“New Years Eve”

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #75 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed with my Husband and 18 year old Daughter for 2 nights at New Year.

Lovely hotel, clean well decorated and very welcoming. The staff are all friendly and helpful.

Very comfortable beds and lovely room. Bathroom nicely decorated but the shower was not very powerful but there was a bath.

Rooms are a good size, the 3 of us stayed in 1 room with 2 double beds, we did not feel at all cramped.

Well located hotel close to tube and Westminster.

Bar expensive 1 gin and tonic and a pint of beer £19 ! But it is in central London.

Would stay again.

Room Tip: Maybe the water pressure would be stronger on a lower floor making the shower better. We were on the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Mandy,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay with over New Year.
It’s lovely to read that you found your room very comfortable, spacious and decorated nicely.
Glad you liked our location which is ideal for New Year’s Eve fireworks near to the London Eye.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when next in London.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Impressive looking hotel from the exterior with lovely interior décor throughout the hotel.

Location: Nice location near tube stop.
Rooms: We stayed in Room 254. It was a nice sized room with lovely décor and a modern feeling bathroom.
Perks: There was a lovely Welcome Treat waiting for us in our room and a bottle of water. Also enjoyed the electric kettle in the room to make tea and coffee. As well as the honey bees on the roof,
Breakfast: Large breakfast buffet was included in our room. Food was average.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am so glad you liked your room and it met with all of your expectations during your recent stay with us. Pleased you liked your welcome treat and enjoyed our tea and coffee making facilities.
I see you found our bees which are popular with many guests especially in the Summer months when they are busy going back and forth to the parks in London. We are very fond of them and look after them well. Hope you managed to have some honey during your stay.
Our buffet breakfast is very popular and it is great to read that you thought this was large and met your needs.
It was our pleasure to look after you and look forward to welcoming you back when next in London.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We live close by and had an overflow of houseguests so my husband and I ran away for the night. :) The entrance to the hotel is impressive. The lobby is interesting from a historical point of view. Our room was on a high floor and far away from the lobby. Getting to our room was interesting as the hallways are a bit convoluted due to it being an older building (although recently renovated). Our room was small and dark but clean and functional. It overlooked the utility area. I assume we were not in the best of rooms as we used our Gold member Marriott points for a free stay. It hit the basic needs for a comfortable clean, quiet room in the center of London.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.
I am pleased that overall you seem to have enjoyed your stay.
I am sorry that you felt your room was on the small side and that the location was not as expected. You are correct in saying that due to the way in which the hotel is built (quite unique for central London) some rooms are larger than others and have different views, some over our beautiful courtyard. These are dependant on the category of room booked.
It would be my pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed 1 night at the st ermin on the 3rd January. We have always wanted to stay at this hotel when in London. We found a good rate on line. We had a I think a superior room .
The entrance is really beautiful one of the best in London and once inside the lobby is breathtaking. It feels grand yet cosy and although busy it was not crowded. The staff are lovely, discreet and willing to help at all times. The breakfast is good and varied. We found the hotel to be like a maze and facilities were not explained to us when we checked in. We didn't know there was a gym nor free wi fi until I turned on the tablet. Don't know what else the hotel does or has. The room however was a let down being neither grand, luxurious or very modern. The heating system breathed hot and cold air all night and was very noisy. We hardly slept. The tv had a poor choice of channels offering paid for channels for a better choice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank STONEYHEAD

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.
I am pleased that overall you found the hotel beautiful and grand as well as my team being very friendly and willing.
I was sorry to read that you did not feel your room met with your expectations. We do have many categories of room all are different sizes, shapes and vary in location due to the way in which the hotel was built. One of our other categories may have been more suited to you. However, I thank you for your constructive review and will discuss the lack of information with my team.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

My mum, sister and myself stayed in this hotel when we were on a sightseeing trip to london and have to say we weren't disappointed, from outside the hotel looked very classy indeed, and when we went inside we were equally impressed, with a very efficient reception. Our room had two double beds, was beautifully furnished with comfy beds and was spotless, we are only gutted that we didn't have a chance to try the afternoon tea, on the website it looks amazing. We did have the chance to try breakfast and had the luxury of having it delivered to our room, it was beautifully presented and it was lovely. I would definitely return to this hotel but next time will leave time to try their afternoon tea :)

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank we_love_holidays48
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,
It really warms my heart to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us.
I am glad you liked your room which had two double beds and that you found this spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished.
Sorry that you didn’t get time for afternoon tea, we do receive many lovely comments about our tea selection and this is now becoming very popular especially with the opening of our new tea lounge at the end of last year. You definitely must have this next time you stay with us.
I see you had your breakfast delivered to your room and found this really good and beautifully presented. I am pleased that we met your expectations with our room service.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back and we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Booked by the GF for a New Year break in London, this hotel is in a great location. Lovely entrance, welcoming staff, with clean, well appointed rooms. Only gripe would be that the lack of complimetary bottled water in the room, though the cafetiere suppplied to make fresh coffee is a nice touch. Icing on the cake was on checking out, I offered the fact that we had eaten a kitkat from the mini bar and the receptionist simply waived it and wished us a nice day. (Thats never happened at a Holiday Inn!) On balance, I think this is probably the best London hotel I have stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir,
It was our pleasure to have you stay with us for your New Year break and I am pleased that you feel that we are the best London hotel you have ever stayed in.
I noted your comment regarding water in the room. We can provide bottled water whenever a guest wishes as this is something that we bottle on the premises as all of our water is filtered whether still or sparkling. I am sorry if you were not made aware of this and I will certainly speak to my front office team to ensure that it is for future guests.
Thank you for your very lovely comments regarding check out and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when next in London.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was staying 3 nights and I loved it for below reasons:-

1. very clean. everything in the room is clean. it's just comfortable to stay in the room
2. the bathroom is very spacious
3. free WiFi connection
4. excellent customer service, all staff are very helpful and courteous
5. staff able to give very good advice on transportation suggestions
6. conveniently located. Underground St. Jame's Park station is just round the corner. about 10 minutes walk to world famous hot spots like West Minster Abbey / Big Ben / Buckingham Palace etc
7. excellent continental breakfast

The only draw back is they don't have car park for hotel guests

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SDGWH

Dear Sir/Madam,
I was really happy to read that you found your room comfortable, very clean and spacious. My housekeeping team work hard to ensure that all of our guest rooms have a high standard of cleanliness and are comfortable.
Thank you for commenting on our excellent customer service and for saying how helpful all of my team are. We like each guest to feel special and I see from your review that you did.
I am glad you enjoyed our wide selection of Continental breakfast items. We do receive many lovely comments from guests regarding how good this is.
Thank you for choosing the St. Ermin’s for your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit London.