“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #75 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Absolutely beautiful hotel from its entrance, to its rooms. My partner and I went for a few days for part of his 30th birthday celebrations. Everything was immaculately presented, the staff were brilliant and it was conveniently a minute walk away from St James tube station. The photos don't do it enough justice! Thank you for a truly memorable stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,
Many thanks for your review and I would like to wish your partner a belated Happy Birthday.
It is really nice to read that you liked the décor of the hotel, your room was great and my team were very friendly and helpful.
I am pleased that it was a memorable stay for you both and I hope you will return.
Douglas McHugh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,073)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We just finished a lovely 5-night stay at St. Ermin's. Excellent location and the staff are so professional, friendly and provide 5-star service. William of the maintanence dept went above and beyond with my special electrical needs -- wonderful smile and great ability to provide the extra electrical connections I needed for my medical equipment. Ceasare at check in was so gracious and prompt and the Concierge desk assisted us several times during our stay. I'd recommend it highly!

Room Tip: We had an executive room at the back of the hotel -- only a roof-top view but it was very quiet and...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review.
I am glad that you had a good stay and thank you for recommending St Ermin’s to others.
It pleases me to read that you found my team gracious and very helpful throughout your stay. I am proud of them.
west country
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Very nice place conference food shocking all very green colour didn't stay in rooms. I am sure the rooms are nice but the food was just very poor quality.

Coffee and cakes were ok

Very nice entrance easy access to tube

• Stayed September 2013
hull
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here for a one night weekend break whilst in London for Buckingham Palace tour. Could not have picked a better hotel location wise, approx 10/15 mins walk to the palace and also within easy walking distance of numerous other attractions such as Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament, London Eye. 2 mins walk from St James Tube station.

Arrived at hotel at approx 10.15am, greeted by friendly staff, expected room wouldnt be available at this time but presently surprised to find our room was ready and we were allowed to check in.

Rooms well appointed with everything you need to enjoy your stay. Our room didnt have a view as it was at the back of the hotel but on a plus side this meant there was no noise at all during the night.

We had continental breakfast which again had everything you would need to set you up for the day.

We found all the staff to be very friendly, everyone we passed said hello.

On checking out we were allowed to leave our bags for collection later on in the day.

Would recommend this hotel if in London again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fcfreddie
Dear Sir/Madam,
It is really nice to hear that you liked your room and that we were able to offer you an early check in on your day of arrival.
I am glad you enjoyed our Continental breakfast, it has so many choices for people and we have good feedback from many.
Thank you for mentioning that my team were both friendly and courteous. I work closely with them to achieve this good service level throughout the hotel.
We would love to have you stay with us again in the future.
Beijing, China
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I arrived at the St. Ermin's in the early evening, and the lights outside of the hotel were all up, I was telling myself, what a lovely hotel! That impression was reinforced further as I entered inside. The lobby and the room are nicely decorated, and they look very warm and cozy. The bed is comfortable, and the bathroom, while not big, it's functional, and I really like the rainforest shower. I enjoyed the restaurant in the hotel as well. They serve nice breakfast, and the service is very attentive.

The hotel is in an excellent location. It's right next to St. James's tube station. It's about 3 minutes walk to St. James Park, 5 minutes to Westminster Abbey and the House of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, Green Park, Hyde Park, National Gallery, Piccadilly, and Victoria were all walking distance, so I explored all these places by foot. I hope next time I come to London, I will take my family and stay at this charming hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AlanTam25
Dear Sir/Madam,
It is nice to read that you found the hotel looking beautiful in the evening with the lights on the archway and courtyard as you entered.
I am pleased you found your room comfortable and that our breakfast was great too. We do receive lots of nice comments about our breakfast selection so thank you.
It would be my pleasure to take care of you when you return with your family and you may wish to try one of our family rooms which have two bathrooms also.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Such a stunning hotel, really great location and fantastic service.

I arrived late afternoon and the lobby had a great buzz about it, not stuffy at all. Check in was a breeze and after a long day was much welcomed! I stayed in a Deluxe room which was bright, spacious and over looked a courtyard which is a view you just don't expect to have in Central London

The food in the restaurant was superb, really well priced and the bar was just brilliant - the bar staff were very welcoming and chatty which I found very refreshing.

This hotel and the staff were on point, great hotel with lovely staff! From check in to check out I had 0 complaints and coming from me that is something!

I will definitely be back to this hotel - sooner rather then later I hope.

Room Tip: Ask for Courtyard View - just lovely
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,
I must say how lovely it was to read you amazing review.
I am delighted to read that you found the hotel lovely and that you enjoyed the beautiful courtyard view from your room. It is truly lovely.
I see you ate in the Caxton Grill and enjoyed it as well as chatting to my team in the Caxton Bar. They are great fun to be with and always come up with new drinks to offer as well as being friendly.
It would be my pleasure to have you stay with us again and I look forward to you returning.
Warm Regards
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We (myself, my wife and two daughters aged 7 and 4) arrived at the hotel on a sunny afternoon after a very long flight from Sydney. We were all feeling exhausted (my youngest daughter especially who had been sick during the car ride from the airport). Our flight had been delayed for 6 hours - so all up we had been travelling for over 30 hours. We were more than a bit disappointed that our room was not ready, as we had arrived after check-in time, and had actually expected to arrive earlier (I had also sent an email to the hotel advising of this a little while before we left). However, the staff were so lovely (providing free drinks, and information on getting around London, places to eat and places to visit) and it was such a nice place to just sit for a while, that the hour or so wait for our room seemed to go very quickly and was not as unpleasant as it could have been. The room was very comfortable so that when we did check-in and went to sleep, we slept very well. The location was also very central and having St James Park tube station just round the corner made getting around London very easy. A number of sights were also within walking distance and our first 'sightseeing expedition' was a walk through St James Park, to Buckingham Palace, followed by a visit to Westminster Abbey. The terrace was great for lunch and drinks, and free wine and snacks in the lobby in the evening was a welcome surprise. Overall, a very nice place to stay for the start of our European holiday.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your return to Australia. It is appreciated.
I am pleased that my team looked after you whilst you were waiting for your room to be prepared and I am sorry that this wasn’t available to you as soon as you arrived, but can see that it didn’t detract from the enjoyment of your stay.
I am happy that you found your room comfortable and that you managed to sleep well which must have seemed such a long journey.
I see that you managed to join some members of my team for St Ermin’s Hour in the lobby for a glass of wine in the evening. This is something that many of our guests enjoy doing and some love to chat about their experiences of the day which is great for us to hear.