“A little gem”

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #79 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Very nice room - perfect for a business stay. Very helpful staff; very accomodating. Great location. Beautiful property -- classic building. Plenty of common areas for meeting, and the bar is great for winding down after a long day..

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Hi Jeff,
I am delighted that you had such a great stay with us whilst you were on business in London.
It’s great to read that you thought everything was just perfect and that you found the Caxton Bar a great place to unwind after a busy day.
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again when you are next in London.
Douglas McHugh

Write a ReviewReviews (5,990)

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We had a wonderful 5 night stay at St. Ermin's. Everyone was so helpful in making our first visit to London so special. Prior to our visit, I had been informed that Buckingham Palace was offering private evening champange tours. I was not sure of how to reserve a spot for this event. Through emails with St. Ermin's concierge, they checked into the dates and times slots available and quicked emailed back to me the phone number of the palace, slots available, and how to reserve my place. We also had flight issues from the states and the hotel was able to extend our stay an additional night. Our room was great - I had requested a "quiet room" and this one really fit the bill. Also, breakfast is really good there and we had a wonderful dinner in the Caxton restaurant! Traveling around was easy, location is just a few steps to the metro.

Room Tip: We requested a quiet room and received a room on the top floor facing the interior - it was perfect
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bevart
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Hi There,
How wonderful to take a private champagne evening tour of the Palace. I hope you enjoyed it. I am so pleased my concierge team were able to help you book this. They are very knowledgeable and love helping with something a little different.
I see you had one of our rooms overlooking our beautiful courtyard and terrace which are quieter. I am really pleased you loved this room and it met with your expectations.
I am delighted that you chose to have dinner in the Caxton Grill one evening. We are very proud of our Head Chef Adam Handling and our guests seem to love his creative menu. I am glad you found the food wonderful!!!
We would love to welcome you back to the hotel and hope it will be soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

stayed here for 3 nights.

1st thing that i noticed was the size of the room - quite small but still adequate for a short stay.

the tv menu was some sort of custom system built on top of the freeview - very slow and clunky - no need for this at all, just use the standard freeview!!!

the hotel had lots of character and the bed was comfortable - terrible view from the back of the hotel out of my window thou but what can u expect in built up central london.

no free water in the room like other hotels which was a shame and the free wifi was adequate for general browsing etc. the internal walls dont appear to be very good for sound proofing as i could hear the next room when they were speaking loudly on the phone - had to bang on the wall a few times to get them to shut up.

but overall a nice hotel with lots of character - let down by a rather tiny room - if i could afford it i will upgrade to the bigger size next time.

Hi There,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.
I am pleased that you really liked the character of the St. Ermin’s, which we thought very hard about when we refurbished the property as didn’t want to take away the Victoria charm that it has. So thank you for commenting on this.
I see you found your bed really comfortable. We do receive many comments about our beds here and am pleased that you managed to have a good night’s sleep,
I am sorry that you found your room on the small size. However we do have many different categories of room at St. Ermin’s and all differ in view, shape, size and location mainly due to the unique way in which the hotel is built. Our reservations department will be pleased to assist you with sizes and location.
Sorry you thought we did not provide free water in the room. As we filter and bottle all of our water on the premises room service are delighted to deliver this whenever you would like some at no cost.
I am however pleased that overall you liked the hotel and would return to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Excellent stay, all staff very customer friendly. Our room was on the 6th floor
and was more than adequate. Can't rate this hotel highly enough. The location
was perfect for us near Parilament Square and easy walking distance to The Mall
and Picadilly..

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol M

Hi Carol,
I see from your lovely review that you really did enjoy every aspect of your stay, from my friendly team to your room.
I am so pleased to read this and it was a pleasure to welcome you.
We look forward to seeing you again when next in London.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

The booking was made through Groupon and the electronic paperwork was not to hand. The Reception staff took this problem as theirs and we were looked after beautifully whilst the problem was quickly solved.

The doormen and concierge staff were all very friendly and welcoming. The room was on the small side but that didn't matter. It was comfortable and well appointed.

Breakfast was a delicious range of Continental or full English, pleasantly and efficiently served.

There was an issue with guests enthusiastically enjoying a karaoke evening but the hotel management sorted this quickly and offered a generous compensation package.

I can thoroughly recommend this hotel - a lovely stay in historic grandeur with all modern conveniences available.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Hi There,

Thank you for your lovely comments about all of my team who made you very welcome and at home during your recent stay.

I can assure you that my reception team would have thought nothing of it to assist finding your reservation without your paperwork. They would have been only too pleased to help.

I see you had breakfast with us every day during your stay and that you tried both our lovely wide selection of Continental items and our Full English breakfast. I am pleased you liked both of them.

I was sorry to read that you were disturbed by other guests that were at a function, however I was pleased to read that my management team took this seriously and ensured you were looked after.

Thank you for recommending the St. Ermin’s to others and we hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Welcomed from the moment I walked through the front gates to the hotel. Everyone was so helpful. Room was superb, food was superb, quite frankly no complaints and I would definitely stay again. Had I not been travelling on business, it would be the perfect location for getting around london; 2 minutes from St James Park underground, 2 minutes from Big Ben etc etc.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the Ground Floor near reception or you get to hear everyone talking!

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the very lovely title of your review “Superb all round”. It is appreciated.

I see from your comments that you found your room, food and my team just graet.

It was a great pleasure to look after you and we really look forward to welcoming you back again on a future visit to London.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

St. Ermin’s is an amazing hotel in a great location with a staff that is courteous and attentive to your every need. My family and I stayed here at the end of June 2013 as the kickoff to our 3 week holiday and our first time in London. Our room was ready when we arrived and after a long flight we were happy to have a room with 2 bathrooms to get freshened up. The room was very clean and the beds were quite comfortable. The convenient location made it easy to walk everywhere we needed to go. Even though the hotel was quite busy the staff always made you feel like you were important. I am looking forward to my next visit to London and can hopefully stay at St. Ermin’s again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shadsterrr

Hi There,
It’s wonderful that you stayed in one of our beautiful family rooms which all have two queen beds, 1 day bed and two bathrooms which makes them ideal for up to four people who wish to share a room. Glad you liked it.
I am so pleased that you found all of my team very friendly and welcoming. I work very closely with them to achieve this level of service as it is important to all of us that our guests feel at home.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you back to the St. Ermin’s when you next visit London.