“understated elegance”

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #80 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 4, 2012

A beautiful hotel close to all London sights. The hotel sits back from the road, there's a beautiful drive all lit up. The staff I dealt with were all really helpful without being onto of you. Door men couldn't have been more helpful when I arrived and when I left., going outta find me a taxi . Didn't try restaurants but was at a conference and buffet lunch was very nice which bodes well for the restaurants!

Room wasn't very big but had everything I needed and was beautifully decorated. Overall great experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I visited the hotel yesterday for afternoon tea with a friend. What a beautiful, elegant hotel with fabulous furniture and soft furnishings - we loved the Christmas decorations and the flower beds in the entrance driveway were really colourful and pretty. The afternoon tea was plentiful and delicious, the staff were very friendly, had great personality and made it clear that nothing was too much trouble for them. We stayed for a couple of hours and we were not rushed. Such was our enjoyment of the afternoon, we went on to have a drink in the bar and had a similarily enjoyable experience - lovely drinks, lovely bar staff. We would highly recommend this hotel and we all plan to visit again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jacqueline S
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night for my girlfriends birthday going to watch a show in the evening. from the moment we arrived the staff were welcoming and smiling, the hotel was warm and felt cosy. Our room was large with a super comfy bed, slippers, robes, great shower, all in all a great stay. In the lobby we met the duty manager, Soyful, who was a pleasure to chat to, he helped us arrange our taxi and was full of helpful advice.

Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

For a hotel to balance their sophistication and their ability to welcome and set at ease is really difficult in my experience. St. Ermin's Hotel is both beautiful and welcoming. I felt comfortable and spoiled here! The staff were extremely attentive and efficient. it was basically traditional and elegant but there were some different decorative touches too. The food and breakfast were good. I was a bridesmaid for a friend and the wedding team also seemed fantastic too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sophie_Litchfield
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Gorgeous exterior. Beautiful lobby. Stylish rooms. In great safe part of town. Close to tube. Super close (walking distance) to famous London monuments. Only complaint is free wi-fi is only available in the lobby.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kelleyrh
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Thank you to all Tripadvisor reviewers for this recommendation. I just returned from a 4 night stay. As a woman traveling alone I wanted to make sure my hotel was in a good location, safe, with excellent service and above all clean. St. Ermin's exceeded my expectations. I had a Superior Queen overlooking the courtyard (advice I took from reviewers). You could not ask for a better location. No problem with my IPad as there is free service in the lobby. Each morning I would ask the front desk to set it up with password as I am a novice at this sort of thing. Which brings me to the excellent service. Everyone from the doorman to the concierge, Juan, was so helpful. He assisted me with every little request and went well above the call of duty. I don't understand the pettiness of some of the recent reviewers. I think you can tell by reading them that some people can never be happy. I will and have recommended this hotel to friends. When you enter to lobby is like walking into a very magical place decorated with white frosting. I had a nice glass of wine in front of the fireplace after a cold and wet walk to the Palace. My dinner in the cocktail lounge (eating alone sometimes I feel funny in a big restaurant) I felt quite comfortable and could order from the restaurant menu. It was delicious and very reasonable. I will never stay anywhere else in London. I have found the perfect place.
By the way, I took Simply Airport service from Heathrow Airport to my hotel and had them pick me up at the hotel for my departure back home. It is only 25 GBP if you pay cash to the airport and 35 GBP from the airport using a credit card. (There are airport costs, which is why it costs more coming FROM the airport) I found them on Tripadvisor also. P.S. I arrived on an early flight and was able to have early check in at 10:30 AM. It was no problem at all.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the courtyard. I also asked for a shower and tub combination. No problem.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank lonespine
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights recently whilst on business and had a very good experience. The staff there could not do enough for you, the room service food was excellent, probably the best I've ever had. Beautiful decor in the lobby etc.

The rooms are quite basic but clean and functional. Walls are a little thin as I discovered when my neighbour came home a little worse for wear and decided to phone all of her friends at 1am!

Good value in my opinion, which is very rare in London.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business