“Really Nice Hotel”

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #79 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I were here in May, 2012. We were very impressed when we arrived, it is a beautiful hotel. The rooms were modern and very, very clean. The room even came equiped with a power outlet converter.The staff were friendly and the concierge was more than happy to share some interesting history about the hotel. You couldn't ask for a better location so close to Big Ben, the Palace and Westminster Abby and of course St. James Park. Which was very lovely.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (5,944)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had originally booked a room last weekend but due to the snow asked if the booking could be moved and the reservation team kindly moved it to the next weekend. When we finally made the journey to london we were given an upgrade as we were celebrating a birthday, were aloud to check in early and returned to our room later on to find a slice of birthday cake and a card.

The lobby was beautiful and every single member of staff was very helpful from reception to housekeeping. The rooms were very clean and tidy although not as grand as you might think from the lobby but the bed was sooo comfy. The only things id mention if being picky were that power leads for the tv and lamps ets were hanging on display and the bathroom was pretty compact.

We enjoyed a fab breakfast which was included in the price and for a small surcharge we were able to 'upgrade' to a cooked breakfast. An afternoon tea was also included in the price.

The only things id say on the down side apart from the above was the fact that the cleaner continued to hoover the bar area whilst we were trying to have a quiet drink and that during our afternoon tea two of the staff actually appeared to be having an arguement in full view of us.

Overall i think the service and friendliness of staff was excellent and although not cheap i felt the price was right for the location, standard and inclusions ie breakfast and afternoon tea. Id highly recommend the hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a court yard view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here sadly only 1 night for my daughters birthday, they upgraded my daughters to a deluxe superior and provided a birthday card and as my daughter told me a "wonderful" chocolate cake(she was not willing to share!.) Just around the corner from St James park so travelling around London no problem, rooms comfortable and clean. I could not praise the staff enough always pleasant and helpful. Breakfast buffet really good value for money. Would diffently stay here again. Only problem we had was finding our room it is a bit of a maze but worth the hunt.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed at St Ermin's recently for her 30th birthday. On arrival we were upgraded to a larger room as it was a special occasion. The room itself was spacious, modern, had a great bathroom, huge comfy bed and the all important black out blinds that we like.

We had room service breakfast on our first morning which was a bit pricey but nice for a treat. The rest of our time in London we grabbed something for breakfast at the local Pret and Starbucks.

The location is brilliant. Victoria (for Wicked), Covent Garden, Buckingham Palace and Oxford Street were all walkable. The St James tube stop is also two mins from the hotel which is on the circle and district line.

The one thing that really stood out about the hotel was the friendliness of all the staff who were willing to go the extra mile.

As mentioned by others there was an electrical fault meaning that hot water wasn't available for a morning. A freezing shower wasn't ideal but two letters were posted through our door explaining the situation and our £60 room service bill was waived on departure as an apology.

Definitely the best London hotel I've stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2013

a family weekend celebration was fantastic the location rooms and service were excellent our visit to London for the family celebration was made perfect with our stay at St. ermins cannot wait to visit you again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I spent a night here and found this hotel to be lovely and the staff without fail to be charming and helpful. The room was a fairly decent size for London and the bed was big and comfy. The room had everything you would need including tea and coffee, mini bar and lovely toiletries from the White Company. We had breakfast served in our room and it was delicious, the car was looked after by the Concierge and all in all it was a great find. We would absolutely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have just returned from a two night stay on business. The hotel seeks to present itself as a high-end 4 star and in terms of the friendliness and staff courtesy it is in 5 star territory. However, what really let the hotel down was that the room I was allocated had no natural light. I did not immediately notice when I arrived because it was dark and I had to work and by the time I did realise it was quite late in the evening. In the morning, however, it became clear that because the windows looked directly into another bit of the building they had been painted over. This may not make too much of a difference in January but in July it would have totally unacceptable, especially if working in the room. Had I been paying privately I would certainly have demanded a change. Another problem was that for a significant part of the second day there was no hot water in the hotel from early morning until late afternoon. The hotel was apologetic and I received a free breakfast upgrade to compensate so I don't hold it against them but what might otherwise have been a possible 5 star review cannot exceed 3 stars simply because of the painted windows. I would rather have look into an ugly brick wall than to have the lights on.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that has natural light.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business