“Perfect”

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #79 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I'm writing this why actually in the hotel - I cant believe how lucky we were to find this hotel - Staff amazing - room lovely large walk in shower - was concerned about the location but its at the side of the tube.

Ate in the restaurant last night the Caxton Grill - the chef his Adam Handling who I think should win master chef - so I'd go to eat here because in a few weeks you wont be able to get a table, and by the way his foods amazing.

The waitress in the bar are very polite and efficient even though they are extremely busy.

This hotel will not disappoint and we will be returning

Room Tip: We had the executive king more than adequate
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
It’s great to read that you saw that Adam Handling our Head Chef is competing in Masterchef the Professionals. I am very proud of him and he is doing very well so far.
I am glad you enjoyed your meal in the Caxton Grill and yes I think you will find that lots of people will come to experience his style and flair of cooking.
Glad you liked your room with the walk in shower and that the hotel met all your expectations.
Thank you for commenting on Adam and I will certainly ensure he reads your review.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for another stay and we look forward to it.
Douglas McHugh

Write a ReviewReviews (5,949)

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Loved our stay at St. Ermin's Hotel. Perfect location, close walk to subway. Staff could not do more to take care of us. Concierge was extremely helpful. Room was small from what we're used to, but clean and well appointed. Breakfast (free because my husband is a frequent Marriott traveler) was so filling we did not need lunch. Would definitely recommend St. Ermin's for a stay and would love to return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Madam,
It makes me really happy to read that you enjoyed every aspect of you stay and found all of my team very good.
We do receive lovely comments about our beautiful breakfast and what a wide selection there is. I am glad you enjoyed it and that it was filling.
Thank you for recommending us to others and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back for a return visit.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times in the past 6 months and firmly believe this is the best value in London. It is difficult to find a full service hotel in London for 200 pounds per night - but the St. Ermin's is one of the few paid 179 on my last trip. Rooms are surprisingly spacious and the service is excellent. Try a dinner or two at the Caxton Grill - top end food and service. The hotel is located just steps form St James's Park and Buckingham Palace. There is a tube entrance around the corner as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir/Madam,
It was wonderful to read that you have now stayed at St.Ermin’s three times in the last 6 months. I am so pleased you choose to return to each time you visit London.
I see you have eaten dinner in the Caxton Grill and found the food and service to be of a high standard. We do receive nice comments about our lovely menu which is changed frequently.
We do pride ourselves on the service we provide so I am very happy that you thought this was excellent.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for a fourth stay in the future.
Thank you for taking the time to write your reply.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This was the first time my wife and I had stayed this side of London, generally we would be at a Marriott in and around Grosvenor Square, but we were both very pleased with all that St Ermin's had to offer.

Beautiful entrance, helpful staff right from the point of getting out of the taxi, through to reception and the bar. The room and overall ambiance of the hotel did not disappoint, so much so, that we are going back again in December!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir,
It was a great pleasure to read your review following your recent stay with us.
I am really glad that all of my team took great care of you right from your time of arriving in our beautiful Courtyard entrance. I will pass on your review to them all.
Glad that the hotel met with your expectations and you liked all aspects of your stay.
It will be a pleasure welcoming you back this month.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This was my first time in London, with a few days of being a "tourist" before work meetings. For the tourist part, I stayed at St. Ermin's. Based on the price I was a little skeptical of the value I would receive but looking at the reviews here and recommendations from friends I decided to go with it. I arrived at about 10am in the morning and thought maybe I could leave my bags at the hotel since I was way too early for my check-in time. I was greeted with very pleasant staff and to my surprise they said they could check me into a room right away. I showed my my Marriott Gold membership card and then they said they would have to upgrade my room and after about 5 mins they found an upgraded room for me and checked in me. I get to the room and I must say the room was very clean but it was small, not necessarily smaller than expected but smaller than what I'm used to. The staff showed me where the thermostat and conversion plugs were, which was a pleasant surprise since my chargers were all North American standard so I didn't need to buy a converter. The washrooms are small but were very clean, one of my biggest areas of concern, so I was happy. I stayed 3 nights in room 321 which was really close to the elevator but the room was quiet and dark which allowed me to sleep quite well. In looking for recommendations, I approached the concierge and was treated with excellent service. They printed maps, train times, highlighted my exact route, made recommendations for restaurants, I was amazed at the level of service I received. The day before I checked out I called to ask for a later check-out since I wasn't able to check-in to my hotel for work until that night and I wanted to maximize my time in London. They asked what time I wanted and I basically told them as late as possible and told them my train would leave around 4pm and they offered my 4:30pm check-out. I was just "wow'd" with that response. They didn't instead offer me luggage storage service with a 2pm check-out, but rather just allowed me to stay until 4:30pm. The stay was a phenomenal experience for me and I would highly recommend staying here.

As for complaints, I have 2 of them. As stated earlier the rooms were small, so being on my own this time it was plenty of space but if I were to bring my wife and kids, it would be tough. My second complaint, again has nothing to do with the staff or service, was the thermostat. I set the temperature for 23 degrees that stay because it was quite cold that week. I expect that the temperature setting would say at 23 but in the middle of the night, the thermostat resets and brings on the AC to 21. That happened every night and did get me a little frustrated.

All in all, fastastic experience and very happy with the treatment. Please keep up the good work and fix the thermostat. Thanks.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Sir,
Thank you so much for your lovely review.
It is great that we could provide you with an early check in and a late check out during your stay.
We find our conversion plug sockets a real help to all guests who are travelling to the UK from overseas as this does allow you to use your own plugs without any converters at all. We have received quite a lot of good feedback about this facility.
I noted your comments about room size and we do have many different types of room category at the hotel and due to the way the hotel is built they all vary in size and view. If you were to return with your family we do have family rooms that have two double beds, two bathrooms which are far more spacious so please do let think about these when making your booking with us as one of these would be more suitable for you.
I have spoken to my maintenance team regarding the thermostat and they will check this in room 321 so that it is corrected for future guests. Thank you for your feedback it is appreciated.
I am so pleased that your stay was a fantastic experience and I look forward to welcoming you back with your family.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I would always chose again the St. Ermin's Hotel. It is very close to the tube station St James Park and the Buckingham Palace is in walking distance. The staff is friendly and helpful (especially at the bar and at the breakfast service), the breakfast is delicious and the rooms are clean and in a very good condition.
The wardrobe in the room could be a little bit bigger, but we only stayed for 2 nights and like this, it was sufficient.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review upon your return to Switzerland.
It was our pleasure having you stay with us and I am happy that you liked your room, our very wide breakfast selection (which we receive many nice comments about) and that my team were friendly and welcoming.
We would love to welcome you back when you are next in London.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

My 90 year old father and I stayed for 2 nights at the St Ermin's on 15th and 16th Sept and were treated with great care and compassion by all of the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and my father, who is wheelchair bound, was treated like royalty. Would highly recommend St Ermin's to anyone who wants to be within walking distance to the major attractions.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,
It’s lovely to read that you had such a wonderful time during your two night stay with us in September.
It really warms my heart to read that my team took such great care of you and your father and that you felt really special. I work very closely with all of them to achieve the right level of service to make each guests stay individually special.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review for us.
Warm Regards