“A Little Gem”
Review of East Street

East Street
Reserve with OpenTable
East Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #392 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Description: Perfectly located close to Fitzrovia's pubs and bars. Also right by Oxford Street. Great for work lunches, post work eats, a break from shopping, or just a chill. 100 seats. Solo diners, couples or groups all welcome.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stumbled across this place just over a year ago and loved it so much I came every other week for about three months, unfortunately I stopped working near by and neglected it. I went back this week and was reminded how great it is, lovely food, served quickly by friendly staff at a very reasonable price. The manager Carmen is lovely, always chatting and also remembers what I have tried and recommends new dishes based on what I have had before....amazing service.

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I had my birthday here last night. There was no problems when I booked for a table of 14. The restaurant is nicely decorated with asian street signs and canteen style tables. There is an amazing selection of food abd cater well for special diets. Within my group was a vegan, no beef, egg allergy and someone who doesn't like spicy food. Everyone got something yummy! The food is good and very reasonabley priced. Most main courses around £7/8. I would definitely recommend the bo luc lac which I had and I food envy of my friends chicken adobo, looked yummy! The waiting staff were friendly, welcoming abd attentive. Definately reccomended and in a good location

1  Thank londontownchap
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Rathbone Place is fast becoming a foodie Mecca and East Street is its jewel in the crown. I discovered this place by accident (opposite the Ivor Marantz guitar shop) and I liked the look of it so popped in with the missus for a bite. I am obsessed by Asian food and East Street ticks most of the boxes: it offers dishes from Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand. Vietnam, Korea and the Philippines. The Singapore Lakhsa is probably the best I have tasted in the UK (Bugis Street Brasserie a close second), the Yam Woonsen is a fantastic variation as is the Gado Gado, and the Vietnamese and Thai curries are very good indeed. One or two dishes can be a bit bland but in general you can order just about anything in full confidence. Service is always friendly and very efficient, the food comes in no time at all and the prices are excellent. I go at least once a week and usually the bill is around £25-30 for 2 (no alcohol). East Street is my go-to restaurant in London and I take all my friends and family there.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Interesting concept, a Westernised but still reasonably authentic interpretation of the type of street restaurant found across the Far East, with basic furniture, tables packed close together and fast, friendly service. Great choice of food from a range of countries (Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia etc) which was well cooked and came in good portions. Reasonable prices for central London (just off Oxford Street, near Tottenham Ct Rd). Try the rice beer from Laos!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have eaten at East Street on a number of occasions and every time the food has been really delicious, the service has been really good and the decor is fun and funky. The menu is varied and interesting and the food is good value. I will happily return time and again to this restaurant.