New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #75 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Northampton
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I usually only look at travellers photos as they give a true reflection. I have to say what you see on the professional photo gallery of this wonderful hotel, is exactly what you get. We stayed in a five bedded family room, with double of everything, including bathrooms. I am a little late adding this review (stayed February 2012) but do hope the hotel has the same high standards as when we spent the night here. Also the bar prices were very reasonable considering it's location.

Don't hesitate... book it. You won't be disappointed. Location is also excellent for walking around London, not far from Buckingham Palace.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (977)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Riyadh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The hotel was nice enough but I booked my room via my Accors account and when I got there I found out that they had been taken over by the Marriott on the 1st of May therefore my booking was not honoured and I was forced to pay twice - trying to get your money back is another story. The hotel as I said was nice enough but do they really want to listen to your complaint and sort it out to your satisfaction - the answer is a BIG NO !! Having flown in from the Middle East and not having seen your wife for 6 months this was supposed to be a treat for both of us - sadly they both handled it badly and our get together was completely spoiled. As usual everybody spoke to told us what they could not do rather than sorting the issue out between them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

7 Thank LarryRiyadh
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Sir,

I must apologise for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. I am very sorry if you felt that my team did not handle your issue in a professional manner, please be assured that this is not indicative of our usual standards.
I believe that all of our Accor guests’ bookings have been honoured, but please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you need any further assistance with this matter.
Please accept my sincerest apologies and we hope that you will visit us again in the future so that we may have the opportunity to serve you better.

Yours sincerely
Douglas McHugh
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The lobby of this hotel is magnificent! The rooms are very nice, and seem quite spacious, after very being in other European countries. The hotel is located very near to Buckingham Palace and two lovely parks. Also very close to Parliament, Big Ben, and Westminster Abbey.

The hotel staff was very kind and helpful. We asked for directions and information several times.

Room Tip: Well, we didn't have a view, but didn't spend enough time there to notice. There is so much...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Amersfoort, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I spend two nights in this hotel on a business trip. We also booked some conference rooms here as well.

The good thing about this place is the atmosphere, the friendly and abundant staff, and the inside is marvellous. The food was good as well. The room has tea and coffee facilities and paid minibar.
The bad thing, the room was cramped, and every morning during our conference we got disturbed by protesting people outside the building.

The big issue with the room is, the bed is actually only accessible from one side as the other is standing against the wall. Also the bathroom has a very narrow place to put your stuff so my toilet bag would not fit on the edge. The shower is nice as it is like a big waterfall, only probably due to water saving techniques it resulted more in a wide spread shower then a flood off water falling down. Both are to be lived with until the price comes along which in my opinion is about 70 GBP overrated.

Would I stay here again? Only if the boss puts me here for business that is fine, but privately I would never pay 219 GBP per night for such a small room where even the internet via Wi-Fi is an additional charge.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank swhnld
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We booked a nights stay through the Caxton grill loyalty programme. St Ermins is a truly amazing place, made to feel special from the moment you walk into the courtyard entrance. We celebrated our wedding reception there 25 years ago and returned for a nights stay before a mass of matrimony thanks giving at Westminster Cathedral. The hotel is a truly relaxing place to be, staff gave us all the attention and privacy we needed. Highly recommend the lunch and dinner along with a visit to the terrace and bar. Breakfast is amazing, with a vast range and great service. A day in London, followed by a night at st Ermins is a treat not to be missed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We arrived at the front desk at 10:30 a.m. after an overnight flight from Canada. The staff were extremely accomodating and within minutes we were in a beautiful room with a king bed overlooking the New Scotland Yard. Our breakfast was included and every morning we enjoyed fresh fruit, assorted cereals, yogurt and even smoked salmon in the main floor restaurant. We spent four days in this gem of a hotel and every single staff member went out of their way to be helpful and make our stay as pleasant as possible. We walked everywhere from this location and even on the last day when we were catching our train to Scotland we managed to sprint to Victoria Station when our taxi was unable to get through as the streets were closed for the Queen speaking at Parliament. Two staff members helped us pull our bags up to Victoria Street and get us on our
way. I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I spent a couple of nights at this hotel with friends (who did the booking for all rooms)....the rooms, while very small, were wonderful......modern in style, design and features.......very comfortable too......no views from the windows.....just the side of another building......(no street, nothing else visible to see)....you could probably request a better view, but we were only here 2 nights so it was OK......at least the windows opened for ventilation......service from the staff was friendly.......the location was very good......at check out they asked if I wanted the charges in dollars or pounds.....I opted for the dollars.....only realizing later it was converted at their rate.....which is not the best......overall a good experience but I would probably check for other options before booking again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends