“Did not live up to expectations”

Cabana Covent Garden
Ranked #391 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Holborn
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Went here for a company night out, to have some drinks and a nice meal. The drinks were overpriced for what they offered, the food was of ok quality but the barbecued meat did not live up to expectations. Would not come back here. The restaurant itself is very nice, the setting is well thought through. Shame the food and staff were not up to par.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Went to Cabana as part of a theatre package. Had low expectations, but was blown away by the quality of the food and the atmosphere in the restaurant. I had the Spicy Malagueta Chicken, it was a mild spice, but the taste was just amazing, as was the Brasilian coleslaw. The highlight was the Brasilain Chocolate cake. The staff were upbeat and gave a great service and kept the fabulous Caipirinhas coming. I loved the whole experience, including the communal bathrooms with the blue and pink Havaianas glued to the door. Would definitely go there again.

1  Thank promobull99
Reviewed February 25, 2014

As we'd never tried Brazilian before, we thought we'd give this a go and we were disappointed. Granted, the menu looks appetising, but the food wasn't as tasty and spicy nor as plentiful as we'd have liked. Other restaurants (Las Iguanas for example) are far more preferable with better tasting food and a wider range.
The staff here were prompt and friendly, but we won't be going back.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

My wife and I ate here as a result of a Theatre and lunch deal, the place was very busy mainly with people on the same deal.. We had low expectations but the bestselling BBQ chicken dish was very good with a very good marinade which meant the chicken was both moist and tasty. The salmon ceviche was not so good. The service was good, but could have been quicker with our drinks order. I would recommend here at full price but a real bargain when combined with a nearby show deal.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went here last night, can't find fault at all! Fast, friendly service, great atmosphere, amazing food!
We had booked a table but it didn't seem too busy when we arrived (got busier later). There were plenty of waiters/waitresses who all seemed friendly and helpful. The décor in the restaurant I loved (particularly the toilets!) I have taken lots of photos which will explain it better than I can.

We had a cocktail each and a main, side and dessert and it came to roughly £23 a head which I though was good for what we had. The cocktails were great and mine (a Dream Team 1970) came up with a flaming half-passion fruit on top which was a nice touch.
The starters looked nice but I'm glad I didn't have one as I got full up enough on my main. I had the Chicken super salad with the spicy chicken skewer option, my friend had the zingy chicken skewer with sweet potato fries and my third friend had the chicken flatbread. Wish I had more room to try the cassava chips as they are a speciality of Brazil.
For dessert I had the peanut butter frozen yoghurt with peanut candy (nice but not recommended for those with fillings!), the other two had the dulche de leche frozen yogurt and the banana/nutella empenadas.

Had a great time, would recommend anyone to go and I can't wait for an excuse to go again!

1  Thank Rubber_Duckie89