“Great food great service...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of East Street

East Street
Reserve with OpenTable
East Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #335 of 22,204 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Malaysian, Asian, Thai, Vietnamese, Singaporean
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Perfectly located close to Fitzrovia's pubs and bars. Also right by Oxford Street. Great for work lunches, post work eats, a break from shopping, or just a chill. 100 seats. Solo diners, couples or groups all welcome.
London, United Kingdom
“Great food great service...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Bought my nephew and niece in for a quick snack and loved it! Well advised and looked after by our brilliant waiter, Yezzi and really enjoyed the ambiance and experience. Recommended.

• Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great decor, not much else”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Came here with a friend yesterday after she had stumbled upon it a while back. The appearance of the place was certainly attractive.

However, the service was average to poor. Our repeated requests for water were ignored, even though the waiters clearly wrote it down on their little electronic note makers.

The food too was not outstanding, and did not live up to expectations. Probably around the same standard of Wagamamas, with the inferior service. All in all a cute place to look at, but would not go back for the food.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank bobthegiraffe
“Great setting, poor food, dreadful service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had high hopes for this place, looks great and love my south East Asian street food, having travelled across much of the region noshing my way as I went.

Great setting, funky, kitsch, great. Menu read well. Then the food. The sugar cane prawn tasted of nothing, it could have been compressed cardboard. My Vietnamese beef noodle was too heavy on gloppy hoi sin sauce, totally removing any Vietnamese flavours. It was Chinese ho fun but with mint - odd. My friends Malay curry was plenty enough when we got it after being brought the wrong dish. Som tam salad was alright save for the entire lack of peanut unless you could the ground dust on top.

Service was atrocious. Waited ages for service, had to give my order twice as the waiter completely forgot our order. Had manky sugar cane prawn starter before drink arrived, had to repeatedly ask for drink. Staff banged into my friends chair 4 times, you'd hope they'd know there was a customer sat there. Staff seemed bored and uninterested. No apology to my friend for the wrong dinner - just a surly look. Shameful.

1 Thank lht84
“An authentic and refreshing find in central.... Apart from the service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

The food was great. Having been accompanied by a Japanese person I was told the food was very authentic, at least when it came to the Japanese dishes.

The restaurant itself has a great feel to it. Lovely signage is dotted all over try celling. Anime is played on one of the wall further adding to your emersion into a slice of Asia.

The service is where this restaurant fell down. Our waiter didn't seem engaged at all. After he took our order he never came back to our table. Even though he continued to serve others around us.

Customer servic aside I was pleased that I tried this restaurant. It's value for money and great feel more than outweighed the cons

London, United Kingdom
“I didn't want my curry to finish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I will go back and work myself through the express menu. The food was fresh and simply delicious. The restaurant itself is fairly spacious and interestingly decorated. If you are shopping in the area , this is the place to go for a quick bite.