“Luxurious, friendly,perfect for a family stay”

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #76 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I rarely review anything here but our stay at St Ermins was soo outstanding i just had to write something.
We arrived as the storm was just starting to hit London on Dec 23. We were wet and miserable and my 4 year old was freezing cold. As we walked to the front door a couple of the doormen ran into the rain to take our wet bags and give us umbrellas. We were there just before 12 so explained we would just drop the bags and have a drink to get warm. The staff would hear nothing of it and actually found us a room so we could get dry and warm
I also explained to one of the guys who helped us with our bags that we planned to take our son to Winter Wonderland but it had been cancelled due to the expected bad weather. Whilst we were upstairs, and without asking, he researched a bunch of things we could do in the bad weather
After a busy day out we came back to the hotel and wanted to eat in the restaurant. We were all in very casual clothes and felt a bit self conscious about going to an upmarket restaurant, especially knowing the chef was one of the Masterchef finalists. But we couldn't have been made to feel more welcome and at home. The food was outstanding and the wine list was the cleverest i had seen in ages. You could get a bottle for less than 20 quid but could also spend hundreds on some outstanding bottles if you wanted
I couldn't imagine a more inviting place to stay in london. This gorgeous hotel is intimate and makes you feel special
But most of all the staff make this hotel what it is.
The last word is left to my 4 year old. He was so spoilt by everyone and loved spending a family christmas at the hotel. But he wants to go back when the weather is better so he can go to the balcony bar
I will be happy to keep that promise
6 out of 5 totally outstanding

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark C
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Mark,
Wow, thank you for your very wonderful review following your stay with us.
It was an awful day on 23rd December, so I am pleased that my team looked after you well on arrival and made sure you were comfortable straight away.
We are very relaxed here at St. Ermin’s and want every guest to feel exactly the same so being casual was not an issue for us in the restaurant and I am glad you enjoyed it. We are proud of our masterchef finalist Adam and thank you for mentioning this.
I will be sure to let all of my team see your review as it will please them.
It would be our pleasure to look after you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the warmer and much drier weather.

There are newer reviews for St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection

Reviewed December 23, 2013

This hotel is located between Westminster Abbey & Buckingham Palace, plus it's near a tube station. The classy looking hotel (the lobby is gorgeous!) is worth the price for the convenience of being within walking distances to many tourist sites.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review upon your return home.
I am pleased that you thought that our beautiful Victorian style lobby was so lovely and glad you have a pleasant stay.
It would be nice to welcome you back when you next visit London.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Nice hotel and friendly staff. Close to underground and central location and in a quiet area (no noice from streets). Nice and clean rooms (not so large, but they are ok). Good breakfast. Internet/wifi works fine. Will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sir/Madam,
It is great to read that you have a lovely time at St Ermin’s and found everything met with your expectations.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Hotel was in ideal location. Rooms were very comfortable, and staff went out of their way for enjoyable stay. Ideal hotel for families. Walking distance to many attractions. We cannot wait to return. Many enjoyable restaurants are within walking distance from hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am pleased to read that you had a really enjoyable stay with us and that you found my team very helpful , as well as your room being very comfortable.
We look forward to welcoming you back again when next in London.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for my first time at St Ermin's in early December. The hotel was impeccably furnished, clean and the staff were very polite & courteous.

However, the double room I got was very small, so much so I couldn't open my suitcase without it touching the wall & the bed. This was because the room was not exactly square or rectangular. The elevators were also very small and narrow, expected for a boutique hotel that probably had been conserved through time. It was so narrow, my children commented they felt they were in a Harry Potter movie!

The main draw for my family was the location. It was just a stone's throw from St James station. Then again, I suppose many hotels would boast this feature.

Without breakfast included, I would say the hotel is on the expensive side.

Not sure if I would return. I would certainly look for an alternative before deciding to return to St Ermin's.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir,
I was pleased to read that you found my team very polite and courteous. I do work closely with them to achieve this level of service.
I have read your comment about your room size and sorry that you felt it was on the small side. Being a listed building it is very unique in its shape. All of our rooms are very different in size and shape due to this and some are larger than others. However, we do have some very lovely family rooms with two double beds and two bathrooms which may have been a little more suitable for you.
The shape and size is dependent on category also.
We would love for you to return to the hotel and perhaps book a family room which you will find more spacious and to your liking I am sure.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Wonderful service, helpful staff, beautiful room. We stayed in a family room and it was simply adorable. Great location, central for major sights.
Highly recommend. Delicious breakfast. Staff very gracious and accommodating.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Katmeow05

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your stay with us.
It is lovely to hear that you booked one of our family rooms which are very spacious and have two bathrooms also. Glad you liked it so much.
We do receive some lovely comments about our great breakfast selection from our guests and I am so pleased your enjoyed it too.
Thank you for recommending us.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We booked this hotel on Venere.com, and while we had some difficulty confirming the reservation with this third party site, the hotel itself was fabulous. I called the hotel directly to confirm and they were very pleasant and reassuring. Upon arrival, a nice chap helped with baggage and ushered in to the check in area. Our room was not quite ready after a long flight from Vancouver but the concierge service held our bags and dropped them off in the room when it was available. We were upgraded to a courtyard view room and welcomed with a bottle of water and a bowl of fresh cherries! Such a cute touch!
The room was spacious and modern with a complimentary Nespresso coffee maker and coffee/espresso and tea amenities. Being all about decor and linens, this hotel really lived up to my standards. The washroom was small with limited storage but manageable. Turn down service was provided as part of our upgrade (again, nice touch) and we were provided with chocolates, slippers and pillow spray in the evenings.
A full service breakfast was included as well and it had something to offer for everyone. Even the continental breakfast was lovely.
Wine and canapés were offered in the lobby in the evenings starting at 5pm. The staff was friendly, and offered up advice on local pubs, transit tips and general conversation.
I would pass on the hotel restaurant for dinner-we found this to be very expensive with basic food options. The bar however, has creative cocktails and nibbles for late night offerings. A terrace bar is also open but service was slow and closed early and we hence felt rushed out.
Overall, great location, lots of pubs around, easy access to tube (St. James) and walking distance to attractions (Buckingham).

Room Tip: Request a courtyard facing room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,
I was so happy to read that we provided you with an upgraded room which overlooked out beautiful courtyard. This is particular beautiful during the Summer months. Glad you liked our turndown service which our chocolate bees left on your pillow, which represent our own bee’s that produce our St Ermin’s honey.
It’s lovely you joined us for cocktail hour in the lobby and that you chatted with some members of my team who were very helpful to you.
I see you had breakfast with us and liked it very much. We do receive some lovely comments about both our wide selection of continental choices as well as our cooked options.
I do hope that when you return to London next you will return and stay with us again.