a poor staff attitude. Ok we were a big group - maybe 30 people, but we had pre-booked and pre-ordered. However there was no sign that our arrival (at the booked time) had been prepared for. We waited nearly an hour for our starters, with a miserly wine service and bread on rationing. For me the worst was no acknowledgement from staff that things were not running smoothly and no attempt to update us on the slow progress of our meals. 3 courses took around 3 hours to arrive. I would look elsewhere.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Very impressed by the lunch menu both for the standard of cooking and the value. Portion sizes all very generous, including the amuse bouche, and flavours well balanced. Only disapointment was the desert (apricot tart) which lacked finese. A nice room with good natural light and tables not packed too close together. Would happily recommend to others and im keen to return to sample the a la carte at dinner.